Play Street Fighter II: Championship Edition For Free

#1 Posted by JJOR64 (18889 posts) -

I seen this article over at EventHubs that you can now play SFII: Championship Edition in your web browser.  You will probably need the latest  version of Adobe Flash to play it.  I think they are doing this so people will buy SFIV on PC.  Anyways, play this game to remember the good old days.  It actually runs really good for a flash game.

http://www.dotemu.com/sf2/

#2 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11420 posts) -

How Bizarre. Too bad I can't figure out how to do a dragon punch on my keyboard...

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Can you use a controller?

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18889 posts) -
@CL60: I don't think so since it is a flash game.
#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Lame.

#6 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

dang. took me 10 tries to make Ryu do a Hadoken with the keyboard. Sucks i cant use my stick...

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18889 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN said:
" dang. took me 10 tries to make Ryu do a Hadoken with the keyboard. Sucks i cant use my stick... "
I tried doing a Dragon Punch, that's really hard with a keyboard.
#8 Posted by Wolverine (4276 posts) -
@JJOR64: That is really cool but I really don't want to play a fighter with my keyboard. It just seems weird to me.
#9 Posted by cdfishman (259 posts) -

instantly in my favorites.

the keyboard is a little awkward, but I'll make do.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18889 posts) -
@Wolverine said:
" @JJOR64: That is really cool but I really don't want to play a fighter with my keyboard. It just seems weird to me. "
It is weird but, you can't beat free.  :-)
#11 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -

I don't mind playing with a keyboard.   As with anything it's a matter of practice.   But I wish it was programmable, as I would like the directions on the WASD keys.   I'll just have to play reverse seth killian style.

#12 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Nice to see, but this is incredibly lame. the AI sucks.

Man, I feeling like a bout of arcade perfect Street Fighter 2 X on my Dreamcast now.

#13 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
Street Fighter Online is so superior :-)

As for gamepads, just make your button presses translate to key presses with whatever software like PPJoy.

Edit: Ha, I actually find it pretty easy to do the quarter circle and such motions with the arrow keys, I find it harder to coordinate my left hand's fingers for the actual punch and kick key presses xD
#14 Posted by TheGremp (2064 posts) -

Or you can just play a rom of the real thing on ZSNES...  It has online and gamepad compatibility.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.