Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Dallas Ranbats and My Modded Stick (lots of videos)

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpecialBuddy

I recently went to two Dallas Ranbats called FIGHT CLUB!. Thrawn told me about it so shout out to him for giving me the heads up. The first time I went I played like shit. I mean I was clearly not playing as I usually do if you had played me before. I didn't notice it while I was playing but when I saw the footage I was kind of disappointed in myself. I had lost to Balrog, which isn't my worst match up, in the top eight. This in turn knocked me out of the tournament. I wasn't in losers cause they run the tournament Swiss style.

If you are not sure what a Swiss style tournament is, it is a type of tournament were everyone plays 4 games. Based on your record of wins and loses you are paired with people with similar records. This goes on until everyone had played 4 games, then the top 8 people with the best records make it to the quarter finals and onward. These matches are played in a single elimination best of 3 games even for the grand finals.

The first time I went I lost in my 2nd fight in top 8. This is the match in question were I was completely mind fucked for some reason. I wasn't nervous so that wasn't it. (I know the quality sucks but the next videos look way better)

Thrawn though had a great match against Rufus that I feel needs to be posted.  He is Honda.

Last Friday I went to the Ranbat knowing what I was doing wrong and knew what I had to be doing to not look like a fool. I won all my matches except against a guy who was playing Chun Li. Now if I have played with you more than once it is more than likely I have told you I have no fucking idea what to do against her. Its mainly because there isn't really any info on it on the web and I haven't fought very many Chun Li's.

Here are the matches I fought in order of when they happened. 

Me vs Rufus (same one that fought Thrawn)

Me vs Bison and Balrog

Grand Finals vs Geif and Chun Li (good shit dude. That last combo was sweet)

On another note, I finally got my stick modded the way I wanted it. With only the straight buttons and with custom artwork. Shout out to foodchaiNN for making the art for me. I'm really happy with it.

Yup. Pretty Sweet.
     Yup. Pretty Sweet.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I recently went to two Dallas Ranbats called FIGHT CLUB!. Thrawn told me about it so shout out to him for giving me the heads up. The first time I went I played like shit. I mean I was clearly not playing as I usually do if you had played me before. I didn't notice it while I was playing but when I saw the footage I was kind of disappointed in myself. I had lost to Balrog, which isn't my worst match up, in the top eight. This in turn knocked me out of the tournament. I wasn't in losers cause they run the tournament Swiss style.

If you are not sure what a Swiss style tournament is, it is a type of tournament were everyone plays 4 games. Based on your record of wins and loses you are paired with people with similar records. This goes on until everyone had played 4 games, then the top 8 people with the best records make it to the quarter finals and onward. These matches are played in a single elimination best of 3 games even for the grand finals.

The first time I went I lost in my 2nd fight in top 8. This is the match in question were I was completely mind fucked for some reason. I wasn't nervous so that wasn't it. (I know the quality sucks but the next videos look way better)

Thrawn though had a great match against Rufus that I feel needs to be posted.  He is Honda.

Last Friday I went to the Ranbat knowing what I was doing wrong and knew what I had to be doing to not look like a fool. I won all my matches except against a guy who was playing Chun Li. Now if I have played with you more than once it is more than likely I have told you I have no fucking idea what to do against her. Its mainly because there isn't really any info on it on the web and I haven't fought very many Chun Li's.

Here are the matches I fought in order of when they happened. 

Me vs Rufus (same one that fought Thrawn)

Me vs Bison and Balrog

Grand Finals vs Geif and Chun Li (good shit dude. That last combo was sweet)

On another note, I finally got my stick modded the way I wanted it. With only the straight buttons and with custom artwork. Shout out to foodchaiNN for making the art for me. I'm really happy with it.

Yup. Pretty Sweet.
     Yup. Pretty Sweet.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

SCRUB!! Nice vids despite the fact.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Plasma

Hey FoodchaiNN I take back anything i've ever said, your stick design looks awesome!

