Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Championship mode, some thoughts

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By StaticFalconar

Can't seem to find matches, giving up and going to blog instead.
    But from the 5 matches i had in the past hour or so these are the flaws I still see.

You can still see who your opponent is and kick them out if your hosting. You get some super disconnected "tournament" system which may be great if I can fight enough matches to see how it works. (this will be edited once I get to explore this mode some more)

EDIT: So the reason why people can't find a match is because everybody is broken up by where they are in the "tournament" (1st match, 2nd match etc.) So if you're in the 2nd match but everybody else is in their 1st match you won't find a match. Like with any new system everybody starts off at zero right now, when any computer has more matches (data) to analyze everybody will be sorted out to their actual rank. Freakin Justin Wong still starts off with no points before his first battle. Overall I'd say this patch just fixes what should have been there already and doesn't actually add anything new.

On another note, the SF4 Patch did have some tweaks.

Fei Long's Chicken Wing kick has more start up frames now making all his infinites gone.

Zangief's Lariet has had its hitbox changed so that its smaller but doesn't have as much invincible frames.

WTF Capcom, I want to be able to save my own replays to see on my own FN console. Why the fuck is that so hard for you to understand?

The PS3 has the voting system? voting system? Are you on crack Capcom? AND the only videos that gets saved are the people in the top tournament. Sure that may be great if you want to see high level play (and the 360 version so fucking lucked out by being able to see the inputs of each player). But what most of us really want to see is our own matches. Yes they may not be super high level play, so don't make it public then. Seeing videos of our own matches raises our game since we can see our own flaws and fix them without playing it at the same time. But no, instead if anybody wants to really see their own videos they have to either point a camera at the screen like a bootleg movie or make us hook up a capture card. Honestly Capcom, I don't care about uploading the damn replay, I just care to save and see my own replay. At this rate if we are good enough to make it to the finals, then we can theoretically get to see and upload out own replay. Looking at the "manual" for the update, it seems even if you do win a tournament you can only upload your replay; as in the replay is saved on Capcom's servers. Fucking moronic!!!! Capcom, you can save a lot of money by letting us save our own replays on our own consoles. But no, instead we can only upload one video at a time and it only is going to be one video since it always saves over the older one if we upload a new one.

Ok, to end this on a positive note, I will say this. Capcom has made a new system of evaluating how good a player is. The BP system got broken pretty quick when the upper players had no incentive (or every disincentive) to keep playing. The new system will track disconnectors and is double blind. You cannot change the parameters to one round 30 seconds BS, so something was done right. Despite, having the replay function totally botched (I honestly want to see for myself if lag killed me or my own mistiming which would be great if I could save my own replay and see all the inputs as well), and the tournament mode doesn't really feel like a tournament. Hopefully CP and GP points will be a better indicator of how good a player you are instead of the abandoned BP score.

To reiterate:
    Good things:

1. New evaluation system (may be crap, but I have hopes for it for now)
    2. Double Blind selection
    3. Disconnecters are tracked
    Things that could have been done so much better that I honestly think Capcom shouldn't have even dropped these key words to get our hopes up.

1. super disjointed "tournament" system
    2. replay function
    3. Still being able to kick people in lobby (you shouldn't be able to see who you're figthing til the match starts)
    4. Any difference that the PS3 and 360 consoles get. Its like Capcom wants to give the flame war people some jet fuel. Both voting and seeing the inputs of both players should be in both consoles.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Can't seem to find matches, giving up and going to blog instead.
    But from the 5 matches i had in the past hour or so these are the flaws I still see.

You can still see who your opponent is and kick them out if your hosting. You get some super disconnected "tournament" system which may be great if I can fight enough matches to see how it works. (this will be edited once I get to explore this mode some more)

EDIT: So the reason why people can't find a match is because everybody is broken up by where they are in the "tournament" (1st match, 2nd match etc.) So if you're in the 2nd match but everybody else is in their 1st match you won't find a match. Like with any new system everybody starts off at zero right now, when any computer has more matches (data) to analyze everybody will be sorted out to their actual rank. Freakin Justin Wong still starts off with no points before his first battle. Overall I'd say this patch just fixes what should have been there already and doesn't actually add anything new.

Fei Long's Chicken Wing kick has more start up frames now making all his infinites gone.

Zangief's Lariet has had its hitbox changed so that its smaller but doesn't have as much invincible frames.

WTF Capcom, I want to be able to save my own replays to see on my own FN console. Why the fuck is that so hard for you to understand?

