Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition coming this summer!

#1 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

After of almost a year of simple teasers from Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono, a major reveal Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Online Edition has been available with news some fans might go orgasmic for.

Co-developed by Iron Galaxy Studios, 3rd Strike Online Edition is an HD reoptimization of the arcade version that came out in the late 1990s. Online Edition is considered "arcade perfect" to the game's original build as opposed to the later reissues and console versions (on Dreamcast and PlayStation 2).

Players who currently practice and challenge others on the almost lag-free PC program GGPO can rejoice as Online Edition will make full use of the netcode for the best fights every time.

Other features includes multiple graphics updates including an HD filter, widescreen support, and scanlines (for those who want the arcade look). Screenshots also show off a points system that isn't detailed at this time except for being powered by an in-game achievement system. Another aspect is sharing matches through YouTube.

This game is set for summer this year priced at $15 USD (1200 Microsoft Points)! Make sure to tune in to Giant Bomb tomorrow noon PST for a full story by Jeff Gerstmann. GET HYPE!

Source: Gamersyde

#2 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

I just heard about this on Wednesday Night Fights. I've never played Third Strike before, though I'll definitely download it when it comes out.

#3 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

Not a fan of 3rd Strike but getting GGPO is fucking huge for the future of fighting games.

#4 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Cant wait to body people online playing necro and makoto!

#5 Posted by Zanetsu (131 posts) -

I did not expect a summer release at all. Holy shit this is awesome.

#6 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Cool game, but $15 seems a bit steep for this.

#7 Posted by JJOR64 (18954 posts) -
@LunarAura said:

Cool game, but $15 seems a bit steep for this.

Everything is $15 nowadays.  Plus 3rdStrike is a good game.  Totally worth the money.
#8 Posted by Jadeskye (4367 posts) -

I've never played third strike. I think i'll invest just to see how we got to 4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.