Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

championship mode is blehh

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Necrotrophic
    G1 has a lot of good competition and all, but I think theres a lot more scrubs than anything. Im starting to find that I prefer player matches. I dislike that a lot of scrubs will win and never play you again. Then of course theres the fact that theres very few people i run into on that mode that have good connections with me.

I just played another Chun Li who beat me 17-1. I found that way more fulfilling than playing C-Mode. Playing good players is the best.

What do you think? more importantly, what mode do you play? I like longer matches, so naturally i tend to make it 3 rounds to a win.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima
    @Necrotrophic said:

"

G1 has a lot of good competition and all, but I think theres a lot more scrubs than anything. Im starting to find that I prefer player matches. I dislike that a lot of scrubs will win and never play you again. Then of course theres the fact that theres very few people i run into on that mode that have good connections with me.

I just played another Chun Li who beat me 17-1. I found that way more fulfilling than playing C-Mode. Playing good players is the best.

What do you think? more importantly, what mode do you play? I like longer matches, so naturally i tend to make it 3 rounds to a win.
    "
    I recommend seeking out individual players, even player matches feel super scrubby to me. I've been grinding through championship mode and I can honestly say the only time I lose is because of complete randomness, but I will continue. I still stand by the theory that if you play a lot of random matches it helps you learn to "identify" the good players and the bad ones quickly. 

3 out of 5 rounds is super annoying to me, it's just not the format of matches, so it messes with meter management and upsets me that I should have won the match when I got 2 rounds.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

I love championship mode, makes me feel good about myself.

If I want to improve though I hit up my friends list. My flowchart just leveled up 1 point from playing Ultima shortly ago for instance.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AniMoney

I just played a solid bison in player matches for like 15 games, and it was actually good competition and fun. Champ mode to me is just a bunch of shotos who suck or really lame characters who try to win with lag tactics, with the occasional player who knows what they are doing. 

I just play player matches with people on my friends list if I can, and try to find more people to add to that list through player matches(like that bison I just played). Champ mode is just for practice now, like dash ultra and focus resets. 

@lordofultima said:

3 out of 5 rounds is super annoying to me, it's just not the format of matches, so it messes with meter management and upsets me that I should have won the match when I got 2 rounds. "
    Yes, 3 out of 5 sucks.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By demontium

I love champ mode... but redoing it again on another SFIV save (my pc) is a total pain with the experience i have now. 

Its full of yawns, lag, and random wins. Ya, those random SRKs they throw up sometimes connect, but I am not used to that at high play so it catches me off guard. 

Its like retarded choices like that end up being the best ways to piss me off. 

But the actual idea and when you get good matches- its all gold! Just because the players suck doesnt mean champ mode sucks.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Scooper

Yep. Champ mode is pants. I only play it to warm up for a set with someone on my friends list.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By AndrewJD

It may not be ideal, but if it wasn't there people would complain.

I mean it's not like the game is forcing you to play it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What I really fucking hate about Championship mode is the fact that its only one match. I generally lose the first match I play against people, and it takes me a couple to get into the swing/determine their playstyle. Thats why I like player matches so much. Generally, they'll swing in my favour after a few. 

Then again, I've been having a far easier time with G2 recently - think I upped my game a bit.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima
    @GetEveryone said:
    " What I really fucking hate about Championship mode is the fact that its only one match. I generally lose the first match I play against people, and it takes me a couple to get into the swing/determine their playstyle. Thats why I like player matches so much. Generally, they'll swing in my favour after a few.   Then again, I've been having a far easier time with G2 recently - think I upped my game a bit. "
    Right, but that's the point. You're going to run into a bunch of random people at a tournament, for a couple games max. So learning to adapt can really help your game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.