Character you least enjoy fighting?

• 123 results
#1 Edited by Scooper (7881 posts) -

So who's the character that when you see on the screen you know you won't really enjoy the match much, even though you might win it.
For the longest time it used to be Blanka but nowerdays everytime I see that fucker Balrog I let out an "eeeuuurrghhhh.....". I don't think there's ever been a Balrog player I've enjoyed fighting. I always come out of the match unsatisfied and bored/annoyed. I don't think anyone would want to go 20 matches against a Balrog. It's just soo tedius for me!

On the flipside I really enjoy fighting Akuma, Seth, C.Viper and a few others.... I feel like Akuma matches are always interesting and exciting (except for the ones that just jumpback air fireball and teleport ALL match, what the hell).

#2 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

I fucking hate Seth with all my SF4 being.

#3 Posted by Vade (393 posts) -

Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Seth, Dhalsim, Cammy, Akuma, Balrog, Zangief, Vega, Honda, Guile

Yeah, sounds about right.

#4 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Vade: But that Chun-Li fight you just can't get enough of, right? :D
#5 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

Sagat and Blanka

#6 Posted by MrJared (398 posts) -

The only character that ever gives me problems is Balrog. It doesn't matter what the skill level involved is, I just have massive issues playing against him. It probably has to do more with the characters I pick, but still, it sucks. 

#7 Posted by Rayfield (2097 posts) -

Blanka and Zangief. 

Every single Gief I've played online just spams that damn lariat.
#8 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

Seth and Dhalsim, All i get are turtlers who like to be mister jumpback and strech arms. o and.. Ken Way to much kens.. still.

#9 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Mechwing: Seth's got soo little stamina you need to be super defensive with him because as soon as you come up against an online masher spamming shoryukens you're as good as done because you can't risk any kind of in-the-face mixup because 2 auto-corrected SRK and you're dead.
#10 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Guile, Blanka, Honda, Zangief. 

Basically people who force me to be patient and turtle it out.

#11 Edited by chrissedoff (2098 posts) -
@Rayfield said:

" Blanka and Zangief.  Every single Gief I've played online just spams that damn lariat. "

goes through projectiles and hits ex, spamming lariat is just a good idea.
i'm siick of fighting ryu's and ken's. just enough already, the same guys 80% of people have played with since street fighter 2.  ironically though those are the only 2 characters (plus akuma, sakura and any other ryu-like) that i almost always beat. whenever somebody plays rufus or zangief i get totally thrown off and they kick my bum.
#12 Posted by JJOR64 (18991 posts) -

As a Honda player, pretty much everyone that's a charge character and fireball throwers.   :P

#13 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (199 posts) -
@Mechwing said:
" Seth and Dhalsim, All i get are turtlers who like to be mister jumpback and strech arms. o and.. Ken Way to much kens.. still. "
I'd like to practice my mr. jumpback  stretch Armsrong on someone. Interested?
#14 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@JJOR64: Just by interest. What's a good matchup you feel comfortable in with Honda? He does have very powerful attacks.
#15 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

@Scooper, Still, hard to have a decent match with lol 

@Rayfield man that sucks Grabble zangief is So fun to play as

#16 Posted by JJOR64 (18991 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" @JJOR64: Just by interest. What's a good matchup you feel comfortable in with Honda? He does have very powerful attacks. "
I guess Akuma.  I hit him twice and he is practically dead.   :P
#17 Posted by Mechwing (265 posts) -

@Evilgreendude
Naw sorry man, those just frustrate me ot much xD

#18 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Fuerte.

#19 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (199 posts) -

rufus is a real pain for me...hardest character to keep away

#20 Posted by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -

if it wasnt for Stang completely changing my mind about Ken, id still find them adorable. 

Wont enjoy a match when i go against Sagat. 
#21 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: At the rate I am going you will find them adorable again very soon! I use to play 2 hours a day at least, as of late I play every three days for an hour. I need to step my shit up or I will be more free then Jeff.

And fuck Cammy. That bitch was the initial reason I had to buy new buttons.
#22 Edited by YetiAntics (1490 posts) -
@Stang:
so much hate for the killer bee... lol 
seems everyone here (who dosent main her) hate facing Cammy players. 

