Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Thief Collection finds its way to Steam

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By valrog

Just saw this, and I'm hoping that they will bring even more games (Like Alice for example, and some other great titles that are currently missing). Thief Collection is now available on Steam, and with a 50% discount too.

If you like stealth games, Thief is definitely worth checking out.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Death_Burnout

OH DUDE! My favourite games of all time. Thief Gold and Thief II....On Steam. The pleasure of buying these games again will be all mine. As far I'm concerned they are the best stealth games. Ever. Done.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Sin4profit

I just bought the collection on Steam just now despite owning physical copies as well as copies that i bought from GoG.com

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By mordukai

@Death_Burnout said:

OH DUDE! My favourite games of all time. Thief Gold and Thief II....On Steam. The pleasure of buying these games again will be all mine. As far I'm concerned they are the best stealth games. Ever. Done.

I wonder what version of Thief 2 steam has. I wanted to try Thief 2X over the winter but for some reason never got it to work.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Death_Burnout

@mordukai said:

@Death_Burnout said:

I wonder what version of Thief 2 steam has. I wanted to try Thief 2X over the winter but for some reason never got it to work.

Actually that's a good point, I wonder if you could get T2X to work, not that it matters. I mean I have at least two T2 discs.

T2X is great, I was a little sceptical at first and aside from one or two missions, It is amazing.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Death_Burnout: I just bought Thief gold on its own, figuring that the sequel is just unnecessary more of of a great (supposedly) game.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Death_Burnout

@ItBeStefYo said:

@Death_Burnout: I just bought Thief gold on its own, figuring that the sequel is just unnecessary more of of a great (supposedly) game.

Am I correct in assuming this?

Oh man, no Thief 2 is absolutely worth getting. Only if you like the game of course, I look at it as a mission pack expansion to the first game with a few tweaks and additions, oh and story of course. Thief 2 has some of the most beloved Thief missions in it. I personally prefer the theme and tone of the first game myself, but T2 is a must. I would say that though!

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oraknabo

1 & 2 have been on GOG for a while and I got Deadly Shadows on Steam at least a year ago for almost nothing.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PeasantAbuse

Are these games worth playing if you've never played them before? Do they hold up OK?

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Raethen

@PeasantAbuse: The Thief series is great and well worth going back to. Deadly Shadows (the most recent) is the weakest of the series, but there is one level in the game that every fan of horror games should play, and makes purchasing Deadly Shadows worth it in my opinion. If you can afford it, get the whole pack.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By J12088

WOOO! About time. Buying 1 and 2. Already own 3. I thin the fourth is coming soon too. Tho i hear it has multiplayer which is worrying.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#12  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Already have them on GOG, but in general the Thief series is excellent and people should buy them.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By squirrelnacho

@PeasantAbuse said:

Are these games worth playing if you've never played them before? Do they hold up OK?

They are very good games. However, they require a level of patience that newer games don't. Some people who are only used to playing new action games won't like them. Most major games have become linear, easy, and action oriented. It's too bad, moderately challenging games can be fun. The third game is probably the best to start with.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@Death_Burnout: Wait, Thief deadly shadows and Thief Gold are different things?! oh no what have I done.

squirrelnacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By squirrelnacho

@ItBeStefYo

Did you look at the individual game descriptions at all? They are 3 different games, each getting slightly newer graphics and different features.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By supermonkey122

They need the Diablo games on Steam, unless Blizzard won't let them or something.

ItBeStefYo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ItBeStefYo

@squirrelnacho: This is a terrible mistake, gonna have to go to steam support for the first time, see what happens!

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tesla

Oh snap, thanks for the heads up.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By mordukai

@Death_Burnout: Seems like steam has the latest official patch they had for the games so the games are vanilla. You'll have to install the FOV mods for those games and some fan made mods to make the game look better.

Death_Burnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Death_Burnout

@PeasantAbuse: They hold up incredibly well, like...I get more enjoyment playing these games to death now than playing most games that come out today. There are some problems with platforming and climbing, but nothing you can't handle. I still love the visuals, in fact the visuals are part of why I love the game so much as well as the sound design, both create an atmosphere you will be hard pressed finding better in games today.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@GDYoder: @squirrelnacho: @Death_Burnout:

Sounds pretty rad, thanks for the information.

Raethen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Raethen

@ItBeStefYo: Keep it. Deadly Shadows is still a great stealth game. Mechanically, it is probably the best in the series though I've only played the first two without mods. There is a little less exploring, but the world is still fun to explore and the Cradle is incredible.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.