Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Best PC compatible fight stick

Buble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Buble

Hi guys,

My girlfriend recently talked me out of buying an X-Men VS. Street Fighter arcade cabinet from the local corner store but agreed to fork out the cash to buy me a fight stick so I can scratch that Capcom itch I've had for months now. I've been looking around the internet and can't find anything solid.

I am wondering if I could get a couple suggestions as to the best quality fight-stick I can grab that is easily compatible with the PC. It'd suck to grab a PS3 stick, for example, then have to screw around with Motionjoy every time I wanted to play.

Thanks guys

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i've only heard good things about eightarc sticks

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Anything that works on the 360 should work on a PC. Eightarc, Madcatz, etc.

If you go with Madcatz, skip the SE and go straight for a TE or VS stick. The SE's are made of shit parts.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Anything that works on the 360 should work on a PC. Eightarc, Madcatz, etc.

If you go with Madcatz, skip the SE and go straight for a TE or VS stick. The SE's are made of shit parts.

This. Since you are going to use it on a PC, make sure you get a 360 stick and not a PS3. I believe some of the PS3 ones have some issues with PCs. I think most of the issues have been fixed, but just get 360 just in case.

Buble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the quick responses guys, you're the best.

Anyone have feedback on this stick?

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76445

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@Buble

Any of these sticks that are on sale now is pretty much good.

MadCatz:

SFxT Xbox 360 Stick

Hori:

Hori HRAP Kai

Personally I think the Hori has better build quality but the Madcatz is more easy to mod if you want to do that.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64
    @buble said:

Thanks for the quick responses guys, you're the best.

Anyone have feedback on this stick?

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76445

I tried looking at the link, but it keeps redirecting me to the homepage.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By irrelevantjohn

@buble: Oh you're canadian too! That stick is suppose to be really good but the joystick and buttons are not Sanwa or Seimitsu. Don't let that stop you though since that fight stick is top notch. If you got the cash then get it.

Buble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Buble

Yeah I'm from Toronto. Considering I was about to drop 700 bucks on that cabinet, and take up a huge part of our condo, she's more than will to shell out 180 bucks to shut me up lol

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By irrelevantjohn
    JMSNorthern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 67

#11  Edited By JMSNorthern

Another +1 to just get -any- T.E. (Tournament Edition) stick from MadCatz. They're tops, and officially licensed, with high quality and easily switchable parts, seriously you need look no further, only hardcore pros might go with some sort of different custom unit, and even then it's probably just preference, there's literally nothing better than a MadCatz T.E. stick right now, they're stellar and it's worth the extra investment for the T.E. version so you can switch any broken parts down the line easily.

As far as PC goes, another great thing about MadCatz's sticks are that the PS3 & 360 sticks work on PC.

There is one small caveat though, the PS3 sticks don't work on Intel boards, more specifically, USB ports powered by Intel controllers. I know, that sounds insane, USB is USB right, so it should work you'd think, but apparently not for some reason, I'm not sure on the specifics. All is not lost though, you just need to get a non-Intel PCI/PCI-e USB card to plug it into and then you're set (good opportunity to get some extra USB 3.0 or SATA III ports if you're in need). Also, there's no isse on AMD boards.

The 360 stick is fine for both AMD & Intel boards.

That info. was true at least for the original SF IV vanilla sticks that came out, they've gone through a bunch of branding revisions since then, so perhaps they've ironed out that issue since then, should do a search on it if you think it'll be an issue.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By irrelevantjohn

As far as PC goes, another great thing about MadCatz's sticks are that the PS3 & 360 sticks work on PC.

There is one small caveat though, the PS3 sticks don't work on Intel boards, more specifically, USB ports powered by Intel controllers. I know, that sounds insane, USB is USB right, so it should work you'd think, but apparently not for some reason, I'm not sure on the specifics. All is not lost though, you just need to get a non-Intel PCI/PCI-e USB card to plug it into and then you're set (good opportunity to get some extra USB 3.0 or SATA III ports if you're in need). Also, there's no isse on AMD boards.

The 360 stick is fine for both AMD & Intel boards.

That info. was true at least for the original SF IV vanilla sticks that came out, they've gone through a bunch of branding revisions since then, so perhaps they've ironed out that issue since then, should do a search on it if you think it'll be an issue.

I have the MC SFxT Pro stick for PS3 and they do work with Intel. The only thing I have ever heard was that round one TE sticks don't work on AMD and even then finding those TE sticks is near impossible. If you buy anything from MC or Hori today they should work on PC properly.

JMSNorthern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 67

@irrelevantjohn: That may be. I could've sworn it was AMD too so I googled the issue quick before my post and found a page saying it was Intel so I figured I was mistaken. I do believe it was PS3 sticks only anyway because my R1 360 stick works in my AMD system. I actually have the R1 PS3 stick as well I could test but it's boxed up somewhere in a closet so, yeah, nah.

Buble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irrelevantjohn: Cool dude thanks for the advice you saved me close to 20 bucks. I went with the Hori stick after all and having a little trouble getting it to register two button pushes at once. Sometimes, like maybe 5%, it will register one button over the other. I can't be sure it's not the way I play though however I have to fiddle around with it a bit more.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buble: Nice. Hopefully you didn't receive a lemon. What game do you play? I would recommend going to training mode and turn on "Display Inputs" to see if the buttons do drop out. If you don't see it dropping out then it might just be you lol. Also make sure turbo isn't on.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Props on the stick. I have never used a hori before, I bet it`s good.

Ind1gnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would go with Madcatz sticks all the way, I got three of those things! Haven't had any problems with my Xbox 360 Soul Calibur 5 stick that I'm using to play on PC. Legit sanwa parts and all and those things never break, at least according to my experiences :)

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It has a headphone jack.
    It has a headphone jack.

Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As everyone else has said, everything from the 360.

ekajarmstro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm using the SFxT stick (http://www.madcatz.com/sfxtekken/fightstickpro.html) and it's amazing. I have the PS3 version because the 360 ones were all sold out and it works fine with PC. Apparently the incompatible USB stuff was only on the older generation of PS3 arcade sticks, but having a 360 version still probably would have been a little better for menus and things because SF4 is Games For Windows Live.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.