The PS3 has the voting system? voting system? Are you on crack Capcom? AND the only videos that gets saved are the people in the top tournament. Sure that may be great if you want to see high level play (and the 360 version so fucking lucked out by being able to see the inputs of each player). But what most of us really want to see is our own matches. Yes they may not be super high level play, so don't make it public then. Seeing videos of our own matches raises our game since we can see our own flaws and fix them without playing it at the same time. But no, instead if anybody wants to really see their own videos they have to either point a camera at the screen like a bootleg movie or make us hook up a capture card. Honestly Capcom, I don't care about uploading the damn replay, I just care to save and see my own replay. At this rate if we are good enough to make it to the finals, then we can theoretically get to see and upload out own replay. Looking at the "manual" for the update, it seems even if you do win a tournament you can only upload your replay; as in the replay is saved on Capcom's servers. Fucking moronic!!!! Capcom, you can save a lot of money by letting us save our own replays on our own consoles. But no, instead we can only upload one video at a time and it only is going to be one video since it always saves over the older one if we upload a new one.

Ok, to end this on a positive note, I will say this. Capcom has made a new system of evaluating how good a player is. The BP system got broken pretty quick when the upper players had no incentive (or every disincentive) to keep playing. The new system will track disconnectors and is double blind. You cannot change the parameters to one round 30 seconds BS, so something was done right. Despite, having the replay function totally botched (I honestly want to see for myself if lag killed me or my own mistiming which would be great if I could save my own replay and see all the inputs as well), and the tournament mode doesn't really feel like a tournament. Hopefully CP and GP points will be a better indicator of how good a player you are instead of the abandoned BP score.

To reiterate:
    Good things:

1. New evaluation system (may be crap, but I have hopes for it for now)
    2. Double Blind selection
    3. Disconnecters are tracked
    Things that could have been done so much better that I honestly think Capcom shouldn't have even dropped these key words to get our hopes up.

1. super disjointed "tournament" system
    2. replay function
    3. Still being able to kick people in lobby (you shouldn't be able to see who you're figthing til the match starts)
    4. Any difference that the PS3 and 360 consoles get. Its like Capcom wants to give the flame war people some jet fuel. Both voting and seeing the inputs of both players should be in both consoles.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Some good points you have. I've only played a few matches myself but so far I haven't had a problem getting into games. That may be because it's just come out and everyone is trying it out though.

Also, everyone seems to be Frickin Awesome!! Probably because the only people the tournament mode appeals to are already good I guess, but still a bit annoying. Plus a lot of people I've played have been from Japan, which I guess might not be helping.

Anyway, will play some more later, might post some updated thoughts. Whatever people think of it though, it's free and all I really wanted was the double blind pick, so I'm happy :)

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Its not working for me.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PureRok

It'd be fine, except it lags so god damn much right now it's unreal.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Reale
    PureRok said:
    "It'd be fine, except it lags so god damn much right now it's unreal."
    you hit the nail on the head, i have worked up to G3-B and i have to say, i came across lag in EVERY match...

also the double blind is fine but why do you still hear the sounds? now i have to wait for Kens to spam around the board before they pick.... Ken... and they shouldnt show the players name or allow to kick either!

i thought there would be some sort of tournament tree too... but the only thing i can find is in the player DATA and not whilst the tournament is going on.

and dont get me started on the "Replays" sometimes it offers it to you and sometimes it doesn't :|  (and i have won most tournaments i played so :S)
    NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NukeGoBoom

Oh come on.They fixed what you wanted.
    They gave blind select.Thats enough free content for spoiled people and the mode is enjoyable.
    The voting system shouldnt worry you becouse your not gonna use it.Youre criticising a free meal.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Reale
    NukeGoBoom said:
    "Oh come on.They fixed what you wanted.They gave blind select.Thats enough free content for spoiled people and the mode is enjoyable.The voting system shouldnt worry you becouse your not gonna use it.Youre criticising a free meal."
    someone gives you a shit sandwich for free, you aint going to eat it and be greatful and tbh, they couldnt have charged for this, it would have caused an uproar.

this is a website about games and the discussion about games and thats what we are doing... discussing it.

-Edit- i just read this "The top 5000 Championship Point leaders will be given the option to upload a replay" so i cant save ANY of my replays to HDD? ffs i want to save MY matches! i dont give a shit about the top 5000 championship point leaders :|

REALLY... I DONT!
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AndrewJD
    Reale said:
    " so i cant save ANY of my replays to HDD? ffs i want to save MY matches! i dont give a shit about the top 5000 championship point leaders :|REALLY... I DONT!"
    Yeah I know, tis a real bummer. Better than nothing obviously, but It can't be that hard to allow people to save their own replays.

