Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Frustration with street fighter 4, half solved

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By nima

So the problem that I had previously was the cancellation of special moves. I could never cancel a special move during online or arcade matches and I just couldnt figure out why the hell it does not work! I pull it off flawlessly in training and I could never do it in an actual match.

Now though, after the help of steve_evil, the solution has been found. I use Sakura so I dont know if the same applies to all characters or not. When using a EX move, at least 2 bars of the S gauge must be full for the cancellation of a EX move to work. The cancellation will cause 2 whole bars to go so as to prevent people from constantly cancelling. 

When I use Sakura's Shuryoken, a very useful move, I must be careful that the opponent will not block it otherwise it leaves me wide open for any sort of attack. If the opponent does block, I will have to pay the price by sacrificing two bars to prevent an open attack. Very interesting. I like how I have to think about what I'm doing and I have to think fast.

Oh and the other half, online. I never got anybody disconnecting before but today, today was unbelievable. Constant disconnections. What a bunch of assholes! They see that I'm not easy and so they disconnect? It didn't happen once or twice either. This happened too many times today. I do wish that qualified as my win and their loss. I would'v thought that Capcom would foresee this problem. I mean, it should be obvious, right?

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nima

So the problem that I had previously was the cancellation of special moves. I could never cancel a special move during online or arcade matches and I just couldnt figure out why the hell it does not work! I pull it off flawlessly in training and I could never do it in an actual match.

Now though, after the help of steve_evil, the solution has been found. I use Sakura so I dont know if the same applies to all characters or not. When using a EX move, at least 2 bars of the S gauge must be full for the cancellation of a EX move to work. The cancellation will cause 2 whole bars to go so as to prevent people from constantly cancelling. 

When I use Sakura's Shuryoken, a very useful move, I must be careful that the opponent will not block it otherwise it leaves me wide open for any sort of attack. If the opponent does block, I will have to pay the price by sacrificing two bars to prevent an open attack. Very interesting. I like how I have to think about what I'm doing and I have to think fast.

Oh and the other half, online. I never got anybody disconnecting before but today, today was unbelievable. Constant disconnections. What a bunch of assholes! They see that I'm not easy and so they disconnect? It didn't happen once or twice either. This happened too many times today. I do wish that qualified as my win and their loss. I would'v thought that Capcom would foresee this problem. I mean, it should be obvious, right?

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By StaticFalconar

um, yes, to do a roman cancel, i mean focus attack ex cancel you have to use up half your super meter. otherwise everybody would just cancel out of all moves whether they hit or not to get infinite combos pretty quick (also negates the whole risk and reward of the game). This applies to everybody and this is where the whole thinking about what you're doing and not just mashing moves come in play.

As far as disconnects go, I'm not so sure I can think of way to remedy that. Its very hard to detect which one is the disconnector (from a server side perspective), and if they made the rules be whoever has more life wins before the disconnect, you would just get people that does quick damage and then disconnect on you. If they did have a way to find and punish the disconnector, what if I go into a match where its so laggy I can barely play it? Surely both parties would want to disconnect at that point, but should one side be awarded a win or a lost because of it? The problem is obvious, the solution is not.

This is why ultimately don't take too much stock in your battle points.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Gambit

havent heard roman cancel in a while i miss guilty gear

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.