Favorite Street Fighter Character?

• 73 results
#1 Posted by Raven_Sword (3438 posts) -

Mine would have to be Ken. Sure, Ryu maybe be more recognizable as the Street Fighter poster boy, but I find Ken to be a way cooler Character. While Ryu focuses mainly on the Hadoken (going by his Speacils in Street Fighter games) Ken relys more on the Shoryuken. which I like more than the Hadoken (which is more like a Kamehameha fi anything.) Plus, His theme pretty much became THE song for Street Fighter for alot of people.  and in my opinon, is one of the songs most Recognizable to gaming. (for me anyway)
#2 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

Ryu is being trained by Oro, nuff said, Ryu > Ken.

#3 Posted by HODGEY3000 (344 posts) -

Zangief and balrog
#4 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -

Guy and Sakura. I used to be into Ryu quite a bit, but in all of the anime/manga he's in it's always about the "Dark Hadou" inside of him and how he has to overcome it. It starts to grate after a while.

#5 Posted by Wolverine (4278 posts) -

I like Ryu the most. Although Ken is pretty much the same character I just don't like to use him.

#6 Posted by InfiniteStateMachine (215 posts) -

Chun, Ibuki, Alex, Ryu, Rolento

#7 Posted by Majinken (136 posts) -

Me and Ryu go way back, you know, but I loves me some kunoichi and classy businesswomen.

By Shin Nihon Pepsitou
#8 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -

E. Honda.
#9 Posted by REVenant00 (7 posts) -
By Zinc Park

Cammy - The Cutie
 Akuma - The Corrupted Warrior
#10 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

I mostly play Ryu.

#11 Posted by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@REVenant00: Akuma is not really corrupted, but at least you didn't say demonic like everyone else does (he's not that either). He just has an interesting code he lives by.

But yeah, probably Akuma.
#12 Posted by GunstarRed (5030 posts) -

I play as Chun so I should say her... but I really like other characters for their design like Rufus in IV and Q in Third Strike.
#13 Posted by Driadon (2995 posts) -

Blanka, in both play style and that he's just plain goofy. Cammy's pretty cool to.

#14 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (497 posts) -

SAKURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Posted by ShiftyMagician (2129 posts) -

Dudley - Because real fighters fight like gentlemen.
#16 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -

Garuda and Skullomania.

#17 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -

The king of Muai Thai himself -> Sagat

#18 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

vega he reminds me of the book "american psycho" and sakura cause shes always smiling even when getting beat down.

#19 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -

Blanka.

#20 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Blanka. "
Somehow I doubt that....
#21 Posted by mubress (1517 posts) -

Rufus because he looks like a joke character but is actually GOD LIKE in SFIV.

Hope he plays okay in super.

#22 Posted by Plasma (931 posts) -

3s Dudley of course, more the way he plays than the character really...
Picture from some SF manga where Oro is training Ryu to try and match Dudleys speed, and this punch actually breaks Dudley's arm =( 

#23 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

#24 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Balrog, Fuerte, and Rose.

#25 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@Scarlet_Rogue said:
" SAKURA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
#26 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I like the more obscure Street Fighter characters. Zangief, Dhalsim, Balrog, Sagat, and Bison are my favorites. Don't make me choose beyond that.

#27 Posted by Necrotrophic (261 posts) -

Ryu is the man, no doubt.

#28 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Stang said:
" Blanka. "
YES!
#29 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
@Driadon said:
" Blanka, in both play style and that he's just plain goofy. Cammy's pretty cool to. "
My picks as well. I used to play with Cammy a lot in SSF2, while Blanka seems so different then the rest of the roster. It's just fun to play as him.
#30 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @Stang said:
" Blanka. "
YES! "
By Blanka I meant Ken. Sorry for the confusion. :)
#31 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

Sagat and Oro are my favourites.

#32 Posted by MrJared (397 posts) -

Without question, Zangief is my favorite character. Not only do I love everything about his design and how he's evolved over the years (He's a gigantic, bear-wrestling, Russian gay with the most powerful moves in fighting games. Too good.), but he's also the reason why I started taking SF2 seriously when I was a kid. All my friends would play just Ken and Ryu but when I went looking for competition, I saw every character in the roster and realized that I could play whoever I wanted, and thus began a decade+ of practically non-stop Zangief play. Everyone knows I love the dude ... my girlfriend made me a custom Gief toy and I even had him etched into my iPhone.  

Runners-up? Hugo from SF3: 3rd Strike comes to mind immediately, not only because I have a certain affinity for the giant grapplers, but because I love all his ridiculous animations. Makoto, also from 3rd Strike is up there mainly because her sprite work is probably Capcom's best. Every frame of her attacks is filled with so much energy and emotion that it's hard not to get excited watching her fight.  

#33 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
" Blanka. "
YES! "
By Blanka I meant Ken. Sorry for the confusion. :) "
And by Ken he meant flowchart Ken. Sorry for the confusion :)
#34 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19308 posts) -

Balrog and Dudley.

#35 Posted by Stang (4726 posts) -
@demontium: First to ten? Thought so. Kthx.

I am going to give this Dudley chap a shot in Super. His man titties are overwhelming, he has to be top tier.
#36 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @demontium: First to ten? Thought so. Kthx.  I am going to give this Dudley chap a shot in Super. His man titties are overwhelming, he has to be top tier. "
Someone has a fetish for black gentlemen with big muscles.
#37 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

I like Sakura, Charlie and Dan (for comic relief).

#38 Posted by Symphony (1912 posts) -

Chun Li, Ibuki, Sakura, Juri, and Vega.

#39 Edited by Melvargh (489 posts) -

I never really played alot of SFIII, but my favourite character is in it. And that character also happens to be in Super Street Fighter IV...

Let's fight like gentlemen.
Everything about Dudley is awesome. The look, the style, the attitude, the moves, it's all fantastic.
#40 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -

Skullomania.
#41 Posted by baelrrogg (126 posts) -
@Stang said:
" @demontium said:
" @Stang said:
" Blanka. "
YES! "
By Blanka I meant Ken. Sorry for the confusion. :) "
Thats what I thought...
#42 Edited by thegoldencat7 (1492 posts) -

Everyone's favourite evil dictator/ chin meister.
#43 Posted by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -
@thegoldencat7: Hmm, Bison was getting discussed over in another thread too. Quite tempted to pick him up again. Want to play some games tonight? I'm trying to use a fightstick atm.
#44 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

Dudley and Skullomania 
Gief and Chun I also like, and I really like Rufus and Fuerte 

#45 Edited by lordofultima (6208 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero said:

" I like the more obscure Street Fighter characters. Zangief, Dhalsim, Balrog, Sagat, and Bison are my favorites. Don't make me choose beyond that. "

Real obscure picks there. Champion Edition obscure! lol 

I used to like Ken the most, but in SFIV he is mad gay. So forget him.
#46 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

I play as Gouken and Gen a lot. A little Rufus and Chun-li, I squeeze a lot of Ryu time in too.

#47 Posted by SuperSecretAgenda (696 posts) -

It's a tie between Dan and Karen.

#48 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

Gen. Vega and Chun Li are pretty cool too, i guess. and the new chick for super ss4 looks cool too

#49 Edited by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:
" Skullomania  "

SF EX isn't apart of the SF universe.
#50 Posted by dbz1995 (4790 posts) -
@Kou_Leifoh said:
" @addictedtopinescent said:
" Skullomania  "
SF EX isn't apart of the SF universe. "
Skullomania is in everything.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.