[EDIT] you know, now that i think about it... i don't think highly for mirror matches........
#23 Posted by Slax (920 posts) -

Although right now I'm not comfortable facing anyone, my least favorite to fight has to be both Ken and Abel. I mean look at Abel's face... I'm sorry I'm just bitter. :p

#24 Edited by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -
@Mechwing said:

" Seth and Dhalsim, All i get are turtlers who like to be mister jumpback and strech arms. o and.. Ken Way to much kens.. still. "

You do know your Srk beats strechy arms right?

To answer your question, Gief. 

the majority just spam lariet which is beatable, or if they actually know what they are doing (a minority), its over before you know it because you expect a lariet spammer.
#25 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@StaticFalconar said:
To answer your question, Gief.   the majority just spam lariet which is beatable, or if they actually know what they are doing (a minority), its over before you know it because you expect a lariet spammer. "
Word.
#26 Posted by Raven_Sword (3447 posts) -

Seth for Obvious reasons, Dhalsim, Segat, Blanka, Vega, Zangief.
#27 Posted by Kumo (124 posts) -

Blanka, Sagat, Balrog. Blanka being the least enjoyable of the three.
#28 Edited by skrutop (3615 posts) -

Fortunately, I haven't run into any decent Seth players, so he doesn't bother me too much.  Seriously, how many times do I need to cannon spike you out of the wall flip before you figure out that I'm not going to fall for that combo!?

I can't stand fighting Balrog, and I'm starting to see a lot of him in G-2.  It's a really hard matchup for me anyway, and I'll generally lose 9 fights out of 10 against him.  Honda's a bitch, too, but only because I haven't fought him much, so I don't really know a lot of what he's able to do.  I just go into a react mode against him.  I also find it very annoying that a lot of Honda players will just sit there in the corner, waiting for me to do something.

I used to be really solid against Ryu and Ken (well, the weaker players using them, anyway), but I've been struggling mightily against Ryu lately.  It seems like he can hit me with his Ultra whenever he wants to now.

#29 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

Blanka, Blanka, Blanka and maybe Sagat and Dhalsim a little.

#30 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

Zangief.
 Zangief.           Zangief.   Zangief.   Zangief.   
Zangief.

Zangief.

Zangief.

Z
angief.
 Zangief.

Zangief.

Zangief.

Zangief.
 Zangief.                               angief.
 Zangief.

Zangief.

Zangief.

Zangief.
 Zangief. 
 Zangief.

#31 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -
@Scooper said:
" So who's the character that when you see on the screen you know you won't enjoy the match, even though you might win it (this hasn't got anything to do with bad matchups or how hard you feel they are to beat).  For the longest time it used to be Blanka but nowerdays everytime I see that fucker Balrog I let out an "eeeuuurrghhhh.....". I don't think there's ever been a Balrog player I've enjoyed fighting. I always come out of the match unsatisfied and bored/annoyed. I don't think anyone would want to go 20 matches against a Balrog. It's just soo tedius for me!  On the flipside I really enjoy fighting Akuma, Seth, C.Viper and a few others.... I feel like Akuma matches are always interesting and exciting (except for the ones that just jumpback air fireball and teleport ALL match, what the hell). "
Hmm...probably Bison or Blanka
#32 Edited by nrain (1274 posts) -

Hate Gen's and Fei Long's with a passion.

#33 Posted by Mmmslash (2168 posts) -

El Fuerte and Blanka seem to be the bane of my Street Fighting existence, as a Ken player.

#34 Edited by Driadon (2998 posts) -

Fucking Bison and Balrog. As a Blanka player I have next-to-no way of attacking Bison without getting punished.

#35 Edited by lordofultima (6249 posts) -
  1. Rufus
  2. Balrog
  3. Chun-Li
  4. Ken
  5. Bison

I enjoy any match where I feel comfortable generally, with the exception of the mirror match, Akuma vs. Akuma. That match I know pretty damn well but still hate it to death, just not as much as these. There are matches I'm not good at that I think are real fun, though. Such as Sagat, Abel, Zangief, Dhalsim, and Guile.
#36 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Blanka - the only character in the game who makes me play like a fucking retard. 
Balrog - I'll get stuck in a turtle war, though nowhere near as bad as Blanka.
Seth - When people can take full advantage of all his crazy moves, links and air juggles, it always ends bad for me.
Gen - Once I get knocked down, it's hard for me to recover, especially a player who relies heavily on his half jump.
Zangief - Because a lot of Gief players mash his command grabs, spam Lariats and do that stupid Body Splash crossup.

Dhalsim matches are always fun for me, though. Talk about extreme patience and zoning. Dhalsim players are the only ones who can make me fucking sweat with nervousness the entire round. 

