Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Stoked

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 24, 2009

Stoked is a trick-based open world snowboarding game with a focus on backcountry riding.

Hesitant. Stoked is Fishy.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Branthog

Avatar image for galvanizednails
    GalvanizedNails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GalvanizedNails

I'm hesitant too. I know I'm going to be buying a snowboarding game soon, be it this or Shaun White, just because I really really want a snowboarding game, but I dont think you should let the $40 price put you off on it. I mean look at Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise and Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts. both are great games for $40. Still I would say wait on reviews though

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rowr

ive never heard of it.

perhaps thats why its 40$

reviews?

edit = None yet by the looks, but i found out the developers name is Bongfish. Which is awesome.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#4  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I'm a bit skeptical too, but mostly due to a lack of enthusiasm by the general gaming press.  Then again, many of my favorite games this year got little to no coverage, so that might not be any indication at all.  I'm really hoping for a demo at the very least or more gameplay videos.  It does look promising.

zFUBARz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By zFUBARz

The 40 dollar price point is likely to try and undersell shaun white. which is a pretty good strategy.

From what I've heard the game is pretty solid, a couple minor control issues, and some bad character models, but overall the majority of players have said it's way better than ign gave it credit for.

jonnyp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By jonnyp

I think its actually pretty good.  You can tell it didn't have the biggest budget in the world, but over all it's pretty fun.  I've been enjoying it way more than Amped 3 and I didn't play Shaun White because A) lots of negative feedback and B) I think he is kind of a tool.  But more people should check out stoked.  It's not perfect, but if enough people pick it up they might make a sequel and have a decent budget to do so with - and Stoked 2 could be a great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.