Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Ever had a literal LMAO moment?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By StaticFalconar

Another Perch of StaticFalconar.........

So quick update, I've been going back and forth on trying my hand in the local tournament scene for SF4. Some days I feel like I'm the King while others I develop stupid fingers syndrome. I never have done the tourney scene before but seeing as SF4 has (hopefully) brought in so many new players a $10 buy in to spend my weekend afternoons doesn't seem to bad once a month (I only do the ultra local tournies).

Anyway, so I went to my local arcade where the next tourney is held (for scoping purposes) and thought I should get used to their sticks. Goddamn, I looked like a scrub under the different sticks. My stick is a HRAP3 (Super Japanese configuration), but the arcade was of course american with the circle gate and stick shift lever. Not only that, moving the stick almost felt like move the stick shift lever of an old truck. Oh wells, I never expected to win that tourney anyway, for me it's going to be about the experience.

With midterms looming around I can never seem to spend as much time as I want with SF4 (I wonder how much time the Pros spend playing SF4?), but after being raped at the arcades today I came home feeling I should redeem myself online. Because of last weeks midterms and another one next week (and I'm hosting the Power of Nothingness tournament,) I thought I should have to get over my stupid fingers syndrome I had this entire week (and especially before the tourneys start this month <like my own>), and regain some of my lost BP points. I had a initial goal of hitting 3k, but stupid fingers stopped that and made me lose even more points. I thought I should at least redeem myself to get 2.5k and really focus on getting over stupid fingers. Slowly and surely, my combos came out and made smart choices. Then came my very last game which:

No Caption Provided

At first I just saw the points redistribution and I had a big smile on my face. Not only that though, I then thought about that opponents skill, then I really LMAO since I had just realized I beat a BP farmer. Whats more was he messaged me and I LMAO even more. Seeing as how that made my day after a lousey week of playing, I decided to send it in a website that keeps track of sore losers. Apparently this little troll loves any attention he can get; but for some reason I can't help but to feed into it.

Last words: For those of you that liked my previous guide, I am writing one up for SF4 but so many things are delaying it as well as the fact that I feel I should wait til my tournament is over to see if what I wrote (so far) is actually valid and helpful. Or most liekly it'll just give me more things to think and write about before I finally publish it online.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By StaticFalconar

Another Perch of StaticFalconar.........

So quick update, I've been going back and forth on trying my hand in the local tournament scene for SF4. Some days I feel like I'm the King while others I develop stupid fingers syndrome. I never have done the tourney scene before but seeing as SF4 has (hopefully) brought in so many new players a $10 buy in to spend my weekend afternoons doesn't seem to bad once a month (I only do the ultra local tournies).

Anyway, so I went to my local arcade where the next tourney is held (for scoping purposes) and thought I should get used to their sticks. Goddamn, I looked like a scrub under the different sticks. My stick is a HRAP3 (Super Japanese configuration), but the arcade was of course american with the circle gate and stick shift lever. Not only that, moving the stick almost felt like move the stick shift lever of an old truck. Oh wells, I never expected to win that tourney anyway, for me it's going to be about the experience.

With midterms looming around I can never seem to spend as much time as I want with SF4 (I wonder how much time the Pros spend playing SF4?), but after being raped at the arcades today I came home feeling I should redeem myself online. Because of last weeks midterms and another one next week (and I'm hosting the Power of Nothingness tournament,) I thought I should have to get over my stupid fingers syndrome I had this entire week (and especially before the tourneys start this month <like my own>), and regain some of my lost BP points. I had a initial goal of hitting 3k, but stupid fingers stopped that and made me lose even more points. I thought I should at least redeem myself to get 2.5k and really focus on getting over stupid fingers. Slowly and surely, my combos came out and made smart choices. Then came my very last game which:

No Caption Provided

At first I just saw the points redistribution and I had a big smile on my face. Not only that though, I then thought about that opponents skill, then I really LMAO since I had just realized I beat a BP farmer. Whats more was he messaged me and I LMAO even more. Seeing as how that made my day after a lousey week of playing, I decided to send it in a website that keeps track of sore losers. Apparently this little troll loves any attention he can get; but for some reason I can't help but to feed into it.

