Fightsticks in Canada

#1 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

Any idea where I can find a good deal on a stick in Canada? All the amazing deals I've found are USA only. Amazon has the tekken 6 LE with the wireless stick for $80 but they wont ship it to Canada.

I found a custom made one from Taiwan for $70 on ebay but I have no idea of what kind of quality to expect. 

Has anyone used the Hori EX 2? It almost seems to cheap to I'm a little hesitant that it might be something that doesn't last me a month. It looks like my only option though unless I want to pay $160 for the TE SSF4 stick.

#2 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

i use the hori ex 2 and it works just fine for me, i think it's definitely worth the buy

#3 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -

Bah I ordered the Hori yesterday and now they dropped the price another $10

#4 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -

I live in Canada, get a TE stick.

#5 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

im about to go to the brentwood eb games in burnaby bc to try and pick one up. lets hope they have one :D (te stick)

#6 Posted by Hunkulese (2875 posts) -
@Jeffsekai said:
" I live in Canada, get a TE stick. "
=( It was hard enough to justify spending $50 on a controller I'll only use for a handful of games.
#7 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -
@Hunkulese said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
=( It was hard enough to justify spending $50 on a controller I'll only use for a handful of games. "
I suppose
#8 Posted by Aljosa15 (315 posts) -
@Jeffsekai: Yup. Me too. It was quite an investment but it's highly, highly worth it considering I have over 300+ hours in SFIV and still counting until Super arrives.
#9 Posted by Jeffsekai (7054 posts) -
@Aljosa15 said:
" @Jeffsekai: Yup. Me too. It was quite an investment but it's highly, highly worth it considering I have over 300+ hours in SFIV and still counting until Super arrives. "
Pretty much is the reason I bought a TE.
#10 Posted by lordofultima (6286 posts) -
@Hunkulese said:
" @Jeffsekai said:
=( It was hard enough to justify spending $50 on a controller I'll only use for a handful of games. "
I only use it for one game, it's still a good deal. You consider how much time you spend playing Street Fighter versus every other game you own, it makes sense if that ratio is really lop-sided.
#11 Posted by thunderkat1 (9 posts) -

Amazon.ca has the TE Round 2 stick still in stock last I checked.  Plus they have a couple HORI ones as well.

#12 Posted by NikotineXero (45 posts) -

Is the Standard Edition SF4 Fight Stick any good? It's 50 bucksish so I wonder about its quality, if its good id rather that than spending 160 on a TE

#13 Posted by Heylook (235 posts) -

Yay ebgames in delta has a 360 TE stick. Now I get to sit in public transit for 3 hours to get one:D

#14 Posted by newmarcom (297 posts) -

NCIX.com (Canadian site) had stick deals when the demand for them died down. They still have them in stock but I'm guessing they might go on sale when Super Street Fighter 4 is out.

#15 Posted by GetEveryone (4458 posts) -
@newmarcom: 
Are you still playing these days? Wouldn't mind getting a set in at some point. Need all the rog practice I can muster.
#16 Posted by newmarcom (297 posts) -
@GetEveryone said:
" @newmarcom:  Are you still playing these days? Wouldn't mind getting a set in at some point. Need all the rog practice I can muster. "
I still play, though I am trying to finish FF13. When you see me online, feel free to toss a challenge my way.
#17 Posted by Skeetlejuice (67 posts) -

just put your name down at ebgames for one of the new ssfiv sticks that are going to be out. 

I got a fightstick (which is junk btw but at least i can mod it later) from ebgames 

then i ordered off of amazon.ca a TE round two (it is worth it in the long run for the quality) 

if you don't want to spend a ton of money get a fightpad (new versions coming as well with new art) pick up the warranty on it as you might have problems with the buttons or d pad over time if you want to keep your costs closer to 50 bucks.

#18 Posted by King9999 (615 posts) -

Hori sticks are good.  I have both the EX2 and the Fight Stick 3, and both of them work well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.