Street Fighter 3:Third Strike training sessions [GGPO]

  • 112 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#1 Edited by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

So with the launch of SFO here in less than a month I think it's time to start leveling up with 3s. Basically since the game has been out for so long and most people playing it are going to be fairly good (just like the MvC2 arcade launch) I think it would be cool to get better equipped for when SFO launches.

My idea is basically to have who ever is playing at any given time on GGPO to be on some kind of voice program (like Skype, teamspeak, or vent). I think this would make it easier to get into the game at a highish level (or an attempt at high level) because when you say "how do I deal with X" then hopefully someone in the chat would know.

So yea that's my basic idea for this, if you have anything to add or if you would be interested in something like this just post here and let's see how many people we can get on board with this.

Gaintbomb NameGGPO Name
scarace360scarace360
GlenTennisGlenTennis
JeffsekaiJeffsekai
fang273JGG
MechwingExitar
MatthewTheBeastAguiaTheInept
jaycee13WorstQ
#2 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

Is GGPO illegal? I can't remember.

#3 Posted by Wikitoups (848 posts) -

from the GGPO Website:

"In order to play any of the supported games on GGPO, you will need to legally obtain the ROMs for the game you wish to play and put them in the "ROMs" folder in your install directory. You may need to run ggpofba.exe to create the ROMs folder if it's not there after you've installed."

#4 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6201 posts) -

There is a problem though. GGPO creator Tony Cannon said that when OE comes, the GGPO client will have the game gone from the list. Since the game is coming out late August, there is the possibility it can get removed earlier due to things such as press getting it a week early and such. Who knows? Maybe it will get removed next week or realistically on the opening week or days. 
 
As part of the illegal thang, talking about the obvious parts explicitly here is obvious.
 
If the removal doesn't happen suddenly, I am down to play. Oh yeah I am in the process of creating a tournament before this thread got formed.

#5 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

im down.

#6 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

im down.

Sick. What's your handle?

#7 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

@scarace360 said:

im down.

Sick. What's your handle?

scarace360.
#8 Posted by fang273 (194 posts) -

Anyone up for practicing right now?

#9 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@fang273 said:

Anyone up for practicing right now?

I would if I wasnt so tired, maybe in a few.

#10 Edited by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I'm on. GlenTennis. I've played maybe 3 games of 3rd strike in my life, so...

#11 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

I'm on. GlenTennis. I've played maybe 3 games of 3rd strike in my life, so...

If you have solid mechanics from SSF4 third strike should not be that bad. Just pick someone where you know their command list.

I'll try to jump on in a few mins.

#12 Edited by fang273 (194 posts) -

I'm JGG, gonna challenge you.

Edit: It doesn't want to connect, can give it another try or two but ggpo is iffy like that.

#13 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I dunno if I have my ports set up right. I get stuck in the "getting server info" screen every time

#14 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

Make sure you set up the ports right, I could not connect right but then i got it working. It tells you how to do it on the ggpo download site, and points you toward a site that show you how to setup a bunch of different routers. The main thing for me was getting the ip address for my pc right.

#15 Edited by fang273 (194 posts) -

Weird, it's saying connected but isn't going through to the game.

#16 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@fang273 said:

Weird, it's saying connected but isn't going through to the game.

yup. You're ports are wrong. check everything, show me a screen shot of what you have maybe I can help. block out your ip address lol

#17 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

Make sure you set up the ports right, I could not connect right but then i got it working. It tells you how to do it on the ggpo download site, and points you toward a site that show you how to setup a bunch of different routers. The main thing for me was getting the ip address for my pc right.

So I got to this part http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/2701HG-Bindex.htm and I don't see an option for 3rd strike.

#18 Posted by fang273 (194 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Make sure you set up the ports right, I could not connect right but then i got it working. It tells you how to do it on the ggpo download site, and points you toward a site that show you how to setup a bunch of different routers. The main thing for me was getting the ip address for my pc right.

So I got to this part http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/2701HG-Bindex.htm and I don't see an option for 3rd strike.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/GGPO.htm

There ya go, should've been looking for GGPO.

#19 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@fang273 said:

@GlenTennis said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Make sure you set up the ports right, I could not connect right but then i got it working. It tells you how to do it on the ggpo download site, and points you toward a site that show you how to setup a bunch of different routers. The main thing for me was getting the ip address for my pc right.

So I got to this part http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/2701HG-Bindex.htm and I don't see an option for 3rd strike.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/GGPO.htm

There ya go, should've been looking for GGPO.

I didn't use the thing that said GGPO anyways, any game/application will do. Just important you type it in the same syntax that your router is expecting for port ranges. Plug in the right ports in the right place with the right syntax and it should work, again jsut make sure you point to the right ip.

#20 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Am I missing anything?

@Jeffsekai said:

@fang273 said:

@GlenTennis said:

@Jeffsekai said:

Make sure you set up the ports right, I could not connect right but then i got it working. It tells you how to do it on the ggpo download site, and points you toward a site that show you how to setup a bunch of different routers. The main thing for me was getting the ip address for my pc right.

So I got to this part http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/2701HG-Bindex.htm and I don't see an option for 3rd strike.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/2wire/2701HG-B/GGPO.htm

There ya go, should've been looking for GGPO.

I didn't use the thing that said GGPO anyways, any game/application will do. Just important you type it in the same syntax that your router is expecting for port ranges. Plug in the right ports in the right place with the right syntax and it should work, again jsut make sure you point to the right ip.

