Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Championship mode points system.

nrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By nrain

I've won a few tournaments in this mode and are now a rank G3-B, but can someone explain to me how to rank up and what the points mean. When i won my first couple of tournaments i went up, but now i win and still don't go up :S

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Well it takes more points to level up, the higher up you go. For example to get from G3-E to G3-C it only took me about 100 points I think. However, I'm on 1700 and something now and still on G3-A.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Reale

it takes from 1000-2000 to rank from G3-A to G2-E and from there it takes another 1000+ to level up from that to D (Its basically a grind system)

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix

Yeh, I'd been trying to figger this out myself.  But on a related note, is anybody pissed that you really can't even create like... tournaments in this thing?  I thought that's what the patch was talking about!  But nope, we get this weird... tournament style leveling system.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60
    ImperiousRix said:
    "Yeh, I'd been trying to figger this out myself.  But on a related note, is anybody pissed that you really can't even great like... tournaments in this thing?  I thought that's what the patch was talking about!  But nope, we get this weird... tournament style leveling system."
    I'm not.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By StaticFalconar
    ImperiousRix said:
    "Yeh, I'd been trying to figger this out myself.  But on a related note, is anybody pissed that you really can't even create like... tournaments in this thing?  I thought that's what the patch was talking about!  But nope, we get this weird... tournament style leveling system."
    The patched fixed what was broken before, and thats the ranking system. Yeah the PR people at Capcom put out too many key buzz words but when you really read what they offered instead of hearing the word "tournament" and immediately jumping to conclusions, the patch gets a passing grade (dissapointing, cause I bought into all the hype as well, but still passing).
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By PureRok

I never once thought you'd be able to make your own tournaments. I don't know where people got that idea.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By ImperiousRix
    StaticFalconar said:
    "ImperiousRix said:
    "Yeh, I'd been trying to figger this out myself.  But on a related note, is anybody pissed that you really can't even create like... tournaments in this thing?  I thought that's what the patch was talking about!  But nope, we get this weird... tournament style leveling system."
    The patched fixed what was broken before, and thats the ranking system. Yeah the PR people at Capcom put out too many key buzz words but when you really read what they offered instead of hearing the word "tournament" and immediately jumping to conclusions, the patch gets a passing grade (dissapointing, cause I bought into all the hype as well, but still passing). "

Yeah, I suppose you're right.  I just think I had too high of hopes that the patch was going to utterly change the online setup without really reading any in depth info on the patch.
    Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Scullinator

Can we just get a Quarter match where I can have more than one friend in the room?  I do like the new mode.  Its the only one I play now.  I like that your oponent cant see who your are selecting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.