Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Storm

Character » appears in 62 games

Storm has the Mutant ability to control the weather to a great extent (for instance, she can cause tornadoes to take down fighter jets.) She is African and was once worshiped as a god before Xavier took her in.

Storm is #1 in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rbysjti
    No Caption Provided

The white-haired, blue-eyed weather manipulator Ororo Munroe reigns supreme as she takes the top spot in Comic Vine's Top 100 Superheroes 2011 poll.

Storm led the voting poll with 196 pts, 27 points ahead against #2 Superman who accumulated 169 points. Morphues, Spider-Man, The Phantom, Aquaman and Thing followed behind.

160 comic characters were nominated from different publishers and more than 80 Comic Vine members participated the poll. The poll was conducted by a group of Comic Vine members to have and start the site's annual popularity poll.

Here's the link to see the complete list (first post of the thread) and how and who voted: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion/1/comic-vines-top-100-superheroes-2011/632429/

A thread has also been made for Storm's victory on her forum: http://www.comicvine.com/storm/29-1444/storm-is-1-in-comic-vines-top-100-superheroes-2011/92-638797/#176

Storm is currently leading a team starting in X-men #20 (November2011) and will soon become a member of The Avengers in Avengers #21(January 2012).

As of the moment...

- Storm holds the record for a female comic-based Marvel Comics character that has the most number of appearances on films including X-men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, cameo appearances in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men: First Class, Superhero Movie, etc. Whether Storm or Catwoman holds the title for a female comic character who have the most number of appearances on films requires further research.

-Storm holds the record for a female comic character of Marvel Comics that has the most number of appearances in cartoon series including: Pryde Of The X-Men, X-Men: The Animated Series, The Amazing Spider-man, Wolverine and The X-Men, X-Men Evolution, X-Men Anime, The Superhero Squad Show, and Black Panther.

-Storm holds the record for a female comic-based character with the most number of appearances in video games (more than 30 games) like X-Men Legends, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel ultimate Alliance, etc.

-Storm is #2 for a female comic character that has the most number of appearances in comics. Invisible Woman took the top spot as she started appearing since 1961 while Storm's first appearance was on May of 1975. Storm may possibly take the top spot in year 2012.

-Storm holds the records for a black comic character with the most number of appearances in films, cartoon series, comics and video games.

Possibly...

-Storm is also the female comic character that has led a team longer than any other female characters in comics

--

Storm
    Storm
    amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By amomjc

Never liked storm much myself, always liked Cyclops and Wolverine the most and never really thought of her. Cool she is getting some recognition though, maybe I am missing something.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jhazzroucher

@amomjc said:

Never liked storm much myself, always liked Cyclops and Wolverine the most and never really thought of her. Cool she is getting some recognition though, maybe I am missing something.

A lot of Storm fans voted the poll. : )

and to add which might answer your "missing" thing (but not sure though if the info i'll give will help you), Storm is the only female character in Marvel Comics (perhaps we can include other publishers) i consider who really took a leadership role. Possibly led a team longer than any other female characters in comics. She's possibly the most popular black character, is the #2 female character with the most number of appearances in comics(DC and Marvel Comics) (Storm is currently taking the 2nd spot because the #1 started appearing in 1961 while Storm started appearing in 1975, but Storm may possibly take the top spot before 2012 ends). Storm also has appeared in a lot of films (including cameo appearances in x-men origins: wolverine and x-men first class and superhero movie). Storm also holds (but correct me if i'm wrong) the female comic-based and the black character that has the most number of appearances in video games.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Sounds like the kind of dumb thing Comic Vine readers would do.

People think Giant Bomb or Anime Vice is bad? Those people are genuine weirdos.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By inkerman

Interesting choice, but how the hell did Aquaman get into the top ten?

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@KingWilly said:

What so stupid about it? After more than 1000 votes I think it's a pretty good sampling of what the Comic Viners think.

Stingraymond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stingraymond

@Mr_Skeleton said:

@KingWilly said:

What so stupid about it? After more than 1000 votes I think it's a pretty good sampling of what the Comic Viners think.

Yeah it's a good sampling it's just stupid... Storm fucking sucks. There is no way in hell most comic book fans would even dream of voting Storm as their favorite superhero of all time. She's boring as shit, no personality, dire backstory and pretty lame ass powers.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @amomjc said:

Storm is arguably one of the most well rounded Mutants in the X-Men cadre.  Scott Summers is arguably the worst X-Man ever.  Wolverine carries the whole series via SNIKT.
    Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Vexxan

Sorry, the correct answer is BATMAN!

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Stingraymond: I agree that Storm is boring, but then again I don't really care about comics. If you think she is boring than you are probably with the other 800 people who didn't choose her but she did get the highest percentage of votes and that is how those things work.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By amomjc

@SeriouslyNow said:

@amomjc said:

Storm is arguably one of the most well rounded Mutants in the X-Men cadre. Scott Summers is arguably the worst X-Man ever. Wolverine carries the whole series via SNIKT.

I'll admit now that I don't really look into comics and their lore that much to understand the scope of the characters farther than this one shoots laser beams and one controls storms. I recently (with the help of the comiXology app on my iPad) got into comics and hopefully will have a better understanding of who means what in the universe of marvel.

PS: While we're at it, anyone have any suggestions for a good comic book line to start on? Preferably something new so I can start from the beginning. (Stick to DC/Marvel please, nothing obscure)

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Storm's aight.
    I always loved this look:

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I disagree. There is only one proper answer to this.

Goddammit, why didn't the goddamn Batman win?

jkuc316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By jkuc316

@MooseyMcMan said:

yeah! Did any other superhero get a metascore of 96/95? He clearly should have won Best Superhero EVER!

rbysjti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rbysjti

I added more info on the first post. @jkuc316 said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

yeah! Did any other superhero get a metascore of 96/95? He clearly should have won Best Superhero EVER!

I know he's like the greatest comics character as of the moment, but there were only a few of Batman fans who didn't ignore the poll. Perhaps next year, more comicvine members will participate.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

@MooseyMcMan: Which Batman do you pick as the Batman you are voting for? Bruce Wayne or Dick Grayson? That's probably why. Too divisive.

@Inkerman said:

Interesting choice, but how the hell did Aquaman get into the top ten?

Aquaman throughout the course of Brightest Day was a badass. That's why.

Personally, I would've liked to see Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force at the top of the list. Who says you can't have five badasses as #1?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Jeffsekai

@jakob187 said:

@Inkerman said:

Any examples?

adoggz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By adoggz

well thats an acceptable choice i guess. Though to be honest i dont really care since The Batman was excluded. I know it wouldn't be interesting if The Batman constantly won everything but i just dont care for super heros other than The Batman.

theveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By theveej

LOL no suprise.... go check any forum topic on comicvine that is remotely related to Storm and you'll understand how this happened

@jakob187 said:

@MooseyMcMan: Which Batman do you pick as the Batman you are voting for? Bruce Wayne or Dick Grayson? That's probably why. Too divisive.

@Inkerman said:

Personally, I would've liked to see Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force at the top of the list. Who says you can't have five badasses as #1?

+1 Right about Batman, Aquaman has been good since brightest day, and Uncanny X-force is by far the best book marvel has right now

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By Dany

I'd agree. In the films and cartoons she has always been the most intriging X-men, marvel character for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.