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By DanielJW

Your stick is beautiful.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By AndrewJD

With you on the Chun Li matchup. I don't know what to do against average ones, let alone someone as good as that guy.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#6  Edited By wefwefasdf

That is pretty awesome. You're really good... but you probably know that.

Why is youtube still running terribly?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @SpikeSpiegel said:
    " That is pretty awesome. You're really good... but you probably know that. "
    Thanks man. I think I do ok. :P
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Jeffsekai

Good matches, you gotta get into the lab with Chun-Li go on SRK and piss one off and keep fihgtibng him if you have too haha.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima

Wow, stick looks awesome. I like that you kept the grey buttons on the end there.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima: Ya I thought they looked better that way. It is weird though trying to push what I think is the A button and finding that it isn't there anymore.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AniMoney

I never played third strike except for a few times with friends casually, but I remember Q being reaaally slow. Why do you like him? Show me a match with him or something, I'm curious.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @AniMoney said:

" I never played third strike except for a few times with friends casually, but I remember Q being reaaally slow. Why do you like him? Show me a match with him or something, I'm curious. "

Aww man you be missing out. Here is the best match I have found so far.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: Yeah, one of the reasons I manually rewired my buttons is so the A button would also be my LK, because I thought it felt unnatural to stretch over and hit a button I never hit otherwise. You'll get used to it. 

Also, I think Kuroda has a very good Q. 

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Plasma

There is no reason to play Q. Unless your name is Kuroda.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Thrawn1

you said you won't be there this week, correct? any chance of you making it out to casuals or is it too far a drive?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Thrawn: Well because of school and what not I wont be able to make it for casuals. Im not going this week cause I have family visiting. Ill be there on tuesday and thursday though. I cant go a whole week without playing some street fighter.

@Plasma: Whateva man. Q is a beast with untapped power.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Thrawn1

well see you tomorrow then. 

I'm getting pretty pumped for AB.....my only worry is that I know there will be lots of good rog players

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Thrawn said:
    " well see you tomorrow then.   I'm getting pretty pumped for AB.....my only worry is that I know there will be lots of good rog players "
    Ya that's how American North Texas is. We only pick Balrog.

BTW My cousin will be with me tomorrow because of the Smash tournament going on. So if you see some random guy its most likely him.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Plasma
    @SpecialBuddy said:

" @Thrawn: Well because of school and what not I wont be able to make it for casuals. Im not going this week cause I have family visiting. Ill be there on tuesday and thursday though. I cant go a whole week without playing some street fighter.  @Plasma: Whateva man. Q is a beast with untapped power. "

Yeah Q is good... if you let him taunt 3 times or he can parry like a god.  
    If I remember you had the Xbox version? When If I get home some time you can prove me wrong =P
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Plasma: Yes I have the xbox version. That being said Im not very good at the game.
    RageQuitters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#21  Edited By RageQuitters

Nice stick design! Looks slick! The sun burst around the joystick is a nice touch.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Thrawn1

did you do the smash tournament?

DRE7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By DRE7777

Ive never seen many people use Gen but he actually looks pretty powerful if you know how to use him.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Thrawn said:
    " did you do the smash tournament? "
    Yes me and my cousin went after we grabbed some 45 cent wings at Buffalo Wild Wings! (needed to be said) We lost both our games but got the quarter finals. All because half the people left early and so everyone got like 8 bye rounds.

I think I may have fixed my stick. Ill test it more extensively tomorrow just to make sure though. If this doesn't work Ill have to ask Ultima what his secret was to get his to stop messing up.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @SpecialBuddy: What happened to ur stick?
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Jeffsekai: It stops working sometimes. I think one of the wires just got loose. Also the stick feels a little more stiff than usual. It might be my gate or my switches. Ill have to ask some other people what they think the problem is if I don't figure it out or if it gets better on its own.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Thrawn1

or just ask in the dtx thread, they know what they're doing in regards to that stuff

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Thrawn: Well just test it tomorrow a lot more. If it still messes up too much then Ill get someone at fight club to take a look at it. The next time I go that is.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.