Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 12, 1999

The third and final iteration of Street Fighter III, including a wealth of gameplay and design revisions while introducing several new combatants.

I can't shoryuken.

Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Winger

Is there something different about doing it in this game?

I can do it in SF2 and SF4 without ease, I just can't even pull it off in this one, even in the training mode.

Is the timing ridiculous?

Edit: I play stick, I use a TE.

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Rhaknar

stop using Remy

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Doctorchimp

Maybe you're hitting downback when you come back from forward?

Or you don't hit the punch button at the corner and hit it when it comes to other side and throw out a fireball? Either way you can just hit down forward twice in SF4 and have a SRK come out so that's not a good gauge.

The only advice is make sure you're doing it deliberately and not in a rush. I think a lot of people are in a rush when they play because they're afraid it won't come out and they're just sabotaging themselves.

Get it down and do it ten times in a row on both sides and you'll get the hang of it.

MaverickShin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MaverickShin

To answer your question, I've never noticed anything majorly different. I've played Alpha 3 competitively and logged in quite a few hours of Super Turbo and Third Strike and never noticed a difference between them with dragon punches.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

You are most likely doing it wrong. In SSFIV you can just fiddle around and get it to work, while 3 requires the actual motion. Just do it really slowly and check how you handle the stick, it should not be hadouken/reverse.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Welcome to the world of Street Fighter III. There are no SFIV shortcuts. Also I found it hella easier to shoryu in 3s just because I do the actual motion all the time. I found the timings very similar.

M_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By M_33
    @ThePhantomnaut said:

Welcome to the world of Street Fighter III. There are no SFIV shortcuts. Also I found it hella easier to shoryu in 3s just because I do the actual motion all the time. I found the timings very similar.

The best part is now there's no doing shoryukens when all you wanted to do was throw a fireball. I hate hate shortcuts.
    Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Winger

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Ha. Thanks.

Not sure if you referenced the menu music on purpose.

Alright i'll...actually spend time to learn another fighting game. But does that mean street fighter 2 had shortcuts as well?

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By ricetopher

Actually there is an SRK shortcut in 3S. D, DF, D, DF. But its not nearly as interruptive or useful as SF4's DF DF bullshit.

But yeah, time to learn the actual input.

Avatar image for gladiator_games
    Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Wait for it.. WAAAAIITT FOR IT shor-u-ken! you're just not trying hard enough!

Thank you! Thank you! I'm here all week!

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

@M_33 said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

The best part is now there's no doing shoryukens when all you wanted to do was throw a fireball. I hate hate shortcuts.

Yep. QFT

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ichthy

Try doing foward followed by qcf and see if that works for you.

On a side-note, what's the timing for getting reversals out? I cannot for the life of me do wake-up dps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.