Gill and Dipswitches - DLC on the Xbox 360?

#1 Edited by Immuniity (241 posts) -

Hey guys, i've only half been following this game but i was a bit shocked today to find that the Xbox 360 version users had to pay for access to the advertised dipswitches and to a less important extent, Gill.

Is this the same case as in the PS3 version? I watched a few videos and i guess i missed over the fact that there would be DLC for one of their more interesting features. I'm a bit bummed, lucky its cheap.

Heres a link as a source:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-AU/Product/Street-Fighter-III-Online-Edition/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410b16

UPDATE: From EventsHub - Capcom announced some DLC details today, stating that eager players can immediately unlock Gill, the end boss, or dip switch functionality for 99 cents or 80 Microsoft Points each as an alternate to beating arcade mode with all characters.

So i guess its not really a big deal at all!

#2 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

No you got em free with ps3.

#3 Posted by Immuniity (241 posts) -

@scarace360:Please read my entire post.

#4 Posted by TechHits (1365 posts) -

yah you nailed it, only lazy people need to pay ;P

#5 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

What the fuck is a dipswitch?
#6 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
Are you kidding me
#7 Posted by TheUnsavedHero (1255 posts) -

Beat it with everyone on Dreamcast, gonna do the same here as well.

#8 Posted by TechHits (1365 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
are you being for real?
#9 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
@GetEveryone said:
Are you kidding me

@TechHits said:
@GetEveryone said:
are you being for real?

I must be mega stupid. Literally no idea what it is...
#10 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

Is it a bit like V-ism from Alpha?
#11 Posted by TechHits (1365 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
@scarace360 said:
@GetEveryone said:
Are you kidding me

@TechHits said:
@GetEveryone said:
are you being for real?

I must be mega stupid. Literally no idea what it is...
well I guess it's not common knowledge lol.  

In an arcade game dipswitches are used to tweak games, for example change the way you throw from lp+lk to forward HP. SF3 3rd strike has dozens if not hundreds of switches. 
#12 Posted by lilbigsupermario (840 posts) -
@GetEveryone: I just learned this myself recently, didn't know what a dipswitch was until I kept reading about SF3:OE news lol! 

Dipswitch is basically options for you to change how the game is played, not in graphics though but more on mechanics.  SF3:OE has these dipswitches so you can actually tweak and make changes to the mechanics of the game like turning parrying on or off or changing the timings, etc. which can make SF3 feel like a whole new different game lol! 

I haven't fully explored this yet since I got SF3:OE last night, and I'm not sure if the dipswitches can be applied online as well, I think it can.
#13 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

@GetEveryone said:

Is it a bit like V-ism from Alpha?

trollolololol

#14 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -

Fuck Gill and System Direction.

#15 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

I preordered and got Gill with dipswitches for free. 

#16 Edited by rmanthorp (3852 posts) -

You CAN unlock Gill by beating arcade with everyone I don't know if you can unlock DipSwitches :<

Any ideas? @ThePhantomnaut: @TechHits: @scarace360:

Also V-ism comment made me lol so hard! @GetEveryone:

EDIT: Nevermind I have them... Must just be playing through the game once :O

#17 Posted by rmanthorp (3852 posts) -

@ThePhantomnaut: @TechHits: @scarace360: Follow up guys. I unlocked DipSwitches but only the first 3 pages are working the last 3 with like all super arts are cool shit is greyed out, any way to get those last few pages without paying?

#18 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6151 posts) -
@Rufi91 said:

@ThePhantomnaut: @TechHits: @scarace360: Follow up guys. I unlocked DipSwitches but only the first 3 pages are working the last 3 with like all super arts are cool shit is greyed out, any way to get those last few pages without paying?

Beating the game with the whole cast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.