Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Comic Con Edition Fightpad & TE Joystick

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Capcom & MadCatz are releasing a new Fightpad and Tournament Edition Joystick for Street Fighter 4, both of which will be available exclusively at this years Comic Con.

The Comic-Con edition of the Tournament Edition FightStick and FightPads will be available for $179.99 and $49.99 respectively from July 22 to July 26 at the San Diego Convention Center.

In total, only 1,500 units will be available for both product types, with 1,000 FightPads (500 Xbox 360, 500 PS3) and 500 Tournament Edition FightSticks (250 Xbox 360, 250 PS3) being produced for the show.

Both models feature custom artwork and packaging licensed by Capcom, and each Tournament Edition FightStick will be sequentially numbered.

I much prefer this pad over the existing pads if I'm honest, except for the Akuma one that is. The TE  looks cool I think, I like the SF4 logo colours being used, but I do prefer my darker original.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Thoughts?

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Happy

The gamepad is way classier then the previous versions. Wonder if the quality is any better.

Crazy that there's only 500 TE Sticks. That's about limited edition as it gets.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThomasP

Damn. That shit is limited. They usually make many more for alternate covers in comics. They look nice.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks

My thoughts too, I like the cleaner look on the pad.

They are going to be hotly sought after given the numbers.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By ImperiousRix

Wow, the Fightpad looks a lot better than the ones they were selling, if only for the fact that it doesn't feature a specific character.
    I like the white and orange color scheme, too.  Damn, I wish they were available elsewhere.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I turned away a FREE trip to San Diego Comic Con this year because I'm getting married and need money and really can't afford to miss more work since I already took all my vacation days this year.  This makes me regret my decision.

Happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Happy
    @ImpendingFoil: Hahaha, "Sorry honey, we can't afford to go on our honey moon... BUT LOOK AT THIS BITCHING FIGHT STICK."

Probably made the right choice.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

Haha, your priorities are so screwed. 

I would have gone myself, I just wouldn't have gone wild with the spending, but I imagine that must be sooo hard to do at something like Comic Con :D I definitely want to go one day, but living in London makes things tricky. European shows are lame in comparison.

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I probably did though I most likely would have just picked this up only to sell it for a lot more latter on.  I bought a Street Fighter comic years ago for $2 from Udon at their both at Wizard World Chicago booth and sold it a week later for $75.  There are some crazy Street Fighter collectors out there.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Brake

$179 for just a a different design seems kinda weird, but I mean really, those things are gonna sell like hotcakes with crack. And you can always make your money back with insane eBay prices.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The_A_Drain

These make me very very sad.

There is absolutely no way on this earth I can go to events like Comic Con etc being that they are in the US and the expense for me to go is just outrageous. That said I would buy one of those babies without a second though. As I said in another thread, I would also actually kill for the chance to get one of those blank Cardboard Tube Samurai and have him doodled all over by the PA crew. :(

But yeah, I can't even bum a lift down and sleep on street corners for the duration lol, unless I stowaway on a frieghter theres no way I can get over to the convention without buying plane tickets and a new passport, completely impossible for me for the forseeable future. :(
    Sylinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Sylinder
    Supersonic! is the #1 bet, It`s got no wires, it`s the ONE to get!
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

MadCatz also had this to show off there. Not finalised design, or even functional at the moment, it's just a mock up for feedback.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.