If there was a Scrub League (WMSL) who'd you put your money on?

#1 Posted by MannyMAR (434 posts) -

Saw Internet Steve talking about training in 3rd Strike on twitter and got me thinking about the duders doing a Scrub League for this game. Now I don't know if this game will ever get the scrub league treatment, but I know if there ever was one I know Jeff will most likely be top dawg. The only other who might give Jeff a run for his money may be Alexis or possibly Brad.

What are your guys thoughts on the matter? Think Jeff will be Office Champ or who else in the Whiskey Stable may have potential Daigo-like skills?

#2 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

Ben because he has experience in grappler characters and characters like Hugo and to an extent Alex can work for him.

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -

Brad

#4 Posted by LiquidPrince (15918 posts) -

For Third Strike? Jeff or Brad. Probably Jeff.

#5 Posted by EuanDewar (4899 posts) -

I don't want to watch the WM office struggle with a technical fighter.

#6 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

They are all freeeeeeeeee.

#7 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

I would go with Coonce because I think he was the most into SFIV, and played it the longest. I know that III is a different kind of game, but I'm guessing he would still do better than most. Don't know though.

#8 Edited by EuanDewar (4899 posts) -

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@EuanDewar said:

I dunt geddit.

#9 Posted by Vexxan (4620 posts) -

Jeff shall master all fighting games.

#10 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -

Vinny "I want to buy a racing wheel" Caravella

#11 Posted by Redbullet685 (6036 posts) -

Jeff or Brad.

#12 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@EuanDewar said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@EuanDewar said:

I dunt geddit.

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Ben because he has experience in grappler characters and characters like Hugo and to an extent Alex can work for him.

Eff Hugo and Alex.

I play Yang now.

Come at me bro.

#13 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

@EuanDewar said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@EuanDewar said:

I dunt geddit.

@ThePhantomnaut said:

Eff Hugo and Alex.

I play Yang now.

Come at me bro.

Gain meter, low forward, EX Slash. SUCCESS! But SA3 is good to hella harass.

#14 Posted by TechHits (1377 posts) -

I would be so happy if they did a sf3 scrub league. I love the idea so fun to watch.  

and if he played Jeff would win, hands down.  

#15 Edited by Mahonay (828 posts) -

Assuming Jeff would not be eligible for the tournament, I'd say Alexis judging on his Mortal Kombat scrub league performance. He seems to know what the hell he's doing when it comes to fighting games.

#16 Posted by MrMazz (954 posts) -

If Jeff is in the tourny him if not Intern Ben because he looks like Hugo and thus must be good at that character.

#17 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@MrMazz said:

If Jeff is in the tourny him if not Intern Ben because he looks like Hugo and thus must be good at that character.

He plays Yang.

#18 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7079 posts) -

Ben because he's good at movie trivia so...he could also possibly be good at fighting games too? I mean, movie trivia couldn't possibly be his only skill, could it?

#19 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@MrMazz said:

He plays Yang.

OR DOES HE!?

#20 Posted by MrMazz (954 posts) -

@GlenTennis: by your admission you play yang,,,,unless this is all crazy mind games to screw with odds prior to SCRUB LEAGUE !!! idk

#21 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@MrMazz said:

He plays Yang.

OR DOES HE!?

Hmm... Just play Ken.

#22 Posted by Flappy (2206 posts) -

Alex Navarro will return to the Whiskey Media offices and show off his Makoto skills.  Yup!  It -totally- makes sense.

#23 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -

Jeff.

#24 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

Jeff seems to be the king of Street Fighter in the Whiskey Media office.

#25 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

@SpikeSpiegel said:

Jeff seems to be the king of Street Fighter in the Whiskey Media office.

He might not be comfortable with SF3's feel as opposed to the more wide SF2 mechanics. But I dunno, he is playing it now.

#26 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5231 posts) -

i don't see why people keep saying that a 3rd Strike Scrub League would suck because 3rd Strike is to technical.  I don't play fighting games and when I tried 3rd Strike I won against people who exclusively play fighting games and have played this game before.

If anything I'm a scrub and I was able to do alright.  Why would it be any harder for the WM guys?

#27 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

Jeff.

Coonce for the upset, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.