What's the weirdest games you didn't remember having?

#1 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

Steam Sales. Indie bundles. Impulse buying. Let's face it: after some time on Steam, your library starts becoming populated by games you don't remember having, or even don't know when or how you got them. We've all been there.

I have absolutely no idea how I got Astro Tripper. Or even what that game is, for that matter. What are the worst offenders in your case?

#2 Edited by Pr1mus (3907 posts) -
#3 Posted by aspaceinvader (257 posts) -

Astro tripper is awesome game. Can't really think of one.

#4 Posted by notdavid (839 posts) -

Train Simulator 2013. I guess it was from a Steam sale or something.

#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

The first Euro Truck Simulator.

#6 Posted by Shaunage (708 posts) -

There are a few. I don't remember where Ancients of Ooga came from or what it is at all.

Same applies to: Blueberry Garden, Jolly Rover, Vertex Dispenser.

I suspect they came with Humble Bundles, but I don't know.

#7 Posted by Frostily (42 posts) -

I remember all my dumb buys sadly......

#8 Posted by Butano (1738 posts) -

Flora's Fruit Farm probably. Think I got it when I picked up a SquareEnix pack like 2 years ago.

#9 Posted by believer258 (11903 posts) -

I have this game called "Snapshot" and have no clue what the fuck it is.

#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

I'm not totally sure how I ended up with Blur.

#11 Edited by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -

@believer258 said:

I have this game called "Snapshot" and have no clue what the fuck it is.

#12 Posted by captain_clayman (3321 posts) -

I have Rogue Warrior...was puzzled about that for a long time but then remembered it was from the Bethesda bundle. Would have never bought it seperately. I'm kind of ashamed to say it, but I actually played through the whole game. It was short and easy, and I just wanted to check it off my list of games to beat.

#13 Posted by paulwade1984 (478 posts) -

Somebody sent me skyrim as a gift on steam. I didn't recognise the name. I just clicked accept. The guy never spoke to me or anything. That was a year ago now. THankyou to that guy/girl.

#14 Posted by JoeyRavn (4973 posts) -

@Shaunage said:

Blueberry Garden

Man, Blueberry Garden is fucking trippy.

#15 Posted by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Zombie Pirates. No idea how it got there, and it's a weird ass weak ass game.

#16 Posted by Ekpyroticuniverse (144 posts) -

world of zoo, not sure how I ended up with it

#17 Posted by yinstarrunner (1198 posts) -

I don't have any weird games that I'm not sure about, but the weirdest thing was when I went to go buy Arkham City during the Thanksgiving Sale only to realize I already have it. WTF?

#18 Posted by IAmNotBatman (644 posts) -

Juiced 2? I don't even like racing games... and Juiced 2 as a choice is... LOL.

#19 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

A lot. =P

Weirdest by looking at screenshots is probably Your Doodles are Bugged

#20 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

I buy all of my games on purpose.

#21 Posted by SgtSphynx (1389 posts) -

Not necessarily weird, but I honestly don't remember purchasing Hotline Miami, and only found out I had it when i went to purchase it during the Steam sale.

#22 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Cricket Revolution. I'm 90% sure I have it because of malicious Steam-gifting.

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ

I'm not totally sure how I ended up with Blur.

Wait....there is a PC version of Blur!? *runs to open steam*
#24 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19339 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

@FluxWaveZ

I'm not totally sure how I ended up with Blur.

Wait....there is a PC version of Blur!? *runs to open steam*

I haven't checked since I ended up with it, I think, but I believe it got removed from Steam for legal reasons after Bizarre Creations got shut down.

#25 Posted by DizzyMedal (399 posts) -

While I do remember how I got each game when I look through my library, I often do the other trick of seeing a game on sale, going 'Ooooh' and then finding out I own it when I go to the store page.

At least Valve give you a heads up on that and don't just let you buy it again.

#26 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -

Hearts of Iron 3. I always forget that I own it on a monthly basis. I tried learning how to play it once... but... no.

#27 Edited by MikkaQ (10288 posts) -

I found out recently that at some point I bought a copy of Quantum Conundrum without noticing. Also I found Trine 2 in my library but no Trine 1. And I haven't played either of them. anyway.

@Ravenlight said:

Cricket Revolution. I'm 90% sure I have it because of malicious Steam-gifting.

That's the best kind of steam gifting. Having effectively run out of stuff to buy on Steam, gifting copies of Train Simulator 2013 is about all I can do during a sale event now.

#28 Posted by jking47 (1211 posts) -
#29 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

@MikkaQ said:

I found out recently that at some point I bought a copy of Quantum Conundrum without noticing. Also I found Trine 2 in my library but no Trine 1. And I haven't played either of them. anyway.

@Ravenlight said:

Cricket Revolution. I'm 90% sure I have it because of malicious Steam-gifting.

That's the best kind of steam gifting. Having effectively run out of stuff to buy on Steam, gifting copies of Train Simulator 2013 is about all I can do during a sale event now.

I gift copies of Garshasp to .

#30 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@MikkaQ said:

I found out recently that at some point I bought a copy of Quantum Conundrum without noticing. Also I found Trine 2 in my library but no Trine 1. And I haven't played either of them. anyway.

@Ravenlight said:

Cricket Revolution. I'm 90% sure I have it because of malicious Steam-gifting.

That's the best kind of steam gifting. Having effectively run out of stuff to buy on Steam, gifting copies of Train Simulator 2013 is about all I can do during a sale event now.

I gift copies of Garshasp to .

Gift-trolling is my favorite holiday tradition. Everyone on my Mumble server on Christmas Eve got a Nancy Drew game this year. Half of those people have installed it, and I think one is actively playing.

#31 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

I've pretty much bought all of my games on purpose. The only ones i can think of more than likely came in a publisher pack.

