Another Newbie Looking for Opponents

  • 72 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Eyepatch (40 posts) -

Hello!
 
I've been lurking on these forums for quite awhile and actually got SFIV because of them. I've been playing for a bit now on my own and random online matches, but I can't say I'm all that good. I'm enjoying using Abel the most at the moment, though I'm trying out most of the characters a fair bit. 
 
Anyways, I decided I'd throw my hat into the ring and look for some people on here to play. I can't promise much of a challenge, but I'm hoping to learn and improve. I've been listening to a lot of the tips people provide here, and they are helping a ton, though I still can't seem to wrap my head around a lot of the more technical stuff.
 
If anyone is up for playing, feel free to send me a PM or add me on xbox live (Gamertag: Ze Eyepatch). 
 
(Hopefully this ends up in the right forum, gulp)

#2 Edited by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Where you from - because this will probably have a bearing on who you can fight.
#3 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

Hey not to derail your thread, as I'm sure some people will help you. But Abel is the new ken.

#4 Posted by Eyepatch (40 posts) -
@DirrtyNinja said:
" Where you from - because this will probably have a bearing on who you can fight. "
Oh good point.
 
I'm in Canada.
 
@Plasma said:
" Hey not to derail your thread, as I'm sure some people will help you. But Abel is the new ken. "

Is he? Alright! That means I can just spam shoryukens, right?!
#5 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Cool, a fellow Canadian.

#6 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
@Plasma said:
" Hey not to derail your thread, as I'm sure some people will help you. But Abel is the new ken. "
He kind of was when the game first came out. At least for people who didnt like fireballs like myself. Abel was my first main so its not surprising if new people pick him up.
#7 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Eyepatch is a badass name, I'm surprised you don't play Sagat though. 
 
I'll add you, my GT is AniMoney.

#8 Posted by Eyepatch (40 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" Eyepatch is a badass name, I'm surprised you don't play Sagat though.  I'll add you, my GT is AniMoney. "
Haha, thanks! I actually used him a lot in SFII Turbo, but I find him way too slow for my play-style in IV. Whenever I play him I end up just spamming fireballs. I should try and actually learn him, though.
#9 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Too bad you're not on psn duder, I would have played you , I like fighting other newbs 

#10 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Eyepatch: Nice to see another poster :D 
 
 
I live in Canada also, I'm not "bad" but im not amazing if you would like to play hit me up GT halogu117.
#11 Posted by lordofultima (6230 posts) -
@SpecialBuddy said:
" @Plasma said:
" Hey not to derail your thread, as I'm sure some people will help you. But Abel is the new ken. "
He kind of was when the game first came out. At least for people who didnt like fireballs like myself. Abel was my first main so its not surprising if new people pick him up. "
You also play Gen, your argument is invalid.
#12 Posted by Eyepatch (40 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Eyepatch: Nice to see another poster :D    I live in Canada also, I'm not "bad" but im not amazing if you would like to play hit me up GT halogu117. "
Will do! Just got my ass royally handed to me by AniMoney. Be gentle, please.
#13 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

GGs Eyepatch. Guys, he lied to us, he's not a newbie.

#14 Posted by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:
" Too bad you're not on psn duder, I would have played you , I like fighting other newbs  "
I'm on PSN and I suck ass...we should play.
#15 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" GGs Eyepatch. Guys, he lied to us, he's not a newbie. "
Never trust a man with an eyepatch
#16 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

I am a scrub, lets play.

#17 Posted by Eyepatch (40 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @AniMoney said:
" GGs Eyepatch. Guys, he lied to us, he's not a newbie. "
Never trust a man with an eyepatch "
Arrr.
 
Whatever, AniMoney! =P I think I landed a total of four hits on your Balrog in five fights. The only time I stood a chance was when you used Ken and I just spammed spinning pile drivers with Zangief and flipkicks/jabs with Chun Li. 
 
@Stang said:
" I am a scrub, lets play. "

From your videos and reading the forums I have gathered you're anything but a scrub, but sure I'm always up for another ass-pounding. Add me whenever you feel like fighting.
#18 Posted by JJOR64 (18939 posts) -

If you feel like playing a piece of shit Honda, you can add me if you like.

