Fightstick questions

#1 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

I was wondering if this one was good? 
Will it work for my 360 and PC?

#2 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

It's not great due to it having a well documented issue with a washer, but aside from that, for price, it's OK.  
 
It will work on PC.

#3 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -

i say save up another 70 and get yourself a TE stick instead. Those are a lot more reliable.
#4 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: I have 200 bucks. Is it really that big of a difference?
#5 Posted by YetiAntics (1489 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @PantyshotMQN: I have 200 bucks. Is it really that big of a difference? "

really it does. the TE stick has the same parts as the Arcade machine. Its sturdier and overall has a good feel. 
youre paying $70 more for quality. 
#6 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@PantyshotMQN: HMMMHRHMHRHMMMM 
 
I will be the TE one ONLY because I like your avatar. 
 
In all shneriousness, thanks.
#7 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: Wait whats the difference between round 2 and regular editions?
#8 Edited by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
@demontium said:

" @PantyshotMQN: I have 200 bucks. Is it really that big of a difference? "

Yes.  
 
@demontium said:

" @Linkyshinks: Do you have the 360 version? "


 
 No, I have a  EX-SE and one TE.   
 
If you cannot afford to opt for a TE, buy the SE and then customize it with better components that are relatively cheap. Lord of Ultima will be able to help you out with that, he has some videos posted that are easy enough to understand.
#9 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Linkyshinks: What is different about the Round 2 TE?
#10 Edited by Luke (1609 posts) -
@demontium said:

" @Linkyshinks: What is different about the Round 2 TE? "

There isn't any difference as far as parts/build are concerned.  
 
The only difference is the black plastic border (instead of white) and the art on the top. 
#11 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@Luke: o ok.
#12 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -

Yeah get a TE. I have one, and we all know how much better I am than you.

#13 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@AniMoney: Thats why you keeps winning. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
sexy.
#14 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19304 posts) -

I've not had any issue with the washer and I've had my SE Fightstick for almost a year now.  If you would get the SE, I would highly recommend buying arcade parts (buttons, joystick...) as Linkyshinks recommended because the stock parts get used up and unreliable at a certain point.  I only got buttons for mine because I still find the stock joystick to work fine.  Here's a picture (because I feel like posting it somewhere :P):

#15 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -

If you get the SE replace the parts, you might save money. If you don't want to mess with that stuff, the TE is a great choice.

#16 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

How much is a TE these days, me wants to buy one before SSF4 comes out

#17 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@addictedtopinescent said:
" How much is a TE these days, me wants to buy one before SSF4 comes out "
Round 1 edition you can probably find for around 100 bucks. Round 2 is in stock and is 150, but I'd recommend a round 1 since it's the same exact stick, just with different colors.
#18 Posted by sho76und3wd (148 posts) -

I would go with the TE or get the Hori EX and replace the buttons.  My buddy bought two of those sticks and the buttons failed each time.  Of course you could replace the buttons and stick, but you would end up spending around 100 or so, so why not get a better quality stick for that price?

#19 Posted by AURON570 (1672 posts) -

I was going to suggest the Hori Real Arcade Pro 3-SA, but that's for the PS3. It's almost identical to the TE but only $100 dollars (approx.) as opposed to the TE's $130-150.

#20 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: Ill be safe. 
 
Im gonna get a TE.
#21 Posted by Apathylad (3066 posts) -
@sho76und3wd said:
" I would go with the TE or get the Hori EX and replace the buttons.  My buddy bought two of those sticks and the buttons failed each time.  Of course you could replace the buttons and stick, but you would end up spending around 100 or so, so why not get a better quality stick for that price? "
I heard that to mod the Hori Ex sticks you need to solder, while you can swap the parts in the stick the OP linked with less trouble. I have a Hori EX 2 I was thinking of modding, but I don't have the tools or skills for the job.
#22 Posted by EvilGreenDevil (196 posts) -

@Apathylad:
I actually modded the Hori Stick when I first got SFIV since the TE sticks were so damn hard to find. The soldering really wasn't that bad once you know what you're doing. For having an old DOA 4 stick lying around, add about $20 parts (buttons and stick microswitches) its pretty easy to do. I have more pics in my profile

 


 

the finished product



 

 



 

#23 Posted by sho76und3wd (148 posts) -
@Apathylad: 
Really?  I thought I had read a thread that you could replace the parts without soldering.  The buttons are quick connect and I thought I had read that the only thing you might run into is having to widen the button gaps a bit.  I could be wrong. 
#24 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima: Since I know from your blogs that you are REALLY good with fightstick tech.... should I wait for the SSFIV fightstick or just get a TE right now? 
 
Is there any difference in the parts?
#25 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lordofultima: Since I know from your blogs that you are REALLY good with fightstick tech.... should I wait for the SSFIV fightstick or just get a TE right now?  Is there any difference in the parts? "
I wouldn't wait for them, the parts are the same, just different goofy case around the buttons.
#26 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lordofultima: Since I know from your blogs that you are REALLY good with fightstick tech.... should I wait for the SSFIV fightstick or just get a TE right now?  Is there any difference in the parts? "
I wouldn't wait for them, the parts are the same, just different goofy case around the buttons.
#27 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima said:
" @demontium said:
" @lordofultima: Since I know from your blogs that you are REALLY good with fightstick tech.... should I wait for the SSFIV fightstick or just get a TE right now?  Is there any difference in the parts? "
I wouldn't wait for them, the parts are the same, just different goofy case around the buttons. "
Oh ok good.
#28 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@demontium: Did you ever get a new disc? Or are you holding out for super?
#29 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" @demontium: Did you ever get a new disc? Or are you holding out for super? "
No no. My xbox is broken. SFIV is fine. 
 
But I will get SSFIV anyways... se ya there duder :)
#30 Posted by AniMoney (957 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @AniMoney said:
" @demontium: Did you ever get a new disc? Or are you holding out for super? "
No no. My xbox is broken. SFIV is fine.  But I will get SSFIV anyways... se ya there duder :) "
Didn't we play HDR that one time though? I thought you said it was your disc.
#31 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@AniMoney said:
" @demontium said:
" @AniMoney said:
" @demontium: Did you ever get a new disc? Or are you holding out for super? "
No no. My xbox is broken. SFIV is fine.  But I will get SSFIV anyways... se ya there duder :) "
Didn't we play HDR that one time though? I thought you said it was your disc. "
Ya. I was talking about the disc tray, I just mumble because I have fat cheeks.
#32 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -
@lordofultima: Any chance the SFIV TE will drop in price because of the SSFIV sticks?
#33 Posted by lordofultima (6204 posts) -
@demontium said:
" @lordofultima: Any chance the SFIV TE will drop in price because of the SSFIV sticks? "
I'm sure it will, but the TE Round 1's are already like 100 bucks if you can find them. I don't expect them to drop much more than that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.