3SO releases in one week. Who here is purchasing it on day one?

#1 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

I have watched a good amount of content over the past few weeks in anticipation of 3SO. 3rd Strike really did seem to be a great Street Fighter entry. I'm really looking forward to downloading the updated game next week, and experiencing online play using the GGPO Netcode. I really hope that this Street Fighter game clicks with me.

Anyway, which of you are excited, too? Are you planning on downloading it on 360, or PS3? Maybe both? 

#2 Posted by SuperWristBands (2266 posts) -

I will buy it first day, though I wouldn't say I am excited. I like fighting games a lot (and want to justify my fightstick purchase) and at $15 I'll be sure to pick it up.

I had also forgotten when it was being released, so thanks for the reminder :)

SuperWristBands on PSN if you want to beat down a newbie when it is out.

#3 Posted by Rolyatkcinmai (2695 posts) -

Nah

#4 Posted by shotgunsullivan (29 posts) -

I will definitely be getting it day one. I did the PSplay preorder that came with the theme and it was only 12 bucks! (with playstation plus)

I played 3rd Strike for the first time at an arcade near me about a month ago and I really enjoyed it. As someone who has played quite a bit of SF4 I was genuinely happy with how it felt, and with the character and parry trials, I'm eager to get deeper into the game.

#5 Posted by Jeffsekai (7034 posts) -

ME. GET HYPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

I will, just got to free up some HDD space. CAN'T WAIT!

#7 Posted by Devoid (429 posts) -

Definitely. Might go take advantage of that PSplay thingo.

The additions looks great, and my main goal is to get better then one of my friends who's been the best at fighting games for >5years running. He doesn't keep up with DL games, and almost lost his shit when I told him this was coming out.

#8 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

I'm mainly buying it to support the usage of GGPO in actual games. Don't know how much I'll be playing it, not a huge fan of Rock-Paper-Scissors (with meter), but I might troll it up with Sean.

#9 Edited by Simulacrum (462 posts) -

I should Hopefully be able to.

#10 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

How does GGPO hold up when playing against users located in other parts of the world?

#11 Posted by StarvingGamer (8288 posts) -

I bought it day -14 or whatever when they put it up for preorder on PSN. I'll be having a blast getting destroyed as Hugo online.

#12 Posted by Buttenator (189 posts) -

I'll buy it day 1 on both platforms and then spend that day crushing people whose first experience with fighting games was SF4.

#13 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Depends on what will happen tomorrow (if ya get what I mean). I will get it day one and troll with SA2 Yun, Mester style.

I hope GGPO works well in this because on the PC, it was heavily plagued due to limited emulation as well as weird data transferring that was only apparent in 3S and fellow CPS-3 game Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

#14 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

SURE AS HELL BEATS AE

#15 Posted by TechHits (1380 posts) -

Already Pre ordered

#16 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I'll buy it if the multiplayer matches you up with people the same skill as you.

#17 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

ALREADY PRE ORDERED!

#18 Posted by VicRattlehead (1398 posts) -

god yes

#19 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@VicRattlehead said:

god yes

#20 Posted by MrMazz (990 posts) -

Already preordered on the PS3

#21 Posted by ESREVER (2695 posts) -

Pre-ordered on PS3

#22 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Dammit! They took the stupid pre-order option away. I didn't see anything about this on the store. Bah, I don't understand why everyone's making it so hard to buy video games. 

Pre-order bonuses are the worst.

#23 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@iDarktread said:
Dammit! They took the stupid pre-order option away. I didn't see anything about this on the store. Bah, I don't understand why everyone's making it so hard to buy video games.  Pre-order bonuses are the worst.
Yup.
#24 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I am getting it day one on the 360, I have never played 3S before so I will be looking for similarly skilled players (not very skilled at all) to play with.

#25 Edited by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Never you mind.

#26 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -

I am even though I'm complete garbage at the game.

#27 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2011 posts) -

Of course. I'm in the eternal search of a fighting game I can really, really get into and I do like 3S but I never really played it often (an emu'd version is not super duper fun). 

#28 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@iDarktread said:
@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

Dammit! They took the stupid pre-order option away. I didn't see anything about this on the store. Bah, I don't understand why everyone's making it so hard to buy video games.  Pre-order bonuses are the worst.

Yup.
Uugghh... it even says on the PlayStation blog that the promotion was supposed to be "through September 19th." 

Source
What is sony doing. Well lets at least hope they learned shit from this and the psp for the future of the summer psn stuff and the vita.
#29 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2418 posts) -

I would if I wasn't still unreasonably angry at Capcom.

#30 Posted by TechHits (1380 posts) -
@Turtlebird95 said:
I would if I wasn't still unreasonably angry at Capcom.
you're mad at Capcom, why?
#31 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -
@Sasran: Sure, I get beat up by my pro friend most of the time

Preordered it, and cannot wait!
#32 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -
@iDarktread said:
@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

Yup.
Uugghh... it even says on the PlayStation blog that the promotion was supposed to be "through September 19th." 

Source
You just posted the answer, the Preorder runs only until Aug. 18;(according to your Source)
#33 Posted by TechHits (1380 posts) -
@iDarktread said:
@scarace360 said: 

Source
The game comes out Aug 23rd, it would be kinda weird to try and  preorder it on Sept 19th :P 

the Sept 19th date is how long the "Playstation play" offer is running. 
#34 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@jkuc316 said:
@iDarktread said:
@scarace360 said:

@iDarktread said:

Yup.

Source
You just posted the answer, the Preorder runs only until Aug. 18;(according to your Source)
@TechHits: Hm. Forgot which month we're in. 

Anyway, yeah, after checking, the cutoff for pre-ordering the game was 11:59 PM, yesterday. What frustrates me is that I never saw that information on the actual PlayStation Store, and when I logged in to buy it today, the pre-order was no longer available for purchase. 

Oh well.
#35 Posted by BagManForHire (382 posts) -

oh yea getting it on both!!!

#36 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -
@BagManForHire said:

I missed the damn PS3 theme, but hey, I'm going to buy it on both, too! :D 

Is someone going to create ID lists on Giant Bomb for 3SOE?
#37 Posted by rmanthorp (3968 posts) -

Yep.

#38 Posted by Solh0und (1783 posts) -
@iDarktread said:
@BagManForHire said:

I missed the damn PS3 theme, but hey, I'm going to buy it on both, too! :D  Is someone going to create ID lists on Giant Bomb for 3SOE?
I missed the 20% off discount. I know how you feel :( 

Anyway, got this preordered already.
#39 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

2 DAYS WHOS READY TO GET BLOWN UP!

#40 Edited by countinhallways (632 posts) -

I am going to buy it, go online, get destroyed, and promptly lose all skill in AE as a result of playing too much 3S. Good times.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.