Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

"12 Rounds With Akuma" or "Everybody Loves Lists!"

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By End_Boss

Well, I was just enjoying Street Fighter IV’s ranked mode when I figured “why not keep track of my wins and losses?” So I think I’ll be adding a regular Street Fighter segment to my blogs. Without further ado, here you have it (all matches were played with Akuma):

1. The first round was against, you guessed it, Ken. This guy was bad. I mean really bad. So bad that I had to take 69 BP away from him.
    2. My second round was against the unconventional (and arguably unpopular) “El Fuerte.” My opponent was a bit of a jump addict, which Akuma does not take kindly to. I walked away 76 BP richer.
    3. In my third round I fought another Ken, this time with a mic. Though I prepared for the worst, I actually ended up liking my opponent. I lost amicably and walked away with only 7 BP less.
    4. My fourth round saw me pitted against a Ryu player. Both players took a round, but Ryu took one more than I. Lost 14 BP on that one.
    5. Next was Balrog. This character’s moves leave him so vulnerable to hadokens. Apparently we weren’t evenly matched at all, as I took 99 BP away at the end of the match.
    6. Ken again. This one was also addicted to jumping, which is what got him KO’d. Took 63 of his BPs.
    7. Ken. This one was pretty good and ended up taking 28 of my BP. It might just be my aching pride, but I felt like there was some lag here and there.
    8. Yes, another Ken. This one was reckless, repeatedly submitting himself to punishment after throwing shoryukens to the wind. In fact, he threw a Super Shoryuken that got him caught with a game-winning Raging Demon. 52 BP nom nom nom.
    9. This one hurt, as it rendered my previous fight with Ken obsolete and then some. Another Akuma player, this one superior to my own. Bugger took 62 of my BP.
    10. The tenth round saw me lose to an exceptional Abel player; an excellent fight that ended up costing me a mere 7 BP.
    11. Ah, my final Ken fight. At this point I almost pray for my opponents to pick Ken so I can slap the shit out of them. This match-up saw me slap 82 BP out of my opponent, anyway.
    12. Blanka was the last recorded fight of the night, and oh what a ringer. After watching one round slip through his fingers, my Akuma came back and won the next two, taking an impressive 109 BP from my indubitably enraged opponent.

My total BP at the end of the night was 690. As much as I would like to tell you how much it was when the night began, I didn’t record that and am too lazy to do that fancy pants math stuff to figure it out. Thanks for reading.

-End Boss.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By End_Boss

Well, I was just enjoying Street Fighter IV’s ranked mode when I figured “why not keep track of my wins and losses?” So I think I’ll be adding a regular Street Fighter segment to my blogs. Without further ado, here you have it (all matches were played with Akuma):

1. The first round was against, you guessed it, Ken. This guy was bad. I mean really bad. So bad that I had to take 69 BP away from him.
    2. My second round was against the unconventional (and arguably unpopular) “El Fuerte.” My opponent was a bit of a jump addict, which Akuma does not take kindly to. I walked away 76 BP richer.
    3. In my third round I fought another Ken, this time with a mic. Though I prepared for the worst, I actually ended up liking my opponent. I lost amicably and walked away with only 7 BP less.
    4. My fourth round saw me pitted against a Ryu player. Both players took a round, but Ryu took one more than I. Lost 14 BP on that one.
    5. Next was Balrog. This character’s moves leave him so vulnerable to hadokens. Apparently we weren’t evenly matched at all, as I took 99 BP away at the end of the match.
    6. Ken again. This one was also addicted to jumping, which is what got him KO’d. Took 63 of his BPs.
    7. Ken. This one was pretty good and ended up taking 28 of my BP. It might just be my aching pride, but I felt like there was some lag here and there.
    8. Yes, another Ken. This one was reckless, repeatedly submitting himself to punishment after throwing shoryukens to the wind. In fact, he threw a Super Shoryuken that got him caught with a game-winning Raging Demon. 52 BP nom nom nom.
    9. This one hurt, as it rendered my previous fight with Ken obsolete and then some. Another Akuma player, this one superior to my own. Bugger took 62 of my BP.
    10. The tenth round saw me lose to an exceptional Abel player; an excellent fight that ended up costing me a mere 7 BP.
    11. Ah, my final Ken fight. At this point I almost pray for my opponents to pick Ken so I can slap the shit out of them. This match-up saw me slap 82 BP out of my opponent, anyway.
    12. Blanka was the last recorded fight of the night, and oh what a ringer. After watching one round slip through his fingers, my Akuma came back and won the next two, taking an impressive 109 BP from my indubitably enraged opponent.

My total BP at the end of the night was 690. As much as I would like to tell you how much it was when the night began, I didn’t record that and am too lazy to do that fancy pants math stuff to figure it out. Thanks for reading.

-End Boss.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Were these just random fights? Because you KNOW i would fuck up your crappy Akuma with my Blanka. Also i'm really enjoying using El Fuerte at the moment, he's a lot of fun - though weak as hell....

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Xandurson

Sounds like you did pretty good. 20x better than I would do if I played the game online. That's why I don't.

Serker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Serker

like the idea of recording matches, i might start doin that now. also 690 points. Whew! I end up usually levelling out my wins and losses and not gaining or losing much at all.

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By REDRUN

sounds like a good run. wish replay saves were available now, it would be great to watch old footage from classic match ups and favorite matches.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By End_Boss

@Sweep: No. I will smack you the next time we meet. In. The face. I AM THE ROAD CAPTAIN! =P
    @Meltbrain: I sure would like to play against a good Ken. What's your gamertag? Mine's Easy Boss.
    @All Those Who Thought I Did Well: Thanks! =D

Skyr795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Skyr795

Hmm, in many situations, I am the really bad Ken, having only won twice =/.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By jakob187
    Sweep said:
    "Also i'm really enjoying using El Fuerte at the moment, he's a lot of fun - though weak as hell...."
    He may be weak as Hell, but his Ultra hurts like crazy!

End_Boss...I think we need to have a couple matches.  = D  I didn't see a Cammy ANYWHERE on your list, and I need to get in with some good Akumas.  = D
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Boss, I threw you a friend request from lansharx58.  Accept it and we'll rock a few rounds.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By kmdrkul

If you guys want to fight an El Fuerte you can add my GT: kmdrkul

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.