Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

ahhhhhhh frustration!

Avatar image for nevereatnirnroot
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

i just played fifteen matches straight and lost all but one round.  

i played one guy who had infinite super and all the rest had atleast 3000 bp and then thers me with a  250bp. 

my point being i love playing this game but i just cant find an envioroment to play, online i wayy to hard and if i play the ai i miss out on about 3/4 of what makes this game great.  i'm proberly ganna get ssf4 anyway but still...whats a newbie to do?
    Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lilbigsupermario

that's normal, just practice and keep playing despite the losses. i suck playing sf4 in online too and i've thrown the controller quite a few times already, good thing it's not yet broken hehehe! but yeah, it's a challenge, and it's really cool when you're starting to be at a competitive level with the good players online. :)

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Infinite super? lmao

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Infinite super? lmao "
    Haha, what the hell?
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NevereatNirnroot
    @Jeffsekai said:
    "Infinite super? lmao "

yeah it was horible he sucked balls as well i was just stessed and couldnt deal with none stop ex fireballs his akuma was chucking at me. 
     his meter was going down and even on empty he was stil throwning them.

anyway my stats at the mo read 

315 matches played  
    22 won 

ouch
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By copycatzen
    @NevereatNirnroot said:
    "@Jeffsekai said:
    "Infinite super? lmao "
    yeah it was horible he sucked balls as well i was just stessed and couldnt deal with none stop ex fireballs his akuma was chucking at me.  his meter was going down and even on empty he was stil throwning them. anyway my stats at the mo read  315 matches played  22 won  ouch "

Akuma can throw those fireballs and they are not exfireballs
    NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NevereatNirnroot
    @copycatzen said:
    "@NevereatNirnroot said:
    "@Jeffsekai said:
    "Infinite super? lmao "
    yeah it was horible he sucked balls as well i was just stessed and couldnt deal with none stop ex fireballs his akuma was chucking at me.  his meter was going down and even on empty he was stil throwning them. anyway my stats at the mo read  315 matches played  22 won  ouch "
    Akuma can throw those fireballs and they are not exfireballs "

the three hit ones? if thats true i think i'll shuffle of quitly get a new screen name and pretend this post never existed. 

oh well thats what get for not having unlocked him yet.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Renahzor

yeah, Akuma can throw red 3 hit fireballs with a different input, his EX fireballs are yellow/blue I think and hit 2 times, not 3. 

Edit: also, the game just takes looooots of practice.  Learn from your losses, and hopefully they'll make you better!

NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NevereatNirnroot
    @Renahzor said:

"yeah, Akuma can throw red 3 hit fireballs with a different input, his EX fireballs are yellow/blue I think and hit 2 times, not 3.    Edit: also, the game just takes looooots of practice.  Learn from your losses, and hopefully they'll make you better! "

oh well i know now i suppose, i just really threw me of my game cos i played an akuma yestreday and he didnt throw one of those things he just did those diaganal firebalss and floated around every where and got his as thrown down to the floor ( yeah i actually won a match). 

anyway i seem to be having more sucsess with champ mode, since i started i'm already at g3-b and usually manage to get through to the finals or semis at least. is ranked generally poplulated by people who are actually good or is it i'm just having a bad day. 

if any one in the uk is struggling id love to play some player matches with some peeps because two rounds is just enought to get my arse handed and not enough to figure out my opponents game. 

my gamertag  is djangosix
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper
    @NevereatNirnroot: I'm in the UK and about to start playing in a second. I'm about to pick up cammy and try some tricks with her so see you on there.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Renahzor
    @NevereatNirnroot said:
    " @Renahzor said:

"yeah, Akuma can throw red 3 hit fireballs with a different input, his EX fireballs are yellow/blue I think and hit 2 times, not 3.    Edit: also, the game just takes looooots of practice.  Learn from your losses, and hopefully they'll make you better! "

oh well i know now i suppose, i just really threw me of my game cos i played an akuma yestreday and he didnt throw one of those things he just did those diaganal firebalss and floated around every where and got his as thrown down to the floor ( yeah i actually won a match).  anyway i seem to be having more sucsess with champ mode, since i started i'm already at g3-b and usually manage to get through to the finals or semis at least. is ranked generally poplulated by people who are actually good or is it i'm just having a bad day.  if any one in the uk is struggling id love to play some player matches with some peeps because two rounds is just enought to get my arse handed and not enough to figure out my opponents game.  my gamertag  is djangosix "
    mainly champ mode matches you a little better with people of similar skill.  Theres still a disparity, but the difference in skill levels in a G3 matchup isn't as bad as there is in any given ranked match, generally. 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper
    @Renahzor: Cammy's awesome. You play a fun character.
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kmdrkul

I stopped playing this game online altogether.  It was way, way too stressful.  Now I just bring it over to my friends house and destroy him repeatedly with every character, then mock him and question his masculinity whenever he loses, which is always.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By scarace360

dude i feel your pain i went online yesterday and i lost 18 matches and won 0.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Renahzor
    @Scooper said:
    " @Renahzor: Cammy's awesome. You play a fun character. "
    she is pretty fun!  I like her rushdown style.  I hate her lack of a good cross up, her mediocre pokes, not being able to deal effectively with /downback, and the difficulty I have landing her FADC ultra.  Overall though, she's a good fit for my playstyle.  I hope they make some good minor tweaks in super.  :)
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Stang
    @NevereatNirnroot:  I am absolute gutter trash, lets play soon. GT is Da Stang.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah infinite fireball fatality, Akuma only. forward, down/forward, down, down/back, back plus fierce punch.

NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NevereatNirnroot

lol nice to know i'm not the only crapper around i'll be on in about half hour or so so ill hit u guys up. 

ps i love giant bomb for not being full of people who just scream " U SUck fag" every time a newbie wants some help.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stang

Every person on GB is a scrub, we would all be straight up hypocrites if we called out our SF brothers.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jeffsekai

If your on xbox add me Halogu117 n we will see what we can dooooo

But as for getting better, 80% of the top players on giantbomb were complete scrubs when SF4 came out it takes alot of hard work and practice to get better. Just keep playing.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By MikeFightNight
    @NevereatNirnroot:  You own SF IV for 360 or PS3? 

Add me if your on PS3, my PSN is MikeFightNight. 

I'm looking to get back into IV before Super comes out.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sfighter21

If you're on PSN, mine is King_PIN21.  FIGHT!

NevereatNirnroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NevereatNirnroot
    @MikeFightNight: 

sorry guys i'm on the xbox 
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By demontium
    @NevereatNirnroot: PC version?
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By skrutop

Dude, I know the feeling.  I don't know why, but today I just could not win a match to save my life.  Falling for shit that I never do, getting SRK-FADC-Ultra'd by Ryu over and over again.  Some days ya got it, some days ya don't.

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Necrotrophic

i had like 5 rage quitters on me in a row today.

i had to stop playing, they were all during the first match. i eventually got beat and i was the one who lost points despite winning 5 straight.
    this is why im starting to hate champ mode, because the loss of points makes shitty players rage quit so they can stay in g1

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stang
    @Necrotrophic: haha it is only 5 points, you have to suck large gonads to lose enough to get kicked out of g1! I played a dude with 14,600 the other day, and you are right, he had a 6% disconnect rate.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Scooper
    @Stang said:
    " @Necrotrophic: haha it is only 5 points, you have to suck large gonads to lose enough to get kicked out of g1! I played a dude with 14,600 the other day, and you are right, he had a 6% disconnect rate. "
    I know lol, I lost a bunch of matches when I first got into G1 but seriously, if you win 1 match then go on to loose the second  you've made up the points from loosing twice on the first round. How shitty do you have to be to get scores that low. Just win 3 games in a row and you get like 50 points. Win a championship once and you've made as many points as you'd loose if you fucked up 30 matches in a row.
    sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By sfighter21

Haha, yeah I was confused when I would see people with less than 15,000 points in G1.  I was like, WTF!?  How are they in here?  I'm currently at 20,000 and I know I'm not a great player, but I have never fallen below the 15,000 mark.  How can someone at G1 lose that much!!?

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By AndrewJD
    @mnzy: I gave up a little while ago on gaining points in champ mode. I still play it but only if there isn't anyone on my friends list or I repeatedly face noobs in player matches.

It's still a good mode for finding players to play against though. For every 50 or so mashers there's always at least one good player in there (at least in my experience), and then I just add them as friends and we play some more :)
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Scullinator

@NevereatNirnroot:  
    Hit me up tonight.  Ill send you a friend request now.  Im off work at 6 pm eastern.  Im a long time street fighter player but a total scrub at this game.  no kidding, I love to play and have spent way too much on joystiks to put this down.

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Necrotrophic
    @Stang said:

" @Necrotrophic: haha it is only 5 points, you have to suck large gonads to lose enough to get kicked out of g1! I played a dude with 14,600 the other day, and you are right, he had a 6% disconnect rate. "

Apparently a lot of people have gotten booted from G1 on the SRK forums.

I played a ken that mashed an ultra when I was a full screen away. He had like 14 something. He had a nice d/c rate, i imagine its going to go up.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Stang
    @Necrotrophic: That Ken was my alt Live account, don't hate.
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Necrotrophic

theres gotta be something about spring that makes people rage quit because ive had more quits on me today than ive ever had

i just got home from work and got one sheesh

sfighter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By sfighter21
    @Necrotrophic said:
    " theres gotta be something about spring that makes people rage quit because ive had more quits on me today than ive ever had  i just got home from work and got one sheesh "
    Allergies....... :/ err?  Huh?  lol.
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Necrotrophic
    @sfighter21 said:
    " @Necrotrophic said:
    " theres gotta be something about spring that makes people rage quit because ive had more quits on me today than ive ever had  i just got home from work and got one sheesh "
    Allergies....... :/ err?  Huh?  lol. "
    i dunno, but i just got another.

i dont think im going to play champ mode at all anymore
    im starting to get alot of people on my list that play sf4 im just going to play them from now on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.