Which is the best of Steams new Free to play games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by 1momosauky (208 posts) -

the list is:

Champion online

Spiral knight

Global Agenda

Alliance of Valiant Arms

and Forsaken Sword

It would be a lot to ask for some one to have played all of them, but if some one is currently playing one and is enjoying it informing me would be great. :)

#2 Posted by shinigami420 (640 posts) -

I played the forsaken sword and spiral knight

spiral knight is a kiddy game its super easy and pretty boring

i really do like the forsaken sword got some cool classes

and played ava before that game is pretty dope

you should dowload ava and fs

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Spiral Knights, ZeldaTorchlightPhantasyStarOnlineDiablo like.
Pretty addictive, been enjoying it good.

#4 Posted by 1momosauky (208 posts) -

Thanks guys I will be sure to try those out

#5 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

This is the GB Quick Look for Global Agenda from 2010.
#6 Posted by Ghostin (369 posts) -

The most polished is Champions online, it's a pretty fully formed game... although it does get a bit stale once you max out a character. 

#7 Posted by Diablochicken14 (114 posts) -

I had some fun with Champions Online. It's a pretty cool world and is pretty fun at points.

#8 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

I like AVA, but it's a 'pay to win' game, well, there isn't much weapon diversity if you don't spend extra money on it.

#9 Posted by coco31063 (1 posts) -

@1momosauky: I can't believe people have missed out the obvious one, Team Fortress 2 is an addicting fun game, its really popular and you can have hours of fun with it, its mainly a multiplayer so if you want a solo game, don't get this

#10 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

Team Fortress 2?

#11 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@coco31063 said:

@1momosauky: I can't believe people have missed out the obvious one, Team Fortress 2 is an addicting fun game, its really popular and you can have hours of fun with it, its mainly a multiplayer so if you want a solo game, don't get this

@phrosnite said:

Team Fortress 2?

Hell yes! Fuck new games, TF2 is still receiving content updates and still has a massive playerbase.

#12 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

The only one of those I really spent any time with was Champions Online, but I quickly grew tired of the Comic Sans. I know it's a superhero game but COME ON.

#13 Posted by Sitoxity (551 posts) -

APB.

#14 Posted by 1momosauky (208 posts) -

@Ravenlight: 66 hours deep already; thanks for the suggestion but I have been playing that game for years already

#15 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -

Team Fortress 2, definitely, though I've had some fun playing around with Rusty Hearts, Rise of Immortals and Spiral Knights.

#16 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

I feel like my Team Fortress 2 has been updating for years, they have been releasing updates faster then I can download them.

#17 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7615 posts) -

@coco31063 said:

It might have something to do with the fact this topic is 6 months old, it was created way before TF2 went F2P.

No reason not to bring this topic back though. Star Trek Online is also going F2P next month, and I'd recommend that, if you're a Trek fan (otherwise don't bother).

#18 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Super Monday Night Combat.

#19 Posted by Kidavenger (3533 posts) -

Rusty Hearts isn't bad, but the installer is a real mess and installs a bunch of crapware while it installs the game, I wouldn't have given it a chance if it wasn't on Steam.

Rise of Immortals is really good too, the PvE mode is a good addition to the moba genre and I hope they do more with it.

#20 Posted by BisonHero (6452 posts) -

For what it's worth, the 3 hours or so that I played Spiral Knights during the Steam Summer Sale in July made it seem like a chore.

#21 Posted by noa_pakootas (1 posts) -

also there is alien swarm, war inc.battlezone. and not one on steam is octodad :D

#22 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2245 posts) -

also there is alien swarm, war inc.battlezone. and not one on steam is octodad :D

This thread is almost 2 years old.

#26 Posted by chiablo (924 posts) -

Planetside 2 is good.

#27 Posted by Nasos100 (727 posts) -

back from the deeeeeeead

#28 Edited by Chaser324 (6432 posts) -

Locking this down. The free to play games available on Steam have expanded a lot since this thread was created two years ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.