Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

For Your Amusement

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

So, I originally had some cool and awesome matches recorded earlier today. I had probably a good 40 minutes worth of matches, but somewhere in there, iMovie thought it was a splendid idea to go ahead and crash and lose all of my recorded footage. And yes, I am ghetto because I don't use a standalone camera for recording things.

Anyway, I lost all of my footage, I was going to show to you guys, so instead, I decided to upload some videos that I said specifically I wasn't going to, because they are so terrible. These were recorded on Friday the 18th, and I'm only posting so I can at least show you guys me sandbagging a guy for a round, and then this dude proceeding to sandbag the shit out of me for the final two rounds.

I thought it was hilarious, and I didn't care if I lost, but these matches are really terrible, for both players. So compensation for you, and myself, I present: The Worst Fucking Online Video Of All Fucking Time

So sit back, relax, grab some popcorn, and don't take this shit seriously, at all.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima

I'm not sure I see the sandbagging. Sandbagging implies you're joking around/playing like shit on purpose.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

Yeah, I am not see any sandbagging either. I see you playing like you typically do, and your run-of-the-mill-only-use-special-moves Honda. Sandbagging is when Ultima stands there an entire round and only tea bags  the ground and throws in a taunt for good measure.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " Yeah, I am not see any sandbagging either. I see you playing like you typically do, and your run-of-the-mill-only-use-special-moves Honda. Sandbagging is when Ultima stands there an entire round and only tea bags  the ground and throws in a taunt for good measure. "
    lmao. Not sure when I did that, must have been drunk.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai

Sandbaging that was not, you got nerd rage at the end =\

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm

I hope you guys watched until the end, because that's the funniest part, haha. 

@Jeffsekai: Did you like, not read the OP?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah it was a good watch.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm

I find nerdrage hilarious. Not as in, "that guys retarded because he nerdraged," but more like, "nerdrage is so ridiculous and we all do it when we lose."

Lighten up, folks.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: Yeah, my nerdrage is NSFW. I only do it when I lose  to mashing scrubs or Jeff though.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm

I do it whenever I lose a lot in a row. Friday was a terrible day for fighting.

But seriously, we need to get past this concept of "if you nerdrage you're an idiot." We're not all stupid fuckhead DarkSydePhil nerdragers. There's a clear difference between him and other people.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lordofultima

I wish I could capture nerd rage of mine on film, but any time I'm recording and rage I never put the video up because of it. Holy crap do I break things.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima said:
    " I wish I could capture nerd rage of mine on film, but any time I'm recording and rage I never put the video up because of it. Holy crap do I break things. "
    You had the Street Fucker IV video. That was nerdrage. We seriously need to learn to laugh at nerdrage. When I was watching the end of the video, I laughed my ass off because of how crazy I sound.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: I have broke a set of Sanwa buttons, a normal wireless 360 controller and my tv's controller. Beat that.

Napalm, nobody said you are a moron for raging. Where did you get that from?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " I wish I could capture nerd rage of mine on film, but any time I'm recording and rage I never put the video up because of it. Holy crap do I break things. "
    You had the Street Fucker IV video. That was nerdrage. We seriously need to learn to laugh at nerdrage. When I was watching the end of the video, I laughed my ass off because of how crazy I sound. "
    Yeah but even that I knew I was going to be recording my getting angry, so I dial it back. It turns into funny nerd rage. Nerd Rage in the flesh for me is never fun or funny, it's emotionally very taxing.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

It's not really a specific person, but I can sort of tell that nerdrage is this unspoken thing you're not supposed to do and not talk about, and nobody ever really laughs at nerdraging. Maybe it's just from seeing people watch those DarkSydePhil videos and when someone even gets a little bit like that it's like, "you're pathetic." I don't know man, me and my illusive ways, I suppose.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang: I've punched my mother, grandmother, kicked a hole in the wall and had a glass clock fall off and break because of it. Only one of those is true however. Guess which one.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima: You seem to have an awesome relationship with your mom, so I will go with punching your grandma.

Amirite?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lordofultima
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima: You seem to have an awesome relationship with your mom, so I will go with punching your grandma.  Amirite? "
    DAMN, how did you know/!
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By napalm

I'm going to go with a glass clock breaking and falling. Nobody kicks holes in walls anymore, and the glass clock seems more likely.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " I'm going to go with a glass clock breaking and falling. Nobody kicks holes in walls anymore, and the glass clock seems more likely. "
    No, I kicked a hole in the wall which caused the clock to fall and break.
    tatsuyame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By tatsuyame

"So, I originally had some cool and awesome matches recorded earlier today. I had probably a good 40 minutes worth of matches, but somewhere in there, iMovie thought it was a splendid idea to go ahead and crash and lose all of my recorded footage. And yes, I am ghetto because I don't use a standalone camera for recording things. Anyway, I lost all of my footage, I was going to show to you guys," 
    I hope you weren't recording during our match last night. Or if you were, that was part of the footage lost. I have no freakin clue how to beat your Guile. :<  Make some more videos so I can study how you play.   :)
    'Autocorrect, be my best frieeendd'

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima: THAT'S A TRICK QUESTION!

