Unbelievable Live-Action Street Fighter Alpha 2

#1 Edited by Luke (1609 posts) -

Man this is so great! Seth just put this up on his blog. Check this out if you love being mind fucked by Japan!   

"Rarely have I seen such a brilliant combination of maniacal attention to detail and epic fail. 

Sakura’s moves are pitch perfect, the backgrounds are painstakingly accurate—they even have the rock from the foreground in Chun-Li’s stage, for godsakes.

Fortunately none of that gets in the way of supremely terrible special moves, awkward combat, Chun-Li having her eyebrows burned off by real fire, and not even trying to hide the wire-work, much less editing out Bison getting blasted off the set entirely. 

This comes from a Japanese New Year's celebration variety show, but in the spirit of the just-passed Thanksgiving, let’s all pause and take a moment to be thankful for Japan, one of the world’s greatest fonts of baffling absurdity!"

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (18782 posts) -

One word:   Awesome.

#3 Posted by DevWil (843 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
" One word:   Awesome. "
Two words: silly shit.
#4 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I could do about a minute of this.

#5 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -

When the kid crawled on Gen I stopped watching. This is some weird ass shit.

#6 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

Haha, that was still better than Street Fighter: The legend of Chun Li.

#7 Posted by Hyco24 (27 posts) -

That was high-larry-ews. 

Nice find. At least this is better than a Dr. Uwe Boll flick.

#8 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -

DA FUK' !?
#9 Posted by MysteriousBob (6273 posts) -

I have to admit, I couldn't get past when "Sakura" floated on top of Gen. But its awesome because of that. I think. I just like to see people acknowledging that SFII and SFIV aren't the only SF games that exist.

#10 Posted by newmarcom (295 posts) -

I find it weird that they used that Mortal Kombat movie theme as the character select track.

#11 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Why was the Mortal Kombat theme playing? inb4 somebody asks why bison is vega.

EDIT: Somebody asked!

#12 Posted by xyzygy (9612 posts) -

Why is M. Bison called Vega?

#13 Posted by Hailinel (22696 posts) -
@xyzygy said:
" Why is M. Bison called Vega? "
I don't know if you're serious or not, but I'll humor you (and for anyone that doesn't honestly know):

In Japan, the dictator is named Vega, the boxer is named M. Bison, and the claw fighter is Balrog.  When Street Fighter II was first released in the west, Capcom was concerned that the cartoonishly violent boxer with a name very similar to Mike Tyson could result in some legal trouble, so they switched the three names around.  So Captain Psycho Crusher is Vega in Japan and M. Bison everywhere else.

Back on topic, that video is awesome.  I sat through the whole thing.  The fight between Dhalsim and Sodom is especially ridiculous.
#14 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I just saw something that I can't unsee.....

#15 Posted by Hailinel (22696 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
" I just saw something that I can't unsee..... "
I'm watching it again!
#16 Posted by CitizenJP (983 posts) -

Lmao. Bison vs. Chun Li was the best one.

#17 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -
@newmarcom said:
" I find it weird that they used that Mortal Kombat movie theme as the character select track. "
Yeah I was going to say lol.
#18 Posted by MrGetBonus (781 posts) -
@CitizenJP said:
" Lmao. Bison vs. Chun Li was the best one. "
Yeah definitely. I lol'd hard when Dhalsim's arms first stretched out though.
#19 Posted by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

I think that video is probably best summed up as brilliantly Japanese.

#20 Posted by Capum15 (4570 posts) -

It's horribly amazing. Couldn't stop watching.

#21 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -

This video is full of win.

#22 Edited by TwoOneFive (9461 posts) -
This is pretty fucking awesome!!
#23 Posted by Geno (6479 posts) -

Oh god. Why. 

#24 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" I have to admit, I couldn't get past when "Sakura" floated on top of Gen. But its awesome because of that. I think. I just like to see people acknowledging that SFII and SFIV aren't the only SF games that exist. "
There are tons of people who see SF3 as a SF and even the best one. Even the Alpha games are always getting name dropped. Heck Jeff has mentioned SF3 a number of times on the podcast.
#25 Posted by Willy105 (4686 posts) -

"I am an American, but I also love Japan!"

I really liked how they didn't use CGI, but old school special effects.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.