I agree with only the top 5000 being able to upload because otherwise there would be tons of nub fights up there, but why not let you save your own?!!!
    MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MikeFightNight

Yea this new patch seems like a real let down from what i've played. Lag seems to be high in the five matches I played which should be priority one.  Also can't they makes it so when you hit the quick match button, it automatically hooks you up with another player?? Add a quarter match system and lag free fights and i'll be happy.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StaticFalconar
    mubress said:
    "Reale said:
    " so i cant save ANY of my replays to HDD? ffs i want to save MY matches! i dont give a shit about the top 5000 championship point leaders :|REALLY... I DONT!"
    Yeah I know, tis a real bummer. Better than nothing obviously, but It can't be that hard to allow people to save their own replays.I agree with only the top 5000 being able to upload because otherwise there would be tons of nub fights up there, but why not let you save your own?!!!"
    Ok to my memory Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur both had teh option to save replays back when it was on the PS2 on a tiny 8MB memory card. I see no reason why we cannot save our own replays when we now have 60+ gigs of harddrive space.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Reale
    StaticFalconar said:
    Ok to my memory Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur both had teh option to save replays back when it was on the PS2 on a tiny 8MB memory card. I see no reason why we cannot save our own replays when we now have 60+ gigs of harddrive space. "
    agreed, in fact that's probably what i would happily fill my hard drive with... i uploaded a vid today just because i could (however it was vs a vega player and the match was horrible) however i don't even know where to get the replays from :|
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

I have had little to no lag in any matches that I've played so far after working up to G3-B in about 30-45 minutes of playing.  I had two very very MINOR lag hits, and it was so minor that they were literally about 2 frames of play.  Nothing massive.

Are the players in there skilled?  Not yet.  Everyone is just starting out with their GP and such.  While I can't say that it FEELS like a tournament, it feels like there is a bigger importance to GP than there EVER was with BP.  I know that the GP I've gained is something I've earned.  The one thing I'm worried about is I have yet to see a LOSS of GP from any match.  Even if I lose, I get +1.  Granted, it would take someone FOREVER to break 1k or so at that rate, but nonetheless, there should not be a REWARD for winning.

The whole CP thing feels a bit useless, just more e-peen fluffing TBH.  Nonetheless, I guess SFIV is mostly about e-peen bragging, eh?

I hate that the mode uses the same fucking matchmaking setup as the Ranked and Player matches.  How...fucking...hard is it to program code saying "hey, when people search for a match, don't pull up FULL LOBBIES?!?!".  Seriously, that's the MAJOR thing they need to fix.

Maybe I'm not seeing the whole "you can tell who someone is selecting" deal.  I mean, yes, I think it's stupid that they have the sound.  So, maybe someone call explain to me what I'm missing, because I couldn't notice once who someone was playing...

...except in the first battles...

...because I already knew it was going to be scrub Kens...

...and I was right.  = D  They make it so easy sometimes...
    Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13  Edited By Luke

All this is why I'm jumping ship when BlazBlue comes-out, which'll kick Street Fighter IV's online ass by a mile. 

Capcom Japan doesn't fucking get online (Japan in general doesn't).  They took a HUGE backpedal from what is in HD Remix, it's ridiculous. 

Anyway, maybe I'll be seeing some of you online in BlazBlue, next month? :)

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By slinky6

it's decent, imo.   Could've been a lot better but whatever it's free so I don't give a fuck.   Also, kicking is necessary because if someone's got a shit connection it's better to kick than have a laggy-ass fight.   I would'nt be opposed to not being able to see the gamertag and title/icon until the fight starts though.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Luke said:
    "All this is why I'm jumping ship when BlazBlue comes-out, which'll kick Street Fighter IV's online ass by a mile. 

Capcom Japan doesn't fucking get online (Japan in general doesn't).  They took a HUGE backpedal from what is in HD Remix, it's ridiculous. 

Anyway, maybe I'll be seeing some of you online in BlazBlue, next month? :)"
    I know when I play BlazBlue for a while, I'll have fun with it; but right now everytime I hear about BlazBlue, I shed a tear for Guilty Gear. Damn it the cast of Guilty Gear was so insane and the music theme to add to it, *sheds tear......
    Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Fracture

You have to re-do your settings with championship mode to get rid of the lag. I had major lag problems but I went into my player status and told it to stop matching me against people in other countries. Fixed the problem.