#21 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@GlenTennis: That looks about right. lemme log on and we can try.

#22 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@GlenTennis: That looks about right. lemme log on and we can try.

Looks like there is still an issue with your ports. At any point during your router config do you direct these rules to a certain ip address or anything?

#23 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@GlenTennis: That looks about right. lemme log on and we can try.

Looks like there is still an issue with your ports. At any point during your router config do you direct these rules to a certain ip address or anything?

No, I only signed in with my ip. I didn't see a spot for that

#24 Posted by fang273 (194 posts) -

Good luck working it out, my brother wants me to play some LoL. Should be up for some more practice later tonight or tomorrow if you get it working.

#25 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@fang273 said:

Good luck working it out, my brother wants me to play some LoL. Should be up for some more practice later tonight or tomorrow if you get it working.

Now LoL is something I can handle. This has too many numbers. I HATE NUMBERS!

#26 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

i am down for some 3rd strike now. or.. u know. LoL. XD 

#27 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@GlenTennis said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@GlenTennis: That looks about right. lemme log on and we can try.

Looks like there is still an issue with your ports. At any point during your router config do you direct these rules to a certain ip address or anything?

No, I only signed in with my ip. I didn't see a spot for that

hmmmmm. Not sure, go over the steps in the guide again make sure all the settings are the same and you dont have anything extra on. Just keep a note of what you change incase something fucks up lol

#28 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@Mechwing: @GlenTennis: Well if 3s keeps being gay I will play some LoL too haha whats your names on there

#29 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@Jeffsekai said:

@Mechwing: @GlenTennis: Well if 3s keeps being gay I will play some LoL too haha whats your names on there

Bananaman89. My brain switcehd to LoL mode and I thought you meant Twisted Treeline when you said 3s

#30 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

on 3s i'm Exitar on LoL i'm Kisho. My 3s works i think we can try a game if you want

#31 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@Mechwing said:

on 3s i'm Exitar on LoL i'm Kisho. My 3s works i think we can try a game if you want

I dont see you in the 3s lobby

#32 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

@Mechwing said:

on 3s i'm Exitar on LoL i'm Kisho. My 3s works i think we can try a game if you want

I dont see you in the 3s lobby

thats cuz i'm trying to connect my controller first. :D
#33 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Having problems with my stick. Its being recognized on my pc.

#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@scarace360 said:

Having problems with my stick. Its being recognized on my pc.

is or isnt lol

#35 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:

@scarace360 said:

Having problems with my stick. Its being recognized on my pc.

is or isnt lol

it isnt. Was working fine last night when i was playing all night woke up this morning to play more 3s and it didnt work.
#36 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

what program are you using to connect it. also we should all like join a chat or something, skype or giantbomb/chat. XD 

#37 Edited by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -

So glad I don't have to go through this shit just to get one game to work on GGPO. About 2 more weeks till 3SO.

#38 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@Mechwing said:
what program are you using to connect it. also we should all like join a chat or something, skype or giantbomb/chat. XD 
i was just plugging in my stick and using control panel. It would always show if it was working or not but its not working now.
#39 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

its not hard at all JJOR! u just bad! O: 

#40 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:

So glad I don't have to go through this shit just to get one game to work on GGPO. About 2 more weeks till 3SO.

Your just bad at getting things working!
#41 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
@Mechwing said:
what program are you using to connect it. also we should all like join a chat or something, skype or giantbomb/chat. XD 
i was just plugging in my stick and using control panel. It would always show if it was working or not but its not working now.
oh. than i don't know cuz i use my ps3 controller to play. haha 
#42 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@Mechwing said:
@scarace360 said:
@Mechwing said:
what program are you using to connect it. also we should all like join a chat or something, skype or giantbomb/chat. XD 
i was just plugging in my stick and using control panel. It would always show if it was working or not but its not working now.
oh. than i don't know cuz i use my ps3 controller to play. haha 
What do you use to get yours working?
#43 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -
@scarace360 said:
@Mechwing said:
@scarace360 said:
@Mechwing said:
what program are you using to connect it. also we should all like join a chat or something, skype or giantbomb/chat. XD 
i was just plugging in my stick and using control panel. It would always show if it was working or not but its not working now.
oh. than i don't know cuz i use my ps3 controller to play. haha 
What do you use to get yours working?
Motion Joy 
#44 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@Mechwing said:
@scarace360 said:
@Mechwing said:
@scarace360 said:
@Mechwing said:
what program are you using to connect it. also we should all like join a chat or something, skype or giantbomb/chat. XD 
i was just plugging in my stick and using control panel. It would always show if it was working or not but its not working now.
oh. than i don't know cuz i use my ps3 controller to play. haha 
What do you use to get yours working?
Motion Joy 
Great.
#45 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

ok got it to work had to plug it into usb 3.0

#46 Posted by Jeffsekai (7042 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

So glad I don't have to go through this shit just to get one game to work on GGPO. About 2 more weeks till 3SO.

right?

#47 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

Alright I got it working if anyone else is down to be crushed by my Hugo (ask Jeffsekai)

#48 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -
@GlenTennis said:

Alright I got it working if anyone else is down to be crushed by my Hugo (ask Jeffsekai)

ok im in.
#49 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

@scarace360: I accepted wrng person

#50 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

@Glentennis i tried to fight u but couldn't connect! lol 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.