$19.99 New and $34.99 Used. Lolwut?

#1 Edited by GoranP (1115 posts) -
New 360 version at Best Buy.

Used $360 version at Gamestop.

Why do people still shop at EB/Gamestop?!
#2 Edited by Kombat (2205 posts) -

Because there's still the illusion that used games are cheaper.  Also, people throwing their in-store credit onto their Edge cards are slaves to buying their games at these stores.  It's where their money is.

#3 Posted by ajamafalous (11805 posts) -
#4 Edited by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

Canada. Figures! 
(not dissing Canadians)
#5 Posted by AjayRaz (12416 posts) -

this just reminded me that SSFIV was 40$ o-o  

THAT MEANS I GET JUST CAUSE 2 EARLIER YAY! :D

#6 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

Why do people shop at Gamestop because I just purchased new copies of Persona 4 and Call of Duty WAW for a total of $40 which is how much 1 of those games cost at Amazon or Best Buy.  Plus when I bought it the guy at the counter was actually able to compare the pros and cons of Persona 3 and Persona 4.

#7 Posted by LeetBalla (696 posts) -

Right now a lot of new games are cheaper than pre-owned games because gamestop is apparently having some huge sale. 

#8 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

The second-hand games market is a total travesty at the moment. You receive pittance for a game maybe a month old, which they then sell on for a massive profit. Copies of new games which are pre-owned are sold for a couple of quid less than retail, which many people would pick over the slightly more expensive new copy so that they earn more or less double for a single game. This means less stock of new games and a huge pre-owned section. Along with piracy its a pretty major problem.

Edit: I haven't proof read this and I'm tired.

#9 Posted by PosichronicNet (26 posts) -

I paid $50 for John Voight's copy

#10 Posted by StarFoxA (5137 posts) -

I get all of my games from Amazon and Goozex. I've probably spent a grand total of $50 in the last 6 months, while I've purchased dozens of new games.

#11 Posted by NickyDubz (272 posts) -
@PosichronicNet said:
" I paid $50 for John Voight's copy "
Epic Win on the seinfeld quote.....your offically my favorite user on the board
#12 Posted by JJWeatherman (14553 posts) -

You know what's really funny? Rock Revolution software + drumset is $10 brand new.

Yeah.

#13 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@JJWeatherman: What?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.