Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Anyone else getting destroyed online?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, I just got the game. I jumped online and holy crap. I can barely move during a match before it's over and I've lost. I've played about ten matches and don't have any Battle Points. Everyone seems to already have Akuma and arn't afraid to bust him out.

So, am I the only one who is being schooled hard in multiplayer? It's really killing my enthusiasm for the game. That and how hard it is to pull off any of Zangief's moves.

way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By way

SF4 is the game the SF2 abandonees came back too. That's why you suck.

Street Fighter 3 took the most skill, that's why you're getting owned.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

I've never played a Street Fighter before. I've never really been into fighting games before but all the good things I heard made me think about giving SFIV a shot.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Randolph

Yes, but I play exclusively as Dan, so meh.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By LordXavierBritish

I've been getting pummeled online because I've been experimenting with Rufus.

He is actually a good character, I'm just not able to use him to the best of his abilities yet.

I was able ot get a perfect round with him online though, so I suppose there is the start of something there.

When I'm using Sagat however, my matches have been much more even.

I'm still on a losing streak, but at least I win one or two rounds, whatever the case may be.

Avatar image for theworstplayerever
    TheWorstPlayerEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

I have only played 1 match online because I have been busy unlocking all the characters and colors and such but I won that match by a fairly big margin so it's probably just because you haven't played a Street Fighter before. Also, Akuma along with the rest of the characters are really easy to unlock

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

I won 12 ranked matches in a row online yesterday. Got the achievements for that and now just play player matches.

eznark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By eznark

4 or 5 matches, no battle points.  I thought you were my boy Abel!  I expected it coming in and honestly it's only going to get worse as the newer players drop off and only the vets are left.  Oh well, local multi is where it's at, and my friends are worse than I!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By mike

I did alright in player matches, winning about 75-80% of fights.  Ranked...for some reason I was up against guys with thousands of battle points when I first started, and of course every one of them worked me over like a 200 peso Tijuana hooker.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.