Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Blanka love GET HYPE!!!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By Jeffsekai

A month or so back i found out that there was a Street Fighter 4 scene in my area after posting a bunch on the SRK thread I deiced to go (Really it was 2am when I found it and I had already decided to go). My first time going was less than amazing, I was still playing Balrog at the time and I didn't win a single match it sucked. Also going from Online where you see different characters every other game (and crazy combos) to a group of Sagat, Balrog and Ryu (Guile and Honda also made an appearance) was kinda depressing.  I could not stand for this, so I went home dropped Blarog completely and went back to Blanka. This was due to there already being a Balrog there (2 even) and me not really liking his play style. Anyways I also orderd a glove the next week so that i can take my Blanka game to the next level. 

Fast forward 4 weeks and my gloves have been here for a bit and my Blanka is back on top. Last Thursday I went to the meeting and payed the 2$ entry fee to compete in the tournament,  my first match was up against a solid Bison (Bison is a bad match for Blanka) which kinda sucked. But hey that's life. I lost and went to losers, there I went on what I would describe as a rampage (not really) and beat 3 people (one of which doesn't play SF4 a lot) in a row. The last match (be fore finals) was against a very 
     solid Guile but I manged to beat him. Which bring me to the Losers Finals and I had to fight the same Bison. Here's a video.

Despite loseing I had a hige sence of pride, I had gone from free to third in the course of 2 weeks (starting when I got glove) I need to work on the Bison match-up as you can see but hey I'll eventually learn a few tricks. 

Until next time, GET HYPE!!!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Jeffsekai

A month or so back i found out that there was a Street Fighter 4 scene in my area after posting a bunch on the SRK thread I deiced to go (Really it was 2am when I found it and I had already decided to go). My first time going was less than amazing, I was still playing Balrog at the time and I didn't win a single match it sucked. Also going from Online where you see different characters every other game (and crazy combos) to a group of Sagat, Balrog and Ryu (Guile and Honda also made an appearance) was kinda depressing.  I could not stand for this, so I went home dropped Blarog completely and went back to Blanka. This was due to there already being a Balrog there (2 even) and me not really liking his play style. Anyways I also orderd a glove the next week so that i can take my Blanka game to the next level. 

Fast forward 4 weeks and my gloves have been here for a bit and my Blanka is back on top. Last Thursday I went to the meeting and payed the 2$ entry fee to compete in the tournament,  my first match was up against a solid Bison (Bison is a bad match for Blanka) which kinda sucked. But hey that's life. I lost and went to losers, there I went on what I would describe as a rampage (not really) and beat 3 people (one of which doesn't play SF4 a lot) in a row. The last match (be fore finals) was against a very 
     solid Guile but I manged to beat him. Which bring me to the Losers Finals and I had to fight the same Bison. Here's a video.

Despite loseing I had a hige sence of pride, I had gone from free to third in the course of 2 weeks (starting when I got glove) I need to work on the Bison match-up as you can see but hey I'll eventually learn a few tricks. 

Until next time, GET HYPE!!!
    Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rayfield

Nice job. Congrats. 

I hate Blanka. 

Get hype.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Oh and here is the Grand Finals so you guys can see what that looked like.

PART 2

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By JJOR64

BLANKA HYPE ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!             

It does get tiring fighting Sagats, Ryus, and Rogs all the time so that's why online is fun.  You get see see different characters a lot.  I need to learn the Bison match as well.  When ever I play against a really good one, I usually lose.

Did I mention that Blanka is sexy?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @JJOR64:  No but feel free
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By AndrewJD

I love watching blanka provided it's not me facing him.

HYPE GOTTEN!

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rayfield

I just remembered of this tale of Blanka, so I thought I should share. 

Years ago when I was young, Streetfighter II came out and was da bomb in my local arcade. Kids at school would talk about it non-stop and naturally, spew forth about how they ruled at it. Pretty much every one I knew mained Ryu or Guile for some reason. 

Anyway, by lucky chance I somehow managed to hire a SF2 machine for the weekend via the yellow pages. I had the thing downstairs in my house for 48 hours and the whole time, I must have been the most popular kid in the universe. As a result, 'friends of friends' flooded into my house to play the shit out of the machine. I was toying around with Guile and if memory serves, managed to have his Sonic Boom down pretty well. 

Seemingly out of nowhere, this asshole kid I didn't know jumped on the second player stick and proceeded to destroy everyone he touched. Nobody who played him could get near him and it was because of Blanka's Lightning. He just spammed the shit out of that move and despite every kid there yelling at him and calling him a prick, he just kept winning. As a result, other kids started to see the benefit of choosing Blanka and spamming his Lightning. By the end of the weekend, fun matches and the whole HOLY SHIT I'VE GOT A SF MACHINE IN MY HOUSE vibe had denigrated into frustration and madness. Kids lost any sort of sense of playing different characters and just wanted to win and then laugh in another kid's face for not being able to get past Blanka's Lightning. What I remember most was a bunch of kids either being pricks or being supremely pissed off. This sheep mentality took over the machine and it was maddening. I was glad to see the back of that machine and since then, have superficially and unfairly hated Blanka for years. 

Get hype.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Rayfield: :'(
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Rayfield: Man that sucks!

Sounds about right though. The Human Race will bring about it's own downfall!!
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AniMoney

Dude you can rent a cabinet? Man I really missed out during the 90's. 

