Farewell to the Past - The Giant Bomb 3rd Strike GGPO Tournament

• 61 results
#51 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

All right it's over! Here are top 3 (will try to calculate the rest later)

1. ThePhantomnaut (P.N.01)
  2. Mechwing (Exitar)
  3. Jaycee13 (WorstQ)

Even with some connection issues, using Supercade as an alternative, and some missing players, I am happy it went out well. GOOD STUFF EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED. Sorry to those who couldn't make it but GOOD NEWS!!!!!

I will plan a 3rd Strike Online Edition community tournament for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 scheduled for either release weekend or the weekend after!!!! STAY TUNED!!!!

#52 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

atelast i resetted the bracket X)

#53 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said:

2. Mechwing (Exitar)
  3. Jaycee13 (WorstQ)

Even with some connection issues, using Supercade as an alternative, and some missing players, I am happy it went out well. GOOD STUFF EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED. Sorry to those who couldn't make it but GOOD NEWS!!!!!

I will plan a 3rd Strike Online Edition community tournament for both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 scheduled for either release weekend or the weekend after!!!! STAY TUNED!!!!

who did the top 3 players use? 
#54 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

@TechHits said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

2. Mechwing (Exitar)
  3. Jaycee13 (WorstQ)

who did the top 3 players use?

I believe I used Ken, Akuma, and Yang in no order during finals. Mechwing was Hugo. Jaycee13 was Q.

#55 Posted by TechHits (1391 posts) -

Was any off it recorded?

#56 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

@TechHits said:

Was any off it recorded?

Most of the matches were on GGPO and the replay save data in the emulator is somewhat unreliable. FRAPS makes it worse. Some matches were played on Supercade due to some connections.

Just name player from the list and you may find a replay. (http://damdai.com/Supercade/Replays.aspx) Its search is not reliable either since it doesn't have a player specific link.

#57 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Great slept throught the whole tourny.

#58 Posted by yates (384 posts) -

You let Jamie get 3rd? What the fuck?

#59 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -
@yates said:

The top 3 was so hype too, really close matches. 
I thought you would be proud. In my mind you are the loving mother who showers me with praise and Steve is the disproving father that is never impressed with anything I do.
#60 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Lol im sad i missed it now :(

#61 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -
@jaycee13 said:
@yates said:

The top 3 was so hype too, really close matches.  I thought you would be proud. In my mind you are the loving mother who showers me with praise and Steve is the disproving father that is never impressed with anything I do.
Rofl

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.