Last words: For those of you that liked my previous guide, I am writing one up for SF4 but so many things are delaying it as well as the fact that I feel I should wait til my tournament is over to see if what I wrote (so far) is actually valid and helpful. Or most liekly it'll just give me more things to think and write about before I finally publish it online.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

You should totally post that picture on my thread!! I put some pretty good messages up there, too. Thanks for pointing me towards that website, too.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

No. My ass has never fallen off.

;)

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix

One of the few times I laughed out loud during a match was against some Ryu player who, while I was Vega, I had placed on the otherside of the screen in ideal position for one of my Barcelonas.  Ryu then proceeds to go the entire length of the screen doing light punch shoryukens, "SHORYUKEN SHORYUKEN SHORYUKEN SHORYUKEN X 100".  For some reason it was so ridiculous it made me laugh really hard.
    I promptly defeated him

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

^^, That panicky Ryu must have been so scared of you that in his mind it was the best possible way to move across the screen. He gets an A for effort, but too bad you don't win matches for effort.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scooper

The first night I got SFIV I was playing a few games and then I met a player who picked Akuma, when someone picks Akuma I normaly pick Dan and I did. Anyways he put it to 7 matches and every match was down to the last blip of health on both of us and both of us would win a round then loose a round until it was the final round 3 a piece, we both went mental and then all of sudden I heard "Die one thousand deaths!" I shit my pants because I was on my way down from jumping but I risked it and a split second before he grabbed me I pulled out my ultra and countered him finishing him off. As soon as the flashing screen came on from my ultra all I saw on screen was "lost connection with *******".

I lmao I gave him a bad rep but I lmao.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By SSbabel

dam, that guy really hated loosing those battle points, i went to your website and saw how much time he put into that message dam his an angry guy. Funniest part of the message is when he say's "you have absolutely no skill", so if you have no skill that must mean he has like minus skill.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By slinky6

My lmao moment is when I won 11 ranked matches in a row then lost to a scrubby ken.   I was like "hahaha....   I'm retarded :("    I definitely had stupid fingers syndrome that match.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    TheGreatGuero said:
    "No. My ass has never fallen off. ;)"
    Aw... you beat me to it.
    Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Methos

wow... just... well, wow...

although saying that, his spelling isn't that bad for such a retarded gamer, his grammar is absolutely atrocious, but his spelling isn't bad  lol

M

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By REDRUN

wow, would someone go to his house an please smash his chat pad. typing with controller UI, punish

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

lmao at that message.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By LiquidPrince

That message is extreme...

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By StaticFalconar
    SSbabel said:
    "dam, that guy really hated loosing those battle points, i went to your website and saw how much time he put into that message dam his an angry guy. Funniest part of the message is when he say's "you have absolutely no skill", so if you have no skill that must mean he has like minus skill."
    Its not really my website, its just a website that is the central hub for pointing out sore losers. Usually when I lose to low BP players (comparatively to my score), its usually a wake up call for me that I'm not as good as I think I am or that guy must have never played ranked matches much.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#15  Edited By ImperiousRix
    StaticFalconar said:
    "SSbabel said:
    "dam, that guy really hated loosing those battle points, i went to your website and saw how much time he put into that message dam his an angry guy. Funniest part of the message is when he say's "you have absolutely no skill", so if you have no skill that must mean he has like minus skill."
    Its not really my website, its just a website that is the central hub for pointing out sore losers. Usually when I lose to low BP players (comparatively to my score), its usually a wake up call for me that I'm not as good as I think I am or that guy must have never played ranked matches much. "

Yeah, I can't believe how many times I thought I was hot shit only to lose to some guy who, for all intents and purposes, didn't know what he was doing.  It just goes to remind me that when it comes to learning Street Fighter, it's always two steps forward, and one big step back.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By JJOR64

What a pussy.  And you should just post this in Walrus's thread.

TooWalrus
    said:

"You should totally post that picture on my thread!! I put some pretty good messages up there, too. Thanks for pointing me towards that website, too."

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.