Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Dumbfounded

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Gambit

Was playing some ranked matchs today was doing pretty good had won my first 3 matchs. Next one came up and I picked my main character. I main cammy and I was unsurprised when the other guy picked ken. Match starts and the guy turns out to be your typical ken noob and starts spamming shoryukens.

I ofcourse just block and combo him and win the first round. Second round is much the same then right before I win the guy calls ME cheap for using cammy and drops. What the hell? Anyone else consider cammy cheap?

Strange side note to this is I've been playing street fighter games since I was eight and have also been a ken user. But when I got SF4 I was trying characters out and for some reason just really liked cammy.Then ken gets tagged the cheap character of SF4 and I thought oh well good thing I like playing cammy and fei long. Then I get called cheap with cammy lol.

luthorcrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By luthorcrow

He was pussy hurt.  When they whine, consider it a compliment. 

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    Nothing is cheap in Street Fighter. Most guys just need to suck it up and grow a set.
    agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By agent_lost

what, Cammy cheap, no way. If they don't know how to counter your move then that there problem, not yours.

Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scarabus

I get that but the other way around. I lost three times against someone who was clearly better than me so I left. I usually stick around to learn and work on my defense but this time I didn't feel like it.

Then he started bitching over PSN calling me a pussy and shit. Funny thing, during the match I could hear him over voice chat and it sounded like he had ADHD or something because he couldn't stop making weird noises with his mouth. I gracefully accepted my defeat and told him he'd probably play even better if he took the dick out of his mouth.

Being self-masturbatory jerks is not just reserved for losers.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

I tend to loose to Cammy because I'm too busy looking at her bum :)

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

I thankfully have been limited in the amount of dickish players I've met online, and only had one Ken drop during a Ranked match.
    As for Cammy being cheap, I feel that the game is very very balanced for the most part, and although Cammy might have some spammable moves, a lot of other characters do as well, and it's not as if Cammy gives unbelievable damage.  Just play as whoever you want and screw anybody who calls you cheap.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate
    Scarabus said:
    "I get that but the other way around. I lost three times against someone who was clearly better than me so I left. I usually stick around to learn and work on my defense but this time I didn't feel like it.

Then he started bitching over PSN calling me a pussy and shit. Funny thing, during the match I could hear him over voice chat and it sounded like he had ADHD or something because he couldn't stop making weird noises with his mouth. I gracefully accepted my defeat and told him he'd probably play even better if he took the dick out of his mouth.

Being self-masturbatory jerks is not just reserved for losers.
    "
    Nice One 

:)
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead

I was told Cammy was cheap because her Cannon Drill can go basically all the way across the screen but still, that basically makes it the same as any of the projectiles.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By PureRok

I've only had one person quit on me. It was funny, because they thought my Super was going to kill them... which it wasn't. Obviously they don't know Cammy enough because I thought I was going to lose since I used my Super way too late (when they were falling from a Cannon Spike). They left before the Super finished it's charge thing. If they had any balls or knew anything about Cammy they would have known I would have just gone right over/through their body. They then could have got up and Shoryukened me and I would have lost.

These people need to learn how to make a come back.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By zitosilva

I wish I had fought a Cammy. Hell, I wish I could fight anything besides Kens and Akumas, but I don't think these people exist.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By JoelTGM

eh people are always like that in every game, "you beat me so you are cheap".

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

this is why i don't play fighting games or sports games anymore. when you play online you will always find people who cheat/bitch/cuss/quit/being cheap/.........etc.

Scarabus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scarabus

I have a blutooth headset but I rarely use it, except when playing with my closest friends. I have no interest in talking to strangers.

satseb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By satseb

ignoring douchebags is my superpower.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By mike

Xbox Live is truly the cesspool of online gaming. My feedback has gone from 98% preferred to 65% preferred just from Street Fighter IV.  Top reasons for being avoided..."too aggressive" and "quit early." I never quit early, and it's a damn fighting game, of course I'm aggressive while playing it.  Sigh.

rerty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rerty

Ken and Ryu are beginner characters and there moves are easy to master,, so if someone skilled at the game is still using these characters I would consider them cheap. As for the characters in the game none of them are cheap.
    ex. Playing Ken vs playing as Gen

MrPiZzA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrPiZzA
    rerty said:
    "Ken and Ryu are beginner characters and there moves are easy to master,, so if someone skilled at the game is still using these characters I would consider them cheap. As for the characters in the game none of them are cheap.ex. Playing Ken vs playing as Gen"
    I can't completely agree with you on your whole argument.  yes they are some of the easiest characters to master, but if you are able to master their combos,FADCs, SADCs ,ultras, or whatever and effectively defeat your opponent why wuold you switch to a new character?  Not saying everyone should stick with ken or ryu (there are a slew of other characters) but if you want to be able to main ryu, then you have the right to.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.