Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Combos, combos.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

Watching Akuma combo videos gets me pumped, I really need to get my execution up, and start working on my fireball -> FADC stuff. I'm going to embed this video and you can watch and be like -- "damn." Stupid Zangief combo starts at 2:40, a must see.

Also, I've been "toying" around with El Fuerte a bit, so all you people telling me to play someone else can now shut the hell up. I actually got a 5-hit Fuerte loop on a blanka in a casual match a couple hours ago. Oh man it felt so good. So good. But it's still hard as hell to win with that guy. I do enjoy playing as him despite it being much harder to "win," had some sick matches with EightBitWarrior's Dhalsim. Seems like a fair matchup, maybe next match video? Without Akuma? GASP.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

Watching Akuma combo videos gets me pumped, I really need to get my execution up, and start working on my fireball -> FADC stuff. I'm going to embed this video and you can watch and be like -- "damn." Stupid Zangief combo starts at 2:40, a must see.

Also, I've been "toying" around with El Fuerte a bit, so all you people telling me to play someone else can now shut the hell up. I actually got a 5-hit Fuerte loop on a blanka in a casual match a couple hours ago. Oh man it felt so good. So good. But it's still hard as hell to win with that guy. I do enjoy playing as him despite it being much harder to "win," had some sick matches with EightBitWarrior's Dhalsim. Seems like a fair matchup, maybe next match video? Without Akuma? GASP.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpecialBuddy

First off im not so sure about you not playing exclusive Akuma anymore. You have real talent with him when you just use him exclusively and i would hate to see that go away. Second El Fuerte would be crazy as an alt cause him and Akuma have two completely different play styles. Also when you say loop do you mean El Fuerte's infinate loop cause that would be crazy if you were just "toying around" with him and already can do the infinate combo. Lastly that Zangief combo is borderline unfair.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

DAAAAAAAYYYYYYMMMM, SON. That 30point combo was off the chain!!!!!!!!

It's good to have 2 characters on lock. Especialy ones with fighting styles so different.
    Btw, I wrote a massive PM to you Ultima thanking you for these videos becase they helped me decide on buying the stick and also for buying a Sanwa Joystick and Octagonal Gate but my firefox crashed as I was looking at links on the other tab. Thanks again and keep making videos.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By slinky6
    SpecialBuddy said:
    First off im not so sure about you not playing Akuma anymore. You have real talent with him when you ... [more]
    When did he say he wasn't playing akuma anymore?   Also the combo really didn't do that much damage, and considering it takes 4 charges, it's not unfair, just really, really cool.   Plus I'm sure it would only work on gief.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By jakob187

SICK video.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

That video was awesome. Makes me pumped to start playing again.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @slinky6: That not what i meant. im just saying that it would suck if he wasnt as good with akuma if he started having an alt. As for that combo i dont want to be hit with that nor would you even if it didnt do that much damage.

Edit: i now know why you said that. i had forgotten to put exlusivly play akuma sorry.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: I wouldn't really be worried about me jumping ship, but to some extent you're right in saying that playing as Fuerte is so wildly different, that I CAN'T jump between the two. Playing more with EightBitWarrior tonight, I realized how I had literally forgotten my setups with Akuma after playing with Fuerte for an hour. I'm not sure if it's just me, but this is sort of what I'm afraid of when playing more than one character.

I do mean that loop, but it was actually a 3 hit then 2 hit back to back. I just mean that I hit him with five run-stop-fierce's in a row. Definitely was still awesome.
    End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By End_Boss
    lordofultima said:
    @SpecialBuddy: I wouldn't really be worried about me jumping ship, but to some extent you're right in saying that playing ... [more]
    I think those fears really only apply in cases of radically different characters like Akuma and El Fuerte. I often trade off between Ryu and Akuma without much trouble.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima: Well that is very impressive that you already know how to do that. I cant seem to get my fingers to agree with my mind to pull it off.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: Yeah I had to think about the best rhythm to do it last night/morning. I guess I'm going with

D D/F F+LP
    pause
    LP~HP
    pause
    repeat

Your fingers end up in this weird galloping motion, LP~HP. LP
    Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
    @lordofultima: El Fuerte is fun to watch. You should upload a video to your site of you playing with him against someone.
    slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By slinky6

2 hits of the RSF is incredibly easy for me, after that my hands go all stupid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.