Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steel Battalion

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 21, 2002

A mecha-combat game for the Xbox by both Capcom and new studio Nude Maker, requiring use of an expensive oversized complex cockpit peripheral bundled with the game.

Just found a used "copy" of Steel Battalion; should i buy it!?

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Bouke

When i walked into one of my favorite game stores (a used gamestore with everything from Atari's up to PS3's) the other day, i was just looking around not really searching for anything special. Among the boxes with old consoles however was a big camouflaged box with Steel Battalion written on it. Turns out they actually got a working controller and a copy of the game for the original xbox for sale. The price was 115 euro which is a little over 150 dollars or something; and i stil own a original xbox... 

Should i buy this amazing piece of gaming history!? I mean its not like i'm really going to get my money worth from just playing it right!? But it is kind of awesome to have such a rare game/controller... 

Help me out!

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bicycleham

Does it even work on 360's? Or do you even have an original Xbox?

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Bouke
    @Xolare: I'm pretty sure its not backwards compatible on 360, but i still have an original Xbox; so no problem there!
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By BunkerBuster

I don't know about you but I couldn't wait to get a friend to haul that 4 foot plastic space waste out of my fucking house. But to each his own I guess. 

In my opinion, if you can get your hands on Chromehounds you'll have a much better time than anything Steel Batallion / Line of Contact will offer.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bouke
    @BunkerBuster: is it still a friend?
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @Bouke: He's still my friend; he ended up giving it away after having to move if that's what you're asking. What you should be asking is if the game was good. It was never good. 

Actually, let me back-pedal a bit. It's a good game if your a fan of the genre, f you can handle the "realistic" movements of the robots and you don't mind it being a very short game.
    Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Bouke
    @BunkerBuster: See, that is helpfull! I didn't really know if the game was any good, since i never played it. If the game was even good, combined with that controller it might be worth it. 
    roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By roborobb

fuck yessss. Or you could wait for the Steel Battalion Kinect game, I'm sure it'll be just as good.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy

For that much money you can buy a Kinect, and the sequel to SB is coming out for it probably next year.

Bouke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bouke
    @xyzygy: Actually i couldn't because Kinect costs 150 euro over here which is more like 200 dollar, plus 70 dollar for the game... 

I don't know i guess i always wanted to play it just to see what it was like and when it came out i couldn't afford it and now that i can, i'm wondering if i should. Its a lot of money to try out a game...
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By xyzygy
    @Bouke: If I were you I'd snatch it up. Not only does it look very unique but it will probably become a very rare item in the future, if you're into that sort of thing. 

And wow Kinect costs a lot over in the EU!
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By bicycleham

Do it.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By melcene

Yeah, grab it up.  I know people who have had it, and later sold it, and totally regret selling it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.