Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Combo Question

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JoelTGM

How do I do some of the combos in the trial mode?  For some of the harder combos, no matter how many times I try to chain the attacks together, by like the third attack it just doesn't want to work.  So with Guile I'm trying to jump > heavy kick > hard punch > EX sonic boom > EX focus.  I can't get the EX sonic boom to come out in time, or at all.  Is there something I am missing?  I have this problem with a lot of combos, where one of the attacks doesn't work.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

For some of the combos it requires very specific timing, others you have to do dam fast and some mean linking one move to another e.g hadouken straight into super/ultra. However, I also am struggling with the charge characters combos. I'm fine with other characters, I've completed Sagat, Ken and Ryu's all up to the final hard trial. Any charge character though and there comes a point when I have to charge straight after jumping or whatever and it doesn't come out quick enough

DOUBLESHOCK said:

"So with Guile I'm trying to jump > heavy kick > hard punch > EX sonic boom > EX focus.  I can't get the EX sonic boom to come out in time, or at all.  Is there something I am missing?  I have this problem with a lot of combos, where one of the attacks doesn't work."
    That's the one I'm stuck on with Guile, and similar versions of that with other charge characters. I know it's hard to explain how to do this stuff, but any help would be appreciated :)

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Alex_Murphy

I hear you man, I'm having trouble with some of the 4th level but I think some of my problems has to do with the fact I'm using the Xbox pad. I can do alright online cause I don't use a lot of combos, but those trial things can be a pain. I know I'm never going to get all of them.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SSbabel
    Alex_Murphy said:
    "I hear you man, I'm having trouble with some of the 4th level but I think some of my problems has to do with the fact I'm using the Xbox pad. I can do alright online cause I don't use a lot of combos, but those trial things can be a pain. I know I'm never going to get all of them."
    That pad is made of shit ay.
    hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hoody

For that combo, make sure that you are holding back as soon as you leave the ground for the jump-in. This is the only way you'll be able to charge long enough to throw the SB after the sc.FP hits.

To learn the timing, crouch near your opponent for a couple of second to charge a SB. When you have one ready, release "down" while you keep holding "back," press FP and then slide into your SB while the FP animation is going. It's not about going fast, per se, but getting the timing right. Keep doing it until you've got the rhythm down. Muscle memory will eventually kick in, and you'll be all set.

Darklyte510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darklyte510

Yeah, this hoody said:

"For that combo, make sure that you are holding back as soon as you leave the ground for the jump-in. This is the only way you'll be able to charge long enough to throw the SB after the sc.FP hits.To learn the timing, crouch near your opponent for a couple of second to charge a SB. When you have one ready, release "down" while you keep holding "back," press FP and then slide into your SB while the FP animation is going. It's not about going fast, per se, but getting the timing right. Keep doing it until you've got the rhythm down. Muscle memory will eventually kick in, and you'll be all set."
    To add to what hoody said, a good thing to keep in mind while playing charge characters is that you should always be charging! Always! lol
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By AndrewJD
    hoody said:
    "For that combo, make sure that you are holding back as soon as you leave the ground for the jump-in. This is the only way you'll be able to charge long enough to throw the SB after the sc.FP hits.To learn the timing, crouch near your opponent for a couple of second to charge a SB. When you have one ready, release "down" while you keep holding "back," press FP and then slide into your SB while the FP animation is going. It's not about going fast, per se, but getting the timing right. Keep doing it until you've got the rhythm down. Muscle memory will eventually kick in, and you'll be all set."
    Thanks, that helped a lot! It sounds like basic stuff, but I just kept on getting more and more annoyed with the combo so I wasn't making any progress.

So Yeah, I eventually managed to get it, and now I've gotten a whole lot better after finishing the challenges (at least on normal) with other charge characters. I'm pretty good with Bison now after having finished his Hard combo trial, so although it doesn't prepare you for playing against other people, it's definately beneficial to play through the trial mode.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.