Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Franchise »

Street Fighter IV, set between Street Fighter II and Street Fighter III, has been released multiple times with added content and gameplay tweaks, much like its predecessors. It also has its own share of spin-offs, including mobile games and a pachi-slot title.

Street Fighter V will not come out for another 5 years or so

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

The recent unveiling of Ultra Street Fighter IVshould have been sign enough that, for better or worse, we'll be stuck with the game for a while yet. Those itching for a fresh new installment should look at the series' release history, according to producer Tomoaki Ayano.

"Game development is a long and arduous process," he told VG247. "If you look at the history of the series, it took six years to go from Street Fighter II to Street Fighter III, and nine years to go from Street Fighter III to Street Fighter IV. Purely based on that it would probably take us until the year 2018 before Street Fighter V comes out. So I hope everyone will play Ultra Street Fighter IV for a long time."

Well, when you put it like that. Fine. In all seriousness, I wonder if we'll see any other major fighting games from Capcom in the next few years to tide us over. You'd hope so.

Destructoid: It'll probably be five years before Street Fighter V

No Caption Provided

Well, that's gonna be strange. It can't be assumed that absolutely everyone is going to already have a current-gen console already, before the next-gen launch. In the mean time, Killer Instinct will already be out. There's still Tekken 7, a confirmed Tekken X Street Fighter coming out, and I suppose Capcom could still have budget to crank out Marvel Vs. Capcom 4 in the meantime. Which is weird because they certainly don't have the budget to do Dead Rising 3 as so it seems to be. I don't think Lab Zero Games will have much a budget for Skullgirls 2 without say another KickStarter.

But yup, the next five years without a next-gen StreetFighter V is gonna be strange, if not six years. 2018-2019.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I dunno duder, it really doesn't seem that weird to me.. If Street Fighter V came out next year that would feel *way* too soon. 2015/6 would start to feel normal. 2018 for Street Fighter V? Meh, why not..

Also, there could very easily be a next-gen Street Fighter *IV*.

With a game like SF it's not like they're using physics calculations and other fancy technology to determine when a hit is made. There's no reason to think that next-gen hardware will revolutionize the fighting system at all, and no one really wants that anyway so I'm not sure what the rush to next-gen is about.

More likely Ultra Street Fighter IV: Hyper Fighting will release on PS4/XB1 at some point; it'll run like silky butter at a perfect 60 fps, they'll add some effects, stages and characters, maybe tweak some animations, definitely do a re-balance, and *maybe* be as crazy as to adjust something small/massive like parries or add in a tag team mode for kicks.

Marvel vs. Capcom 4... now *that* is an interesting question! Really love 3. I'd be happy with a new edition of 3 with more costumes, characters and stages.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

@geraltitude: Yea alright, cool. Well Ono already said no.

A fan asked Ono on Twitter if he was secretly working on Street Fighter V for next-generation consoles, to which the designer replied, "I don't have R&D budget and staff." .. Ono also confirmed that Ultra Street Fighter IV is in development only for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. No plans are in place right now to bring the update to next-generation consoles (Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Wii U), he said.

http://www.giantbomb.com/ultra-street-fighter-iv/3030-43241/forums/ono-says-there-is-no-v-nor-next-gen-1445354/#34

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Carryboy

"Game development is a long and arduous process," he told VG247. "If you look at the history of the series, it took six years to go from Street Fighter II to Street Fighter III, and nine years to go from Street Fighter III to Street Fighter IV. Purely based on that it would probably take us until the year 2018 before Street Fighter V comes out. So I hope everyone will play Ultra Street Fighter IV for a long time."

At no point here does it say it wont come out untill 2018 it says "purely based on that" the biggest reason there was such a gap between 3 and 4 was the down swing in the fighting game genre and Capcom had no idea what to do with street fighter.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@blu3v3nom07: Said no about what? No plans for SFIV on next-gen?

lol. Yeah dude, there's also "no plans" for GTAV on next-gen either.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.