Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Today's Steam Sale Games (12/1), Which Do You Recommend?

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I'm abandoning the poll because they definitely don't work.

Today's the last day of the "Explorer's Sale." Looking at the two primary deal sections (each labeled with a time limit, one of two days and the other of one,) which game would you recommend most if someone were only to buy one?

Some people have money to burn; others don't. Help out the latter folx.

Note that you don't need to recommend directly to me, though I might follow your advice. I have several of the games listed already!

Also, worth noting that many of yesterday's sales (including Divinity: Original Sin, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, and Saints Row IV) are still going!

I'd probably have to recommend Skyrim or Alien. I really want Alien, but if you don't have Skyrim, you'd be a fool.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi
    Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

Today's the last day of the "Explorer's Sale." Looking at the two primary deal sections (each labeled with a time limit, one of two days and the other of one,) which game would you recommend most if someone were only to buy one?

Just to note: since this is the last day of the sale, both sets of deals have a time limit of only one day. So anyone who's interested in any of the games on sale needs to act today and not wait until tomorrow.

As for the games, Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut is the only one I'm buying.

blzzzrrttt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

I really want Dragonfall and Planetary Annihilation but I have yet to play Shadowrun Returns (which is $1.49 right now!!!) and I've never played a real RTS before. Anyone got anything good to say about those two games?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

@blzzzrrttt: Shadowrun is fantastic. It's very different mechanically and mathematically from the games it draws from (Fallout and Baldur's Gate) and that goes a long way in making it a unique and memorable experience. The art is beautiful as well.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Wow. This is maybe the first sale where I've bought absolutely nothing. Feels kinda nice.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
    deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By mike

Thanks to the magic of Steam regional pricing, I managed to get these today for about $8.50. I still may get the Splinter Cell Elite Echelon Bundle if I can find a good trade deal for it. Yesterday I got Payday 2 and all of the DLC for around $13 I think.

No Caption Provided

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I had been staring down dragon fall all sale. Glad I waited so I got an extra 10% off then I would have.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Today's batch is a bit of a stinker, as far as I'm concerned.

Portal 2, Skyrim, and XCOM are all quite good, but man, you really should've already played those by now.

As far as stuff that may or may not be your cup of tea, Crusader Kings II if you're into managing ludicrously complex systems, Alien Isolation if you're into horror, and get Shadowrun Dragonfall or Wasteland 2 if you're into CRPG-style games. The rest I'm not particularly a fan of.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#13  Edited By Slag

Well today's batch is either really good or really bad.

There are a bunch of really good games, but like @bisonhero pointed out you probably already played most of them

these are all really fantastic buys imo

• Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Giant Bomb's GotY 2011)
    • XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Giant Bomb's GotY 2012)
    • Tomb Raider
    • Portal 2
    • Far Cry 3 & Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Very good buys

• Castle Crashers
    • Shadowrun: DragonFall Director's Cut
    • Wasteland 2

If I had to pick one and only one it would probably be XCOM, but Skyrim is probably the best value as you can play that game for years and never get bored.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

just went and bought Shadowrun-Dragonfall, thank you.

I also did okay this sale. Divinity-Original Sin and the Borderlands prequel blah blah, was bought. I also got the Evil Within, and Resident Evil 5. I hope Resident Evil 5 is the one I want. Everything else I own.

I pretty much died seeing the price The Stick of Truth was going for, but I also knew that lesson was coming.

ClaritySam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty much everything on my Wishlist is on sale right now. Great time to be broke....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.