#19 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Eyepatch: Nice to see another poster :D    I live in Canada also, I'm not "bad" but im not amazing if you would like to play hit me up GT halogu117. "
yeah watch on of you lives in British columbia and the other lives in Quebec
#20 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Stang said:
" I am a scrub, lets play. "
Stang that won't work on this guy He's done his homework.
#21 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

That is not me, my cousin Malakai uses Ken.
 
Besides, I can't play tonight :( Some asshat cut the fiber optic cable in Arizona and everybody on the west coast has dial up speeds right now. I have like a 300 ms ping right now.

#22 Posted by lordofultima (6230 posts) -
@Stang said:
" That is not me, my cousin Malakai uses Ken.  Besides, I can't play tonight :( Some asshat cut the fiber optic cable in Arizona and everybody on the west coast has dial up speeds right now. I have like a 300 ms ping right now. "
Likely story. Anrarctican.
#23 Edited by Kumo (124 posts) -
@Eyepatch:
I'm pretty terrible at the game, but I'll add you and get some games in with you sometime soon. Not sure how good our connection will be, though.
#24 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @Stang said:
" That is not me, my cousin Malakai uses Ken.  Besides, I can't play tonight :( Some asshat cut the fiber optic cable in Arizona and everybody on the west coast has dial up speeds right now. I have like a 300 ms ping right now. "
Likely story. Anrarctican. "
Exactly what I was thinking. Stang just admit it and we can get on with our lives
#25 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima: Just because you can't handle my patented triple srk combo does not mean you need to be rude!
 
@Jeffsekai: What exactly am I admitting to? That I am an asshole? I agree. That I bring sexy back? Agree also.
 
It is all good, net is working like normal again and I will be back destroying you fellas tonight :)
#26 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Stang: That you have shit internet.
#27 Edited by Stang (4726 posts) -
#28 Posted by DanielJW (4915 posts) -

Psst. By a PS3, come play me. :)

#29 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Stang: God photoshopped
#30 Edited by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@Stang: ???
#31 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: Don't be mad that us in the states don't have to get our internet out of a box of cracker jacks.
 
@Pessh: How the hell did you do that?
#32 Edited by Pessh (2459 posts) -
@Stang: Save image > post reply > insert > image > my desktop.
 
Not sure If you can post it without saving the image and using the URL instead.
#33 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Pessh: Yeah, I was trying to use both of the links speedtest gives you, neither would show up no matter what I tried. Shit, I don't know how to save that image, when I right click it on speedtest.net I just get Adobe Flash options.
 
Oh well, thanks. Now Ultima and Jeffree can post theirs and finally admit it is their dial up connections that cause the lag.
#34 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

HA u added Free to my name ur so smart

#35 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

 I'm in Canada as well (east coast) I'll add you up tonight.

#36 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Congrats, you've had a thread derailed by Stang and Jeffsekai. You're officially part of the GB SFIV community! :P

#37 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" Congrats, you've had a thread derailed by Stang and Jeffsekai. You're officially part of the GB SFIV community! :P "
I was happy to help
#38 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Symphony said:
" Congrats, you've had a thread derailed by Stang and Jeffsekai. You're officially part of the GB SFIV community! :P "
I was happy to help "
SUCCESS! It ain't a GB SFIV thread if it isn't thrown off topic by the end of the first page!
#39 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

This thread is now about internet speeds.
#40 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
"
This thread is now about internet speeds. "
I knew your horny ass was downloading horse porn. With a connection like that there should never be lag. Pervert.
#41 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -

I'll post mine when I get home

#42 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
#43 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
#44 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @AniMoney said:
"
This thread is now about internet speeds. "
I knew your horny ass was downloading horse porn. With a connection like that there should never be lag. Pervert. "
Yeah It's totally my fault there was lag even though my connection is better than yours. :P  
 
@Jeffsekai: I pity you, that's a horrible connection.
#45 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@AniMoney: Damn Ani, you just straight up out logiced my ass. Touche.
#46 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@AniMoney: I know right, thats what I get for getting paid shit and having to pay for the internet all by my self :) its either that or dial up
#47 Edited by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -
#48 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
#49 Posted by Jeffsekai (7027 posts) -
@Stang: lmao I like how u posted like 2 seconds after he posted that
#50 Posted by SpecialBuddy (1110 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.