My big beef right now is the forced progression I'm seeing. I'm not that great at SF4 so I was glad to see the tournament system would allow me (a below average player) to maybe play against people who are in my skill level for a change, except that's only going to be the case months from now. Right now we have everyone starting from scratch, which is fine, but I shouldn't be awarded points when I lose. I just got bumped from G3-E to G3-D because I played for a while. Why bother to promote me when I'm not that great of a player?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187
    Fracture said:
    "You have to re-do your settings with championship mode to get rid of the lag. I had major lag problems but I went into my player status and told it to stop matching me against people in other countries. Fixed the problem.My big beef right now is the forced progression I'm seeing. I'm not that great at SF4 so I was glad to see the tournament system would allow me (a below average player) to maybe play against people who are in my skill level for a change, except that's only going to be the case months from now. Right now we have everyone starting from scratch, which is fine, but I shouldn't be awarded points when I lose. I just got bumped from G3-E to G3-D because I played for a while. Why bother to promote me when I'm not that great of a player?"
    Well, you have to look at it like this though:  you are talking about a 1,000 point progression (if I remember correctly) within 5 different "brackets".  Basically, you would have to lose 1,000 tournament matches.  That's a while, and even then, does anyone know what happens if you get into that second tier and lose?  Does it make you lose points?

In turn, the patch just came out, so we've still got a lot to see with it.  Just give it a month or so and we'll see how the impressions are then.  = D
    Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Terra1909

Well, I think the new championship mode is better than the old ranked matches, but like you guys said--these aren't really tournaments. You don't even really get anything for being a "champion," just some more points. Luckily, I'm not running into too many Kens, which is actually making it pretty fun and varied. I did get kicked a couple of times in the lobby. Could it be the cube head Zangief icon that I use?  Also, it really does over reward play time over play quality. Anyone think they'll actually do a quarter match update? That's still my preferred form of online match.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Kratos81

I think is awesome, I got to 4 championship finals in a row, but lost everyone of them so far. I love the fact that you cant see who people are picking. Over all not really much different then ranked but more of a reason to keep on playing. I still want a mode like sfhd where you can watch matches as you wait and advance.

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VitaminWaterYum

Got to around 1050 GP and it seems pretty fun so far, the quality of the players I've been facing is a lot higher than ranked / player matches. Also, I've been seeing a lot wider variety of characters, although still no Bison yet :(

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Terra1909

Does anyone find Seth Killian's description of the tournaments, here, a little off? I don't see any kind of dynamic matching system whatsoever. It's really just more of a ladder. And what are CP for exactly? I still can't figure that out.

Avatar image for vitaminwateryum
    VitaminWaterYum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By VitaminWaterYum
    iplaygames said:
    "Does anyone find Seth Killian's description of the tournaments, here, a little off? I don't see any kind of dynamic matching system whatsoever. It's really just more of a ladder. And what are CP for exactly? I still can't figure that out."
    You get matched based on what part of your personal tourney you're on. If you're in the final round, you'll only play see people in matchmaking that are on their final round, and so on for the other parts of each tourney. Not sure about CP yet though, from what I can tell so far it's a way to determine the level of skill of the players in your tourney.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By carlthenimrod

The lobby system remains to be garbage. The ranking and tournament system is crap. The only thing they got right was blind character select. Big thumbs down.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By mike

Could not join because the game is already full.
    Unable to play.

What a surprise.

Fracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Fracture

The matching systems still sucks, yes. However you can put the arcade mode into the championship mode and get matches really fast. I was never even able to finish a single round before I got a match every time.

As for the points system, 1,000 does sound like a lot but you get 11 and 24 points for coming in 3rd and 2nd respectively. I just don't think the game should promote you from a letter grade to another, or even a while teir if you have never won a single "tournament."

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mike

Maybe it's just because the championship ladders are new, but I was getting matched up against people with thousands of GP or CP or whatever they are...and I had 23 GP. How does that work? Oh well, back to player matches for me.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AndrewJD

Had a little look at the 'update data' thing that you can check out in the options menu just now. It says that replays can only be uploaded by the top 5000 CP earners. Championship points are the ones you earn in 'tournaments' and then converted to GP after you win/lose, and then it returns to zero. The amount of CP you earn for a win is determined by how many GP the other person you beat has.

What I'm getting at here is that you can only upload a replay when you beat a load of high ranked people, or at least high enough to give you a total in the top 5000. So if you don't fight any really good people you can't upload a replay?? I guess it makes sense, only the good matches are going to be uploaded, but why not let you save your own.

