Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Arcade Sticks?

Avatar image for thirtiethtwelve
    Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pathos

Hey guys,

I own a PS3 and am looking forward to SF4. Like many other people I feel Street Fighter should be played in an arcade environment. Unfortunately , that's not the case nowadays so I figured I might compromise and just buy an arcade stick.
    What is a good arcade stick that I can use for my PS3 and PC(I play on an arcade emulator)? I know wireless is out of the question but I'll settle for a long USB cable.

PS. I'm also an avid Tekken fan..

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

There's already an Arcade stick for 360, but im not sure if there is a PS3 one yet.

BTW: How's the Rap game goin pathos? Hows that bullet wound healing?

farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By farmer

It might be possible to use a PS2 port ---> USB adapter with the PS3 (I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with it).
    For cheap sticks, import from Saudi Arabia - no joke.

mbmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mbmonk

Honestly the stick I own sounds like a perfect match. Hori's Real Arcade Pro 3 (HRAP3). You have to import it from Asia though. I can confirm it works with PS3 games ( It had some issues with PS2 back compat on the PS3, I don't know if firmware updates fixed that). It definitely works with the PC. No drivers need. The USB cord is 7 feet long.  It has the PS button so you can bring up the in-game XBM.

Here is a review ( I suggest you look for more):
    http://highscoreonline.wordpress.com/2007/05/11/review-hori-real-arcade-pro-3/

Here is the item at Play Asia.com
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-zl-49-en-70-1rrr.html
    The have a white HRAP3 but it cost more.

There are two negative with this arcade stick. One it  has an octagon gate. Most US sticks supposedly have a circle gate. Circular gates make it easier to do circle motions. Second, there is nowhere to rest the palm of your button mashing hand. Don't know if that is a issue for you or not.

I been playing the crap out of Tekken DR online with the stick and love it. It does take a while to get used to the octagon gate. It makes circle motions harder, but obviously it is something you will pick up in time using the stick.

Hope that helps.
    HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By HairyMike87

If you want one that is semi universal, look into the Xarcade stick. You can just google it. That would probably be a good choice if it is compatible with different systems.

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By sizu

On last week's final E3 1up yours podcast the guys mentioned that Capcom are developing a stick, and a pad for SFIV. 

The last SF pads were really nice, so I presume that these ones will follow the same idea.

Avatar image for thirtiethtwelve
    Pathos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pathos

Thanks for the suggestions guys. That Hori Stick sounds nice and that official SFIV Arcade stick sounds promising.

@BlackWaterCO

Haha, I was waiting for someone to make a comment!

EHonda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EHonda

Building your own/getting one built for you is the best way to go.

HebrewSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By HebrewSanta

I saw an arcade stick in my local brick and mortar for about $30.  It was a Hori made stick for the PS3.  I have the Xbox 360 version and it works great.  Though I paid $60, and I barely ever use it.  Just waiting for SF4.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.