Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Barlog Wins!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

I know I've been contradicting a lot of shit that I've been saying lately, so I might as well add to the confusion. I started toying around with Balrog yesterday, and then expanded on that idea further today by playing 80 matches or so with him against EightBitWarrior. It's amazing how fast I've picked him up and I would very much say he's an alternate, or at the very least good for counter-picking to make people upset. I don't know what it is, his combos are like butter, and has some interesting similarities with Akuma -- mainly the super-zoning ability and massive tools at his disposal. He is otherwise a very different character...but if I can go toe to toe with Warrior's Balrog, then I must be doing something O.K. I have to say it feels good to be at least a small part of the Balrog Army.

My primary focus is still Akuma, my Balrog has to reach pretty far to catch up to the Raging Demon.

After the 3v3, expect some videos featuring Balrog and possibly El Fuerte against EightBit. His Dhalsim is a fun match-up.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

I know I've been contradicting a lot of shit that I've been saying lately, so I might as well add to the confusion. I started toying around with Balrog yesterday, and then expanded on that idea further today by playing 80 matches or so with him against EightBitWarrior. It's amazing how fast I've picked him up and I would very much say he's an alternate, or at the very least good for counter-picking to make people upset. I don't know what it is, his combos are like butter, and has some interesting similarities with Akuma -- mainly the super-zoning ability and massive tools at his disposal. He is otherwise a very different character...but if I can go toe to toe with Warrior's Balrog, then I must be doing something O.K. I have to say it feels good to be at least a small part of the Balrog Army.

My primary focus is still Akuma, my Balrog has to reach pretty far to catch up to the Raging Demon.

After the 3v3, expect some videos featuring Balrog and possibly El Fuerte against EightBit. His Dhalsim is a fun match-up.

Iggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Iggins

Yeah man, balrog can be pretty brutal. Make sure you get the buffalo headbut into ultra combo nailed.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

I hate fighting balrog! He has some ridiculas combos and can get right up in your grill at the drop of a hat.

Wesker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Wesker

Oh yeah, don't forget the Grand Prix into the Frogger Freeway Home Run combo... it can be deadly (with mustard).

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lordofultima
    @Iggins: Well that's like the first thing I did as Balrog. Jump-in roundhouse, crouching jab, jab, short, headbutt, ultra.
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#6  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

My brother mains with Balrog, and he wins a majority of the time.  I just don't think people know how to deal with his combos and his fair reach.  I can't play him worth a damn compared to him, but he's still a viable choice for a surprise opponent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.