Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Finding gamepads/sticks that aren't soldout/overpriced.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By granderojo

Now I have been low on cash lately, and was not able to pre-order street fighter, I recently acquired enough cash for some sticks/gamepad and game.  I was able to find the game, last copy on the shelf at best buy btw.  I have been looking for some sticks even the gamepads and I can't find anything that is not sold out or rediculously overpriced.

I have come to the relisation, after bearly being able to beat Ryu on normal that I need some sticks if I really want my worth out of this game.  I remember looking at the gamepad and liking that back in the day, went to amazon, that thing is 130 now, when preorders were around 40.  This shit is rediculous.

Anybody wanna help me out, I need some sticks/gamepad.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

well you can always try to find a wishing well, pray to the shooting stars, make post like these and hope some leprechaun reads it......

We're all stuck in the same boat as you really (for the ones that don't have a stick and want one now).

Simple economics of supply and demand; Just wait it out if you want to pay civilian prices for pads again. Even if i had an old pad to sell, I'd probably jack the price up just because the market is there (it would be stupid of me business wise and as a person not to).

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By granderojo

Yeah, I should of preordered,

Fuck.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

You can still find Fight Pads/Sticks at Gamestop/EB ...I've seen at least a couple at the few I've been to. Just know that if you're looking for a fightpad, you better not expect to get the one you want...as far as the graphics are concerned.

PLanter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PLanter

Do you really need a stick. I played most street fighter with a snes or ps gamepad, I couldnt see my self doing well with a stick.

IMO dont follow the hype around sticks its not worth that much.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Hamz

I guess I would look at it like this, does the cost justify the usage of a stick?

I mean will you be playing the game so much to really justify buying a stick for whatever price? If no then you are better off just not buying it and if yes then be patient and wait for prices to lower. Even if you play the game a lot I'd say $130 for a gaming peripheral for just one game is pretty expensive and pushing the boundry of what is acceptable.

granderojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By granderojo

I play lots of fighting games.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.