Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Any tips against charge characters that turtle?

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NinjaHunter

It seems that most people that use a charge character turtle. I understand why but I don't know to counter it. If I hang back they just do a special move and I end up blocking and basically start turtleing to, if I try to jump or dash at them they do the same thing but this time I get hit. I haven't figured out a way to do some major damage to them. So, any tips?

NinjaHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NinjaHunter

Thanks, I'll try that next time I face a charge character.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Punch them in the face.

Tomorrowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Tomorrowman

I try to find what basic move I have has the best poking distance.  Just keeping doing like a medium crouch kick on them, until he uncrouches to do their special, block that, and counter.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar

even turtle players have to attack some time. Try countering when they finally do attack instead of blocking all the time.

Neon941

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Neon941

The thing is, a lot of the best turtle players are good at attacking, then getting right back on the defense. I'm personally not great at dealing with them, but a lot of characters have moves that allow them to somewhat dodge projectiles, like the hurricane kick or Cammy's spin knuckle. You could use one of those moves to surprise them and get in close for a throw. Something else I heard which I wouldn't reccommend as a tactic, but I find kinda funny, I read about one guy who used a taunt on a guy, which instantly made him stop turtling and go crazy, allowing the other guy to win.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BoG

Keep them in close proximity, and when they make a move, take advantage of it. Play a reactionary game.

ThePhenomenal1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ThePhenomenal1

don't jump at a crouching guile.

throw him.

i play pretty defensively with balrog since all of his moves are charged base. but i pick my shots. i'll try to try people into blocking low when i got for an overhead or block high for a dashing low punch. i'll slowing begin to move forward with light punch headbutts till i'm in range to chip with crouching LP and HK.

bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By bagmanforhire

depends on who it is but a good rule of thumb is get close and use poke attacks and throws

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Reale

fireballs.... if they turtle just chip them down until they move forward, when they get to close sweep/hurricane, take charge of the space on screen!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By mike

If you're playing as Ryu, mix it up with an occasional EX-Hadouken (the gold one that hits twice) if the turtle is trying to match your projectiles one for one, or if they're using focus attacks to absorb single fireballs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.