3rd Strike Online Edition releases August 23rd for $15

#1 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Lost among the UMVC3 announcements and leaks was Capcom giving a release date for 3S:OE. August 23rd for XBLA and August 24th for PSN. The game will cost $15.

#2 Posted by NickBOTT (481 posts) -

Sweet!  I gotta brush up on my Q skills.

#3 Posted by EuanDewar (4516 posts) -

Neat.

#4 Posted by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -

nice! let's get it on, now! 

#5 Posted by theWarren (101 posts) -

Consider it purchased.

#6 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I guess August is the time I learn how to play this, even though it's probably going to be incredibly hard for somebody who's never played it at all before.

#7 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1857 posts) -

Can't wait to watch online Ryus and Kens crumble under parrying AA SRKs, mashed shit, and badly spaced fireballs. It'll be fun. 

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@SirOptimusPrime said:
Can't wait to watch online Ryus and Kens crumble under parrying AA SRKs, mashed shit, and badly spaced fireballs. It'll be fun. 
Maybe for you :( I've never played it before so I'm just going to get repeatedly destroyed
#9 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1857 posts) -
@CL60
 :)  

But, I mostly meant the people that rely on SF4's retarded leniency on its inputs that just crank the D-pad or stick and mash FP and hope for something to come out and get blown the fuck up for it. That shit don't work in SF3! 
#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18790 posts) -

Excited for this. I'm complete garbage at the game, but maybe now I can get decent at it.

#11 Posted by StarvingGamer (7582 posts) -

I will use high tier Chun and still be garbage, wahoo!

Or Hugo.

Also parrying through latency is going to SUCK.

#12 Posted by RaikohBlade (593 posts) -
@StarvingGamer: The game will use GGPO netcode, so there will theoretically be little to no lag. I haven't played 3s that much, but I plan to make it my main fighting game once OE launches. I'll use Ken as my main, but I also want to learn Makoto and Ibuki and a few others.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.