BLANKA SUCKS BTW 

sorry jeff

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Stang

You will always be free to me <3

Good job though :)

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By demontium
    @Jeffsekai: You know how much more I love you than I already did?! 

BLANKA POWER!
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I would think Rufus used pretty often too, but hey, the only person I have problems with out of those five are Honda.
    But you're using Blanka now? I'm so bad against Blanka it isn't funny, we should play some matches soon.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By sweep  Moderator

oh man, i need to go play some street fighter RIGHT NOW!!

(get hype)

Draftcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By Draftcard

blanka is my main
    blanka love ftw! 

PS... i hate fighting against balrog and bison

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By Driadon

Great job with the green man of awesome! HYPE GOTTEN!

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Draftcard: I know both are ridiculously hard match-ups to win you can do anything almost everything you do can be punished on hit its so dumb. That said I am fairly confidant in the Balrog match-up not so much with Bison. I think its really dumb that my moves can be punished ON HIT does any other character have this problem or is Blanka the only one. dumb.

@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:

" I would think Rufus used pretty often too, but hey, the only person I have problems with out of those five are Honda. But you're using Blanka now? I'm so bad against Blanka it isn't funny, we should play some matches soon. "

I thought I would see a lot of Rufus too but nope none hes not even there as an alt...kinda weird but nice at the same time cuz eff that guy.

@Sweep said:
    " oh man, i need to go play some street fighter RIGHT NOW!!

(get hype) "

Sweep you don't have to hide you hype.
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fallen189

You bought a glove to play SF4?

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Fallen189 said:

" You bought a glove to play SF4? "

Yes, because to make elec (or any mash move) to come out in a timely fashion there are two ways you can do it. 

1. Pianoing which is pressing 5 x Punches/Kicks in rapid succession so that the move comes out this does not use a glove. The problem with this one is that it is not very reliable and you get the EX version a lot of the time.

2. Slide, this is what I do its when you press a button ( in Blankas case its normally Light Punch) and then slide my figure from lp,mp,lp,mp,hp. The important thing here is to end with HP it does more damage and in case it gets blocked it ends faster (while also doing more block damage) if you don't have a glove your figures cant get caught on the buttons and make everything all bloody which is no fun in the middle of a match. So I paid 2$ and got a glove.

Here is a video:

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Thrawn1
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " 1. Pianoing which is pressing 5 x Punches/Kicks in rapid succession so that the move comes out this does not use a glove. The problem with this one is that it is not very reliable and you get the EX version alot of the time. "
    lol that's exactly what I say about sliding: that it's unreliable. maybe not so much the ex part but when I piano I definitely have a higher execution rate. I think the reason why you can piano and get ex moves is because it happens so fast that you run into problems with negative edge. I'd say that if you haven't practiced pianoing or sliding, sliding is going to be way more accurate. However in the long run after lots of practice/muscle memory I think pianoing's the way to go. Especially if you're doing honda combos (such as jab hhs, hhs) where you need to place the last button (hp) of a mash move within a 2 frame window it's better to piano. You need to have exact control (within 1-2) frames over when you hit that last button and I've always felt that sliding is too sloppy for such strict timing.

Some odd stereotypes I've noticed from reading srk: Chun/blanka players mash......gen players slide.......and Honda players piano
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Thrawn said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " 1. Pianoing which is pressing 5 x Punches/Kicks in rapid succession so that the move comes out this does not use a glove. The problem with this one is that it is not very reliable and you get the EX version alot of the time. "
    lol that's exactly what I say about sliding: that it's unreliable. maybe not so much the ex part but when I piano I definitely have a higher execution rate. I think the reason why you can piano and get ex moves is because it happens so fast that you run into problems with negative edge. I'd say that if you haven't practiced pianoing or sliding, sliding is going to be way more accurate. However in the long run after lots of practice/muscle memory I think pianoing's the way to go. Especially if you're doing honda combos (such as jab hhs, hhs) where you need to place the last button (hp) of a mash move within a 2 frame window it's better to piano. You need to have exact control (within 1-2) frames over when you hit that last button and I've always felt that sliding is too sloppy for such strict timing.  Some odd stereotypes I've noticed from reading srk: Chun/blanka players mash......gen players slide.......and Honda players piano "
    What ever. I see you trying to do hands and getting a C.HP half the time. I slide once and get SLAP CHOP!
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Thrawn1
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Thrawn said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    lol that's exactly what I say about sliding: that it's unreliable. maybe not so much the ex part but when I piano I definitely have a higher execution rate. I think the reason why you can piano and get ex moves is because it happens so fast that you run into problems with negative edge. I'd say that if you haven't practiced pianoing or sliding, sliding is going to be way more accurate. However in the long run after lots of practice/muscle memory I think pianoing's the way to go. Especially if you're doing honda combos (such as jab hhs, hhs) where you need to place the last button (hp) of a mash move within a 2 frame window it's better to piano. You need to have exact control (within 1-2) frames over when you hit that last button and I've always felt that sliding is too sloppy for such strict timing.  Some odd stereotypes I've noticed from reading srk: Chun/blanka players mash......gen players slide.......and Honda players piano "
    What ever. I see you trying to do hands and getting a C.HP half the time. I slide once and get SLAP CHOP! "
    that's cuz my timing sucks. my inputs however, are silky smooth

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.