Worst Game on Steam

• 0 results
#1 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -

GIANTBOMB!
I require your aid.
It is my friend's birthday and I need to buy him a gift. Nothing too fancy, I'm not in love with him or anything.
All I want is to purchase for him the worst game on steam.

My problem: what is it?
Metacritic isn't much help for me here, many of the truly bad games aren't even scored. I need something that is aggressively bad. Anyone care to help a GB member out?

#2 Edited by Devil240Z (3362 posts) -
#3 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -
@Devil240Z said:
" Ship Simulator Extremes "
Oh christ how could I have forgotten!
That game's 40 frikkin bucks, though. I'm not shilling that much.

I found this after a bit of searching.
#4 Edited by Vision (796 posts) -

I'm looking for one like a mad man. 

I don't know if you can gift DLC if the user doesn't have the game but i guess you could always go with a Alien vs Predator map pack.

EDIT: Chrome doesn't seem too great, 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/46420/

Rag Doll Kung Fu

#5 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Might as well go beyond the call of duty and pick an extremely old and piss ass cheap game that he probably can't run on a modern OS: Star Wars: Dark Force

#6 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -
#7 Posted by Daveyo520 (6752 posts) -
@ThatFrood: Following the podcast's advice with antagonistic steam purchases I see. 

Here you go.
#8 Posted by DarkShaper (1333 posts) -
#9 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -
@ThatFrood:  If you PM me his Steam name i'll gift him something awful aswell. Double-Up on that B.
#10 Edited by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -

All under $5:

Simplz Zoo
Flutterbyes
Mole Control
Farm Frenzy 1, 2, Pizza Party
Half Life: Blue Shift
Zen of Sudoku
Vegas: Make it Big

Actually, go with Elf Bowling o_o

#11 Posted by Milkman (16786 posts) -

Can you still buy APB on Steam?

#12 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -

Unfortunately, no.

#13 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@Milkman said:
" Can you still buy APB on Steam? "
no
#14 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -
@Vision said:
" @ThatFrood:  If you PM me his Steam name i'll gift him something awful aswell. Double-Up on that B. "
Oh man, that'd be hilarious.
I'm pretty sure you actually have to be friends with a dude to gift it to him though, right?

Also... man... CrimeCraft is actually a pretty great suggestion. I'll consider it. I've been looking at the Petz games, specifically Petz Catz.
#15 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -
@ThatFrood:  I think you can just type in a username, if not i'll try to make him accept my friend request. 

This guy needs to get his elf bowling on.
#16 Posted by PearlPink (5 posts) -
@DarkShaper: I bought that during the last holiday sale, that would be a good one.
#17 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -
@Vision: Thanks mate, but that's alright, I wouldn't want to just take from ya like that. I'll get him elf bowling myself, as well as a copy of Petz: Horsez 2 

Thank you GB! The tradition of antagonistic Steam gift purchases lives on!
#18 Posted by Codeacious (960 posts) -
@Milkman said:
Funny thing, I was thinking the same thing. You can still download it if you bought it, apparently. 
#19 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -
@DarkShaper: You made the Elf bowling page, didn't you?
#20 Posted by Vision (796 posts) -
@ThatFrood:  I can spare a few euros. :P
#21 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

APB

#22 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

Elf bowling is definitely the way to go, I've been searching and can not find anything to top that atrocity.  

#23 Posted by Zidd (1846 posts) -
@Meteora: Dark Forces is one of the best "Doom Clones" to come out. All of the older games that are released on steam have a DOSBox wrapper so that they run on modern machines. Fun Fact: They are also DRM Free.
#24 Posted by BeachThunder (11929 posts) -

Big Rigs should be on Steam :(

#25 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11734 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" Might as well go beyond the call of duty and pick an extremely old and piss ass cheap game that he probably can't run on a modern OS: Star Wars: Dark Force "
What? Dark Forces is great for what it is: A Star Wars themed Doom Clone. And it runs through DOSbox. As Giant Bomb's other resident player of old games, I must defend it from your assumption that it is somehow the worst thing on steam. Really, Starfighter is probably way worse. 

In reality? It's probably one of those games that I always immediately glaze over when reading. Elf Bowling comes to mind.
#26 Edited by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -
@Milkman said:

haha, it closed down so I have no idea.
#27 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Gift him this terrible game: 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/70400/  
It's full of squeeling animegirls and meaningless grinding 

#28 Posted by JJOR64 (18990 posts) -

How about you bee a good friend and buy him Titan Quest Gold.

#29 Posted by BronzDragon (180 posts) -

If we're gonna shower him with gifts, make sure every 5th or so is actually a hidden gem, so he can't just ignore them all.