I got to upload one of my first matches which was pants, and recently uploaded a good win over a tough Dhalsim. Your new one replaces the old one in case you didn't realise.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kmdrkul
    MB said:
    "Could not join because the game is already full.Unable to play.What a surprise."
    I frowned.  I've yet to try out the new updates but hearing that they haven't even fixed one of their biggest problems just pisses me off.  I've yet to join a match via the quick match option; I've always resorted to hosting or playing arcade mode...
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By StaticFalconar
    Fracture said:
    "The matching systems still sucks, yes. However you can put the arcade mode into the championship mode and get matches really fast. I was never even able to finish a single round before I got a match every time.As for the points system, 1,000 does sound like a lot but you get 11 and 24 points for coming in 3rd and 2nd respectively. I just don't think the game should promote you from a letter grade to another, or even a while teir if you have never won a single "tournament.""
    Don't know if this is true or not, but hopefully, if Capcom has used what little brain power to think about it. Each of the tiers can only have a finite amount of people based on how many people are in the range of whatever to whatever score. This way, people won't lose points (like ranked match) if a new SF4 player with no points starts to work his way up the ladder. However because it is still a ladder system technically you can have the same amount of points, but get demoted. Also, reading up on the FAQ for the patch, at the two top levels, SG and G1, it is possible to lose points knocking people out of that league. If it doesn't work like a ladder system, then most of us would have to play a crapload of matches (lets say win 50% of the time), before we even qualify to have our points taken away and the only people that can take your points away are other people with mad points already. This seems fair and I actually like it.

<//So this tells me Capcom does think Zangief's lariat and Fei Long's infinite wasn't intended>

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Reale
    StaticFalconar said:
    On another note, the SF4 Patch did have some tweaks. Fei Long's Chicken Wing kick has more start up frames now making all his infinites gone.Zangief's Lariet has had its hitbox changed so that its smaller but doesn't have as much invincible frames. <//So this tells me Capcom does think Zangief's lariat and Fei Long's infinite wasn't intended>"
    i noticed bison's head stomp propperties seem different i just assumed it was the connection issue i was having (but i could be wrong)

smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By smallville123

My problem is the online is still broken, and a quick match does not put you in a quick match!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mike

Is saving game data after a match taking much longer for anyone else after downloading Championship mode? It's taking me about 12-15 seconds to get back to the lobby after finishing a match now, the "saving" message just seems to hang. Previously, this would take one or two seconds at most.

Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Reale
    MB said:
    "Is saving game data after a match taking much longer for anyone else after downloading Championship mode? It's taking me about 12-15 seconds to get back to the lobby after finishing a match now, the "saving" message just seems to hang. Previously, this would take one or two seconds at most."
    nope, it seems to be ok for me..

i did notice the lag on the menu screen though :| shocking
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, its been happening to me. Also, after a match it hangs for a while, then often says d/c from PSN. This is win or lose. Irritating, because it docks me both my points and progress in a tournament. Not ao much today, but yesterday was awful.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AndrewJD
    GetEveryone said:
    "Yeah, its been happening to me. Also, after a match it hangs for a while, then often says d/c from PSN. This is win or lose. Irritating, because it docks me both my points and progress in a tournament. Not ao much today, but yesterday was awful."

Yeah same here, happened constantly for me today. Super Duper annoying.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By StaticFalconar
    MB said:
    "Is saving game data after a match taking much longer for anyone else after downloading Championship mode? It's taking me about 12-15 seconds to get back to the lobby after finishing a match now, the "saving" message just seems to hang. Previously, this would take one or two seconds at most."
    My best guess is thats when the computer does all the computing to see whether you got disconnected or not. I also notice the load screen to get to the fight is long as well, but that could be because the other person still didn't install SF4 on thier console yet.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Reale
    StaticFalconar said:
    "MB said:
    My best guess is thats when the computer does all the computing to see whether you got disconnected or not. I also notice the load screen to get to the fight is long as well, but that could be because the other person still didn't install SF4 on thier console yet. "
    well today something strange happened to me... after i won the tourney it basically didn't load out :| and then a dark overlay came up (as if i had pressed the ps button or pressed for player profile) and then it stuck :| i was able to press the ps button and attempt to exit the game but it then stayed on a blank screen for a few minutes and at which point i took it upon myself to turn off my ps3 manually :| after getting back onto sfiv i was told that the data didnt save propperly and the 150+ points i won had been lost :'(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.