@tatsuyame: I was trying to figure out where I added you from, haha. The only thing I will tell you, is I cross up a lot, so be prepared to throw if I cross you up, so you can tech it, or I will get to it first. Chun Li has REALLY good pokes, use that to your advantage. She has a lot of fast, safe, stuff, so use that to your advantage.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Stang
    @tatsuyame said:
    " "So, I originally had some cool and awesome matches recorded earlier today. I had probably a good 40 minutes worth of matches, but somewhere in there, iMovie thought it was a splendid idea to go ahead and crash and lose all of my recorded footage. And yes, I am ghetto because I don't use a standalone camera for recording things. Anyway, I lost all of my footage, I was going to show to you guys,"  I hope you weren't recording during our match last night. Or if you were, that was part of the footage lost. I have no freakin clue how to beat your Guile. :<  Make some more videos so I can study how you play.   :)'Autocorrect, be my best frieeendd' "
    Pick Ken. Victory is yours.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By JJOR64

YES, HONDA WON!!!    GUANTANAMO BAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a pretty good match.

tatsuyame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tatsuyame

@Napalm The really f'd up thing about yesterday was that NONE of my techs were working. I would literally press throw at the same time they would and I wouldn't tech. I really need to practice those. She does have great pokes, but that doesn't help when I can't get in on you :/ . One thing I should have abused was Chun's apparent free sweep on Guile's wakeup (I believe she does, not sure on the specifics though. Something about wonky hitboxes in this game) Also, if I didn't hazanshu into a SB like forty times, I might have lived longer. -_-

@Stang
    You mean Sagat?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By napalm
    @tatsuyame said:
    " @Napalm The really f'd up thing about yesterday was that NONE of my techs were working. I would literally press throw at the same time they would and I wouldn't tech. I really need to practice those. She does have great pokes, but that doesn't help when I can't get in on you :/ . One thing I should have abused was Chun's apparent free sweep on Guile's wakeup (I believe she does, not sure on the specifics though. Something about wonky hitboxes in this game) Also, if I didn't hazanshu into a SB like forty times, I might have lived longer. -_- "
    I've stopped doing wake up special moves, for the most part, but occasionally, in a last stretch of desperation I'll do a wake up Ultra to see if it connects.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stang

No, I mean Ken. Try it next time you play Napalm.

tatsuyame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tatsuyame

@Napalm Yeah, that was the only way I got some damage on you. Kudos on those 1-frame link BnB's, I still don't have Chun's down with any reliability.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " No, I mean Ken. Try it next time you play Napalm. "
    Ken isn't a big weakness for me, you just know how to use him differently than everybody else, haha.

@tatsuyame said:
    " @Napalm Yeah, that was the only way I got some damage on you. Kudos on those 1-frame link BnB's, I still don't have Chun's down with any reliability. "

Guile's only reliable combos are the jab combos, so it's what I use most often, paired with long range fierce attacks and Sonic Booms, I can confuse my opponent fairly easily. Like I always say, though I'm not really that good at the game, I'm just pretty good with spacing and zoning. I always try to work more on spacing that trying to fit together long and complicated combos. Chun Li can be used in a similar matter, as well.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By Thrawn1

man, what a shitty match up for honda. I fucking hate sfiv. lol at that honda though.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Thrawn said:
    " man, what a shitty match up for honda. I fucking hate sfiv. lol at that honda though. "
    Aww you be jumping on the hate train now?
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AniMoney
    You totally threw that away going for the ultra in the second round.

@lordofultima
    said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " I'm going to go with a glass clock breaking and falling. Nobody kicks holes in walls anymore, and the glass clock seems more likely. "
    No, I kicked a hole in the wall which caused the clock to fall and break. "
    lmao win.
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By Thrawn1
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " @Thrawn said:
    " man, what a shitty match up for honda. I fucking hate sfiv. lol at that honda though. "
    Aww you be jumping on the hate train now? "
    naw I love sfiv but sometimes it can be the most frustrating game ever. usually tiers don't matter that much but sfiv is such a slow game that you basically have time to think about frame data while you're playing. there are certain matchups where you just know there are certain situations your character can be put in and you just have to sit there and take chip damage. it also doesn't help that the majority of texas players use balrog, my worst matchup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.