Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 12, 1999

The third and final iteration of Street Fighter III, including a wealth of gameplay and design revisions while introducing several new combatants.

Love hate relationship with Street Fighter

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sagesebas

I have played HD Remix I suck at it online is no fun, and you can only play the single player so much before it becomes mind numbing, I did enjoy Street Fighter 4 quite a lot. The thing is I really want to like Street Fighter I really like Mortal Kombat and fighting games are really appealing to me. Is it worth my time picking up Third Strike, is it easier to get into then third strike, are the people any less savage. I mean I have had HD Remix for like a year and never won a game online.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

3rd Strike is known for having unorthodox mechanics such as parrying and super cancel emphasis and having less focus on an A + B = C matchup approach. Fans who really like the traditional approach in such games like Super Turbo (HD Remix too), Alpha, and IV might feel a bit uncomfortable with how SFIII feels. It might seem very hard at first but after experience in understanding the ins and outs, it gets easier and more fun. I recommend watching tutorial and match videos of how situations in 3S are (I will help you get off your feet)

I am a bit perplexed that you haven't won an HD Remix match. I think either you are mashing and being uncontrollable or are being outplayed to a pulp by serious ST or HDR players.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.