Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Abel's marseilles roll...

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

..is fucking up my game. Haha. I know Abel is supposed to be shit tier, but i play Guile, my ranged game is pretty limited, and almost everything i can throw in close range gets countered almost immediatly by repeated rolls. Just hitting the dude at all for me is a crapshoot.
    Are there actually any way to counter this move? Any reliable way to interrupt it?

Sidenote #1, isn't it messed up to remove blocking and other modes of invulnerability, then "sorta" add it back in with the FA, only to give a few characters moves that make them invulnerable. A big part of SF for me is controlling where you are vs where your opponent is, and that has been a part of the moveset design for all the characters historically. Teleporting or other such shite is straight up Mortal Kombat, and i never felt we needed that in an SF game.

Sidenote #2, i think the new characters are really, really shitty additions. Way worse than the SF3 roster of new dudes; at least they mostly came from the same planet. It blows my mind how big a difference it is playing against a "classic" character and against one of the new 4. They really feel more SNK to me than anything else.

Damonation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Damonation

As an Abel player, I shouldn't be telling you this but: You can just throw him out of it.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix

As an occasional Abel player, I can't say I exploit his roll that often and that's mainly because, although it's a decent enough evasion, he's exposed coming out of it.  To use his roll effectively, I've gotta sacrifice a lot of my offensive gameplan in favor of staying alive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.