Favorite combo/move?

#1 Posted by Koolaids_Back (94 posts) -

My favorite combo is Balrog's Dashing overhead smash + low short to fierce headbutt Ultra/super. 
That and Gen's hand slap loop. 
Favorite move is probably Honda's down-towards roundhouse canceled into his command throw.  
So hype when that happens.

#2 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Cammy's Ultra.

#3 Posted by AjayRaz (12391 posts) -

probably Ken's ultra. i don't know what i like about it but it's so fun to watch 

#4 Posted by HotSauceMagik (264 posts) -

The correct answer to this question is obviously Dan's gadouken xx supertaunt xx Ultra

#5 Posted by NinjaHunter (972 posts) -

I'm starting to learn Able and I really like his S. HP > Change of Direction > FADC > C. HP > Roll > Falling Sky or Ultra if you don't roll. It just looks cool.

#6 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -

Akuma's J. HK, st.HP xx Fireball, FADC, st.HP xx HK Tatsu, FADC, HP SRK Combo.

#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Akuma's J. HK, st.HP xx Fireball, FADC, st.HP xx HK Tatsu, FADC, HP SRK Combo. "
rofl
#8 Posted by lilbigsupermario (840 posts) -

Forward jump + high kick then sweep.  :)
 
Works in any Street Fighter game :)

#9 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -

Ryu's Fireball straight into Super. It's just beautiful.
#10 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19171 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" Akuma's J. HK, st.HP xx Fireball, FADC, st.HP xx HK Tatsu, FADC, HP SRK Combo. "
Too bad that sounds fucking impossible to land 95% of the time.
#11 Posted by Godzilla_Sushi (1084 posts) -

Hard air kicks with E. Honda. That man has incredibly large powerful legs!

#12 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I'm a Sagat player so my bread and butter against jump spammers is a simple high step kick into ultra or EX Low Tiger Shot. Once I pull it off once, they tend to not jump anymore.

#13 Edited by Symphony (1913 posts) -
@Koolaids_Back said:

" My favorite combo is Balrog's Dashing overhead smash + low short to fierce headbutt Ultra/super. "

Oh you mean the only combo every Balrog player knows and uses? Yeaaaahno. That's why fighting Balrog is so lame. 
 
Mine would be Chun's target combo to uppercut to medium spinning birdkick to super or her target combo to jab jab jab light kick ex thousand kick ex thousand kick to ultra. 
 
Or just juggling the hell out of people with Sakura via last second mixups
#14 Posted by Koolaids_Back (94 posts) -
@Symphony: Actually jumping fierce/roundhouse into standing fierce into low short into dash upper loop into whatever is pretty handy too and unlike your insane full bar and 2 bar + ultra combos mine are easy to do, easy to land, effective, and meter conservative. 
Also it's not my fault if you get hit by the overhead every time fool that's just the way the game goes. 
Learn to grab learn to block. 
And I agree Sakura is one of my favorite characters.
#15 Posted by Koolaids_Back (94 posts) -
@misterpope: Agreed! why is Ryu so good?!?!
#16 Posted by Symphony (1913 posts) -
@Koolaids_Back said:
" @Symphony: Actually jumping fierce/roundhouse into standing fierce into low short into dash upper loop into whatever is pretty handy too and unlike your insane full bar and 2 bar + ultra combos mine are easy to do, easy to land, effective, and meter conservative. Also it's not my fault if you get hit by the overhead every time fool that's just the way the game goes. Learn to grab learn to block. And I agree Sakura is one of my favorite characters. "
Oh hey, a predictable "its not my fault you suck" reply. Cause I totally said I can't beat Balrog. No it's quite the contrary. It's just boring as hell to see every single one play the exact same. At least flowchart Kens sometimes throw fireballs in the mix.
#17 Posted by Koolaids_Back (94 posts) -
@Symphony: Oh ok gimme a second while I throw my gloves at you.  
Sheesh what the hell do you want me to say?
Every character has BnB combos. Look at any character and you will always see similarities.
What exactly would you like to see a Balrog player "throw into the mix" anyway?
I was just asking for favorite combos/moves not for debates on why combos do or don't work.
#18 Posted by Jemenez (274 posts) -

All of Bison's combo's are just too fun to watch :D

#19 Edited by Stang (4726 posts) -

Jump in fierce punch cr. short cr. jab st. jab fp srk fadc air ex tatsu ultra. Taunt then disconnect. Does not get any better.
 
edit
 
Symphony still talking about flowchart Kens, 14 months later. Sheeesh.

#20 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @lordofultima said:
" Akuma's J. HK, st.HP xx Fireball, FADC, st.HP xx HK Tatsu, FADC, HP SRK Combo. "
Too bad that sounds fucking impossible to land 95% of the time. "
It's not really hard, just requires a full bar and does less damage than a 2 bar combo.
#21 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@lordofultima: Teach me your ways sir. Akuma is going to be my alt in Super. 
 
Is there any special timing for cr. jab x2 xx short tatsu? If I do a single jab, strong.....any other normal it is gravy. That second jab throws my shit off big time.
#22 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Punch Punch Kick Jump Kick Fire ball.