@StaticFalconar said:

" @Mechwing said:

You do know your Srk beats strechy arms right? "
SRK, Somersault Kick, probably Tiger Uppercut beats Stretchy Arms. The timing is hard to get down, though. If you do get their pattern down though, it can make them play a little more cautiously.
#37 Posted by Icil (727 posts) -

Blanka and Ryu 

Ryu just because there's way too many =/ 

I am a Fuerte

#38 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

in order: bison rufus sagat guile

#39 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

When I played online as El Fuerte, any sort of charge character, namely Blanka, was always a maddening experience.  I'd run at them, as that's the only stupid thing Fuerte knows how to do, and then BOOM! Honda's headbutt.  And when I did get in edge wise, they'd just do the electricity/slapping garbage, which for whatever reason, is better than ALL of Fuerte's moves.  Also, going against another Fuerte is thoroughly infuriating.  Fuerte is alright against most run-of-the-mill shotos. 

#40 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
"There are matches I'm not good at that I think are real fun, though."
I'm the same. I'm not great at fighting good Gen's, Fei-Long's, Chun-Li's ect. but I do enjoy the match alot because it's just plain challenge. I think alot of the characters I don't enjoy fighting are the ones that I feel get reward (damage) without much thought or effort. Balrog's a different case though where even if I am fighting a Balrog I could learn a great deal from and being given the greatest challenge of my SFIV life I'll still feel glad a match is over. Balrog takes alot out of me fast.
#41 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@nrain said:
" Hate Gen's and Fei Long's with a passion. "
What? Are you serious? 

@kmdrkul said:
" When I played online as El Fuerte, any sort of charge character, namely Blanka, was always a maddening experience.  I'd run at them, as that's the only stupid thing Fuerte knows how to do, and then BOOM! Honda's headbutt.  And when I did get in edge wise, they'd just do the electricity/slapping garbage, which for whatever reason, is better than ALL of Fuerte's moves.  Also, going against another Fuerte is thoroughly infuriating.  Fuerte is alright against most run-of-the-mill shotos.  "
Fuerte mirrors are mazing. And I think you can punish a blocked blanka ball with run slide.
#42 Posted by nrain (1274 posts) -
@AniMoney:  
I don't know what it's about them, they just really throw me off my game.
#43 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" @nrain said:
" Hate Gen's and Fei Long's with a passion. "
What? Are you serious? 

@kmdrkul said:
" When I played online as El Fuerte, any sort of charge character, namely Blanka, was always a maddening experience.  I'd run at them, as that's the only stupid thing Fuerte knows how to do, and then BOOM! Honda's headbutt.  And when I did get in edge wise, they'd just do the electricity/slapping garbage, which for whatever reason, is better than ALL of Fuerte's moves.  Also, going against another Fuerte is thoroughly infuriating.  Fuerte is alright against most run-of-the-mill shotos.  "
Fuerte mirrors are mazing. And I think you can punish a blocked blanka ball with run slide. "
I only fear Hedgehog, most of the time I say to myself "free win" when I see Gen or Fei picked. Gen has so much potential, sadly most Gen's do nothing but try to cross you up and do 2 hit reset combos.
#44 Posted by TheHBK (5485 posts) -

Rufus and El Fuerte because they are the most fucking retarded characters there.

#45 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -
@Scooper: I concur entirely.  Matches that I think are fun are Akuma, Chun-Li and Sakura.
#46 Posted by The_Joker (227 posts) -

I play an Akuma and I have the most trouble Against Akuma. Mirror matches just become "Okay who wants to lose and stop spaming Hadoukens?". This is followed by Zangief. I think he's just cheap but that's probably just because I'm not great yet. I've also gathered that Akuma has a glass jaw. Not a great mix.

#47 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

I gotta say the starvin indian dhalsim is the most annoying to fight and takes all my enjoyment out of it.

#48 Posted by lordofultima (6249 posts) -
@The_Joker said:
" I play an Akuma and I have the most trouble Against Akuma. Mirror matches just become "Okay who wants to lose and stop spaming Hadoukens?". This is followed by Zangief. I think he's just cheap but that's probably just because I'm not great yet. I've also gathered that Akuma has a glass jaw. Not a great mix. "
Nice detective work, Watson.
#49 Posted by Gambit (727 posts) -

blanka fuck that green piece of shit.

#50 Posted by Scooper (7881 posts) -
@Gambit said:
" blanka fuck that green piece of shit. "
Racist.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.