Atom Zombie Smasher (it's actually really fun)

Conflict: Denied Ops (hear it's bad, never played it)

Crayon Physics Deluxe (I don't even own a tablet)

Disciples 3: Renaissance (I think it was because I was playing king's bounty and might and magic at the time)

All the tomb raider games (fuck if I know what I was thinking, but I do not remember buying them)

Pretty much every Telltale game (only played the back to the future ones, must have bought em in a pack)

Star Trek Online (I simply have no idea as I'm pretty sure I've never played it, maybe the beta, but deffo not retail, I fucking hate star trek)

Spellforce 2: Gold edition (fuck if I know)

Season of Mystery: The Cherry Blossom Murders (square pack I think? not a clue what it is)

Hammerfight (the fuck is shit shit)

Flora's Fruit Farm?

My personal favourite; Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. I have no idea at all where this came from, and it's pretty shit to boot.

#32 Edited by SgtSphynx (1389 posts) -
@Canteu said:

My personal favourite; Steel Storm: Burning Retribution. I have no idea at all where this came from, and it's pretty shit to boot.

Humble Indie Bundle 3, and actually, a good number of those games are from Humble Bundles.
#33 Posted by TheMasterWhooves (13 posts) -

I didn't recall getting Ricochet on Steam until I realized I bought the CS:Anthology series.

#34 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2219 posts) -

Otogi for the original Xbox, no idea what that game was about.

#35 Posted by BoG (5189 posts) -

I didn't get it on Steam. I have a completed Kingdom Hearts 2 file on my memory card, and I don't remember playing the game for more than an hour.

#36 Posted by le_zane (63 posts) -

@Hunter5024: Do you also buy them all on vinyl?

#37 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6192 posts) -

I remember most of my game purchases, but I have no idea when I made about a third of my GOG purchases. There must have been a great weekend sale or something at one point, but I cannot for the life of me remember having purchased some of the games on there.

Moderator
#38 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@MikkaQ said:

I found out recently that at some point I bought a copy of Quantum Conundrum without noticing. Also I found Trine 2 in my library but no Trine 1. And I haven't played either of them. anyway.

@Ravenlight said:

Cricket Revolution. I'm 90% sure I have it because of malicious Steam-gifting.

That's the best kind of steam gifting. Having effectively run out of stuff to buy on Steam, gifting copies of Train Simulator 2013 is about all I can do during a sale event now.

I gift copies of Garshasp to .

Gift-trolling is my favorite holiday tradition. Everyone on my Mumble server on Christmas Eve got a Nancy Drew game this year. Half of those people have installed it, and I think one is actively playing.

That's all well and good, but I think that popcorn is the sole reason that there is a second Garshasp game. Is that a net positive for the universe?

#39 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Secret of the Magic Crystal...

#40 Posted by Abendlaender (2804 posts) -

I have no idea why I have four Commando games in my Steam library, also some game named "Hammerfight"?

Probably because of some Indie Bundles

#41 Posted by PolygonSlayer (426 posts) -

I recently discovered that I have LA Noire on steam, even though I never bought it. I even checked my receipts in my email! Especially since I already had completed it on PS3 when it came out.

The only explanation I can come up with is that it must have been part of some sale or bundle that I did not see. In any case, very confusing. :P

#42 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -

@nintendoeats: I don't know if I should wretch in horror and shame, or rejoice and be merry over helping to keep Dead Mage Inc. alive.

#43 Posted by TopSteer (656 posts) -

Apparently I own Flora's Fruit Farm somehow, maybe I got it in some bundle or something.

#44 Posted by jsnyder82 (733 posts) -
#45 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

@jsnyder82 said:

Omicron: The Nomad Soul

Hate you so much right now. I skimmed the first page of posts and when I cam back here to post I forgot that this wasn't just a Steam only thread. My heart skipped a beat thinking that game was on Steam. I played that when I was younger and it blew my mind at the time. I was too dumb to figure the game out, but the things you could do just made it feel like the greatest thing ever. Plus the David Bowie song is great.

#46 Posted by jsnyder82 (733 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

Omicron: The Nomad Soul

Hate you so much right now. I skimmed the first page of posts and when I cam back here to post I forgot that this wasn't just a Steam only thread. My heart skipped a beat thinking that game was on Steam. I played that when I was younger and it blew my mind at the time. I was too dumb to figure the game out, but the things you could do just made it feel like the greatest thing ever. Plus the David Bowie song is great.

The David Bowie song is about the only thing I remember from the game. I remember owning it, and that song, but everything else is just a blur.

#47 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11734 posts) -

There are a ton of Indie Bundle games that I have never played or installed, though my personal "Why the hell did I buy this?" part of my Steam Library is probably the X series. Crazy overwrought space nonsense something something.

#48 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

@nintendoeats: I don't know if I should wretch in horror and shame, or rejoice and be merry over helping to keep Dead Mage Inc. alive.

Neither do I....neither do I.

#49 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@jsnyder82 said:

@crusader8463 said:

@jsnyder82 said:

Omicron: The Nomad Soul

Hate you so much right now. I skimmed the first page of posts and when I cam back here to post I forgot that this wasn't just a Steam only thread. My heart skipped a beat thinking that game was on Steam. I played that when I was younger and it blew my mind at the time. I was too dumb to figure the game out, but the things you could do just made it feel like the greatest thing ever. Plus the David Bowie song is great.

The David Bowie song is about the only thing I remember from the game. I remember owning it, and that song, but everything else is just a blur.

Oh hey, I accidentally wound up with two copies of that game for christmas, I'm probably going to start it after I wrap up X-Com.

#50 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3380 posts) -

I own a copy of the next gen Bionic Commando and now I'm pretty sad. Oh wife-arm.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.