#23 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -
@Stang: Yes there is timing, as with any link. If the tatsu doesn't come out, you chained the last jab instead of linking it.
#24 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" @Koolaids_Back said:
" @Symphony: Actually jumping fierce/roundhouse into standing fierce into low short into dash upper loop into whatever is pretty handy too and unlike your insane full bar and 2 bar + ultra combos mine are easy to do, easy to land, effective, and meter conservative. Also it's not my fault if you get hit by the overhead every time fool that's just the way the game goes. Learn to grab learn to block. And I agree Sakura is one of my favorite characters. "
Oh hey, a predictable "its not my fault you suck" reply. Cause I totally said I can't beat Balrog. No it's quite the contrary. It's just boring as hell to see every single one play the exact same. At least flowchart Kens sometimes throw fireballs in the mix. "
Gez look at you eh, gettin all angry at randoms...your all grown up now
#25 Posted by Xcessive (109 posts) -

Sakura's netural jump Roundhouse =)

#26 Posted by Symphony (1913 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" @Symphony said:
" @Koolaids_Back said:
" @Symphony: Actually jumping fierce/roundhouse into standing fierce into low short into dash upper loop into whatever is pretty handy too and unlike your insane full bar and 2 bar + ultra combos mine are easy to do, easy to land, effective, and meter conservative. Also it's not my fault if you get hit by the overhead every time fool that's just the way the game goes. Learn to grab learn to block. And I agree Sakura is one of my favorite characters. "
Oh hey, a predictable "its not my fault you suck" reply. Cause I totally said I can't beat Balrog. No it's quite the contrary. It's just boring as hell to see every single one play the exact same. At least flowchart Kens sometimes throw fireballs in the mix. "
Gez look at you eh, gettin all angry at randoms...your all grown up now "
IT WAS LATE OKAY?! 
 
Oh crap, you already used that excuse, didn't you? :P
#27 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

I really like chuns st. strong into hazanshu.
 
People have a hard time dealing with that.
 
Buuuuuuuuuut the best thing shes got is hazanshu into super. Its hard to set people up into a situation  where its useful sometimes
 
I wish they switched her super and the ultra

#28 Posted by Jeffsekai (7017 posts) -
@Symphony said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
" @Symphony said:
" @Koolaids_Back said:
" @Symphony: Actually jumping fierce/roundhouse into standing fierce into low short into dash upper loop into whatever is pretty handy too and unlike your insane full bar and 2 bar + ultra combos mine are easy to do, easy to land, effective, and meter conservative. Also it's not my fault if you get hit by the overhead every time fool that's just the way the game goes. Learn to grab learn to block. And I agree Sakura is one of my favorite characters. "
Oh hey, a predictable "its not my fault you suck" reply. Cause I totally said I can't beat Balrog. No it's quite the contrary. It's just boring as hell to see every single one play the exact same. At least flowchart Kens sometimes throw fireballs in the mix. "
Gez look at you eh, gettin all angry at randoms...your all grown up now "
IT WAS LATE OKAY?!  Oh crap, you already used that excuse, didn't you? :P "
I sure did, I would also accept I WAS DRUNK OKAY
#29 Posted by RenMcKormack (1071 posts) -

Sakura ex tatsu, light kick reset, jab shenningans

#30 Posted by MrJared (396 posts) -

Not even going to lie.. I love me some of that Guile-
 
FADC > Air-Throw
 
No joke. It's barely even a combo but I love it. It' so goofy.

#31 Posted by lordofultima (6186 posts) -
@MrJared said:
" Not even going to lie.. I love me some of that Guile-  FADC > Air-Throw  No joke. It's barely even a combo but I love it. It' so goofy. "
For a second I thought you meant he could fadc a flash kick and air throw, I was getting excited. But of course you just meant focus crumple. Sigh.
#32 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -
@Stang: I'm sure you have to link the jabs rather than cancel them. Chained jabs lose special cancel properties.
 
I really like Gen's (mantis) jump-in mk > hard punch (1 hit) xx hands > far st. mk xx super > gekiro. It looks tasty (but getting the far st. mk to come out and not gekiro is a total pain. Must. reset. stick.)!
 
Any of Ken's block-strings ending in tatsu. Shit is tight, and no knock-down confuses people online. Back dash after and watch mashing shotos pop up into the sky.
#33 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

sakura: j.hp, s.hp, lk.tatsu, c.hp, lk.tatsu, s.lk, h.shouken, FADC, s.hp, lk.tatsu, c.hp, ex.tasu, ultra, ragequit.

#34 Posted by GetEveryone (4454 posts) -
@jaycee13: That sounds awesome, but totally useless. Stylish!
#35 Posted by ImperiousRix (2963 posts) -

I use one combo as Vega consistently, and it's fun as hell to pull off. 
Focus Attack> Command Roundhouse juggle> EX. Wall Dive> Izuna Drop

#36 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

I do like a good Abel combo. 
 
Fwd Mk  > St Hp > Hp COD > FADC  >  Cr Hp  >         ULTRA COMBO FINISH!

#37 Posted by Flushes (329 posts) -

Makoto karakusa > stand fierce xx hayate cancel > stand strong xx hayate xx super > ultra. HYYYYYYYPPPEEE.

#38 Posted by stixx57 (5 posts) -

i like kens ultra

#39 Posted by SonicBoyster (343 posts) -

I like the move where you try to slam out Akuma's raging demon to counter a jump-in but catch the enemy with a jab on accident and it makes your demon just slide him harmlessly across the screen.

#40 Posted by Vade (391 posts) -

FA 3, ex TKCS, ex TKCS, ex TKCS, ex TKCS, TKCS, c.hp, c.mk, hk drill. 
 
For no damage at all. I do it whenever I can.

#41 Posted by Diagonol (60 posts) -

Flowchart is as dead as punk.

#42 Posted by dudeglove (7270 posts) -

dhalsim  headbutt, yoga flame, super.
 or
FA, dash fwd, ultra, super, ragequit

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.