Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 12, 1999

The third and final iteration of Street Fighter III, including a wealth of gameplay and design revisions while introducing several new combatants.

Street Fighter 3 OE DLC announced and....

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By TechHits

Street Fighter 3 OE DLC announced and I donno If it's really worth it. Link for source ----> Capcom Unity  

Hi guys,

We’ve been getting a lot of questions from fans about what DLC we’re going to be offering for SF3.  Today, I’m happy to be able answer those questions!

First off, “Color Pack 1” will be launching next week, on September 6/7.  The price for this is $2.99, and buying this one pack will add 7 new colors for  each character!  The colors are available in pretty much all modes, but can’t be seen by people who haven’t purchased the DLC.  (Also, we weren’t able to save the color palettes in replay files, so please be aware of that.)

In addition to “Color Pack 1” (and future color packs), we’re proud to announce several other DLC offerings today, which should be showing up in the next month or so.

The first of those announcements is:  a set of Music Packs(!), which add new songs.  Specifically, they add…all the character themes from the first two Street Fighter IIIgames, “New Generation” and “Second Impact”!  But wait, there’s more.  In addition to the Unlock Keys, Color Packs, and Music Packs, we’re also going to be offering Match Packs.

As some of you may know, we held a semi-secret tournament at the CAPCOM offices earlier this year, and called it Fight For the Future, 2011.  We invited 16 high level SF3 players from all around the world to participate, including 4 from Japan.  With these Match Packs, we are now going to bring that tournament straight to you, in the comfort of your living room.  Each pack comes stocked with over an hour worth of content, and every single match is accompanied by professional commentary, recorded by the one and only:  James Chen!  Finally, there will be two of these Match Packs.  One will cover the entire Tournament Top 8, while the other is a “best bouts” pack stocked with all the hypest matches from the event.  Look forward to it later this year!

Cheers,

Derek

The music is cool, but It depends on how much it costs. What do you guys think?
    musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By musclerider

Fuck.

I own ALL of the SF4 costumes but colors? no thanks.

Music I don't pay attention to that much anyway.

And those videos will probably be on Youtube a day later.

Beer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Beer

Fuck the "Color Pack." I'd actually love to have the music from previous SF3 versions as there are some great tracks in there, and I would definitely watch that tournament, but I don't want to pay for it and I don't think that I should have to.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mnzy

James Chen talked alot about how SFIII is not a real Street Fighter game a few days ago and now he's IN THE F'N GAME!
    (He did not say it is bad, just very different)

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By VicRattlehead

dunno if id pay to watch a tournament... can watch many a 3rd strike tournament on youtube for free and yeh i aint paying for colours i have dudleys red white and blue colour thats all i need

Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Skogen

We all knew Capcom would do this.

I hope Capcom DLCs 3SOE into a SF2:Anniversary type game. Give me New Generation and Second Impact stages along with their respective character iterations. That's the best way to breathe new life into SF3 without alienating everyone in the process.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TechHits
    @VicRattlehead said:

dunno if id pay to watch a tournament... can watch many a 3rd strike tournament on youtube for free and yeh i aint paying for colours i have dudleys red white and blue colour thats all i need

The funny thing is It's hard finding entire 3s tournaments that are watchable. It's ether shaky cam footage of a CTR or.... Shaky cam footage of a CTR 

Edit: that being said I still don't think I will be picking this up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.