#30 Posted by Brake (1099 posts) -

If I'd have to do an antagonistic Steam gift, I'd give someone Railworks DLC. If that's even possible.

#31 Posted by MattyFTM (14384 posts) -

Crash Time II is completely terrible, and available on steam.

#32 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Might I interest you in Tunnel Rats? It's based on an Uwe Boll film, so you know it's gonna be good.

#33 Posted by Peewi (410 posts) -
@ChineseTea said:
"If I'd have to do an antagonistic Steam gift, I'd give someone Railworks DLC. If that's even possible. "

Nope, you can't get DLC on Steam without having the base game first. 

Eternity's Child is an absolutely terrible game that I happened to buy on Steam without knowing better.
#34 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

How has there been no mention of Drug Wars yet (previously Merchants of Brooklyn)?

#35 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

This thread makes me proud to be a member of the GB community.

#36 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" Might as well go beyond the call of duty and pick an extremely old and piss ass cheap game that he probably can't run on a modern OS: Star Wars: Dark Force "
I love how it lists looking and shooting up and down and jumping over ledges as features. I realize it was probably amazing back when it was released, but still.
#37 Edited by fisk0 (4104 posts) -

Chrome isn't that bad. It's a Halo rip-off, and only slightly better than Halo at that.

These would be my nominees:

Soldier of Fortune: Payback

Rogue Warrior

Raven Squad

Damnation

Star Trek D.A.C.

X-Blades

(edit: for some reason I managed to write Rogue Squadron - that N64 Star Wars game - instead of Raven Squad)

#38 Posted by odintal (1095 posts) -

Railworks. 
They somehow took the model train hobby and made it even more sad and pathetic. 

#39 Posted by Mesklinite (804 posts) -

Railworks
#40 Posted by DarkShaper (1333 posts) -
@Redbullet685: Yes I did make it.
#41 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@ThatFrood: So how did it go? Can we get an update?
#42 Posted by Forcen (1823 posts) -
#43 Posted by Zurv (442 posts) -
#44 Posted by fisk0 (4104 posts) -
@Zurv said:
"
space siege 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10530/ 

the best part is that it looks like it could be good... ie, chis taylor, dungeon siege...  
but.. ugh soooooo bad. 

but if you want truely bad. Universe at war: earth assault 
It was made by a bunch of westwood ppl after EA bought C&C.. oh crap is it bad! 
http://store.steampowered.com/app/10430/     "
is UAW bad? I've heard pretty good things about it, but the Steam version seems like it had a lot of issues.
#45 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

If you want something that seems good right up until you realise just how shitty it is try C&C4.  That game is terrible, its so bad you'll actually want to snap your now useless disc in your hands.  But the beauty is that you won't know about it until it hits you.  You'll happily play for about 10 hours before you start to realise you haven't actually been doing anything.  God I hate that game. 

But yes listen to the others.  Elf bowling.  It was bad as a flash game, there's no way he'll enjoy that being on his steam list

#46 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

If you want something that seems good right up until you realise just how shitty it is try C&C4.  That game is terrible, its so bad you'll actually want to snap your now useless disc in your hands.  But the beauty is that you won't know about it until it hits you.  You'll happily play for about 10 hours before you start to realise you haven't actually been doing anything.  God I hate that game. 

But yes listen to the others.  Elf bowling.  It was bad as a flash game, there's no way he'll enjoy that being on his steam list

#47 Posted by ThatFrood (3375 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
" @ThatFrood: So how did it go? Can we get an update? "
It went excellent.
He has vowed to me that he will beat Petz: Horsez.
I told him that I didn't think that was possible, but he INSISTED.
He played about an hour of it, with me staring over his shoulder. After I was done laughing he said "I wish you had gifted me a hard copy of this game so I could throw it out a window. Instead it's just going to sit in my Steam library... forever." 

Then he played some Elf Bowling, again, while I watched.
Quote of the playthrough: "My eyes... they're vomiting."
#48 Edited by TotalEklypse (1000 posts) -

hey get him Uplink.. stupid game pisses me off.

#49 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
#50 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -
@ThatFrood said:
" @LordAndrew said:
" @ThatFrood: So how did it go? Can we get an update? "
It went excellent. He has vowed to me that he will beat Petz: Horsez. I told him that I didn't think that was possible, but he INSISTED. He played about an hour of it, with me staring over his shoulder. After I was done laughing he said "I wish you had gifted me a hard copy of this game so I could throw it out a window. Instead it's just going to sit in my Steam library... forever."   Then he played some Elf Bowling, again, while I watched. Quote of the playthrough: "My eyes... they're vomiting." "
I need friends like yours...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.