Daily Match #1 (Please criticize)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

I am playing blanka on left, please offer criticism if you can. 
 
  

#1 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

I am playing blanka on left, please offer criticism if you can. 
 
  

#2 Posted by lordofultima (6183 posts) -

Looks like your shit runs really well for recording in high quality on the PC, lucky dog. Boo on you for exchanging the song on this stage, it's one of the best songs in SFIV! 
 
I like this idea though, I should make a point to record one match a day from myself and do some commentary on what I was attempting and my mindset. Hopefully once I get that Hauppauge PVR I'll be making more match vids. Your Blanka play looks annoying, so I guess that means you're playing him right! Although normal attack into electricity is not one of his better combos, Blanka also never combos so it's ok.

#3 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

I need to start recording matches.  
  
Good match, that Guile got his ass kicked. 
 
Still hate blanka though.

#4 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Wow. Your video looks great in 1080p. My computer's so shit I can't watch video in that res or the video is skittery so I have to make do with watching in 720.
 
Errmm. It's hard to criticize that performance. The Guile was terrible, doing what seems like only either punishable sweeps or random wakeup flashkicks or supers. I guess the only thing to say is you could punish that shit with more then normal to elec but that's about it. Very cool.

#5 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Looks like your shit runs really well for recording in high quality on the PC, lucky dog. Boo on you for exchanging the song on this stage, it's one of the best songs in SFIV!  I like this idea though, I should make a point to record one match a day from myself and do some commentary on what I was attempting and my mindset. Hopefully once I get that Hauppauge PVR I'll be making more match vids. Your Blanka play looks annoying, so I guess that means you're playing him right! Although normal attack into electricity is not one of his better combos, Blanka also never combos so it's ok. "
Wanna play me on the PC? I will upload! 
 
Anyways, sorry about playing blanka everyone, but I am just naturally good at reacting with him and thus he is my best choice for a character. If you want my old recording stuff anyone just tell me.... I may trade you it for a mic!
#6 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -
@demontium: Your BioShock 2 videos were pretty great, too. Me likely.
#7 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
#8 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

That Guile plays like me

#9 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1477 posts) -

Guile's second go around is punishable through focus attacks.
I'll play you if you want right now though, so you can have TWO daily videos!

#10 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" Guile's second go around is punishable through focus attacks. I'll play you if you want right now though, so you can have TWO daily videos! "
So how fast/close do you have to be to confirm it, and ill take the level 2 has to not to get flash kicked in the nuts?
#11 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

I have the PC version, as well. We should play some time.

#12 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@PureRok said:
" I have the PC version, as well. We should play some time. "
demontium is my GFWL
#13 Posted by lordofultima (6183 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" Looks like your shit runs really well for recording in high quality on the PC, lucky dog. Boo on you for exchanging the song on this stage, it's one of the best songs in SFIV!  I like this idea though, I should make a point to record one match a day from myself and do some commentary on what I was attempting and my mindset. Hopefully once I get that Hauppauge PVR I'll be making more match vids. Your Blanka play looks annoying, so I guess that means you're playing him right! Although normal attack into electricity is not one of his better combos, Blanka also never combos so it's ok. "
Wanna play me on the PC? I will upload!  Anyways, sorry about playing blanka everyone, but I am just naturally good at reacting with him and thus he is my best choice for a character. If you want my old recording stuff anyone just tell me.... I may trade you it for a mic! "
Played SpecialBuddy on PC last night, and it was a fun goofy time, but there was way too much lag (as expected). A 4-bar connection on Xbox turns into 1-2 bar on PC.
#14 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @lordofultima said:
" Looks like your shit runs really well for recording in high quality on the PC, lucky dog. Boo on you for exchanging the song on this stage, it's one of the best songs in SFIV!  I like this idea though, I should make a point to record one match a day from myself and do some commentary on what I was attempting and my mindset. Hopefully once I get that Hauppauge PVR I'll be making more match vids. Your Blanka play looks annoying, so I guess that means you're playing him right! Although normal attack into electricity is not one of his better combos, Blanka also never combos so it's ok. "
Wanna play me on the PC? I will upload!  Anyways, sorry about playing blanka everyone, but I am just naturally good at reacting with him and thus he is my best choice for a character. If you want my old recording stuff anyone just tell me.... I may trade you it for a mic! "
Played SpecialBuddy on PC last night, and it was a fun goofy time, but there was way too much lag (as expected). A 4-bar connection on Xbox turns into 1-2 bar on PC. "
Aww..... I have to wait for my Xbox, and thus will only get it in 480p
#15 Posted